HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Good for Crosby. I might be weird, but part of my enjoyment of following these kids and their development, is the idea that they will always be Montreal Canadiens. Having players who wear only 1 jersey and represent a team throughout their career is healthy for the game.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Good for Crosby. I might be weird, but part of my enjoyment of following these kids and their development, is the idea that they will always be Montreal Canadiens. Having players who wear only 1 jersey and represent a team throughout their career is healthy for the game.
At some point Pens will need to bite the bullet and rebuild. Since drafting Crosby and Letang in 2005, the pens have drafted over 100 players in the draft. Probably only one of them Bryan Rust will be on their opening night roster this year.

If they extend Crosby they will have 58.3M plus whatever Crosby is paid under contract to next years cap hit. all but $5M of it (Lizotte, Aho and Nedeljkovic) will be to players who are 30 or over when the season starts next year. Even their "young" players are in their early 30s

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
At some point Pens will need to bite the bullet and rebuild. Since drafting Crosby and Letang in 2005, the pens have drafted over 100 players in the draft. Probably only one of them Bryan Rust will be on their opening night roster this year.

If they extend Crosby they will have 58.3M plus whatever Crosby is paid under contract to next years cap hit. all but $5M of it (Lizotte, Aho and Nedeljkovic) will be to players who are 30 or over when the season starts next year. Even their "young" players are in their early 30s
They'll just do like CH fans and media and call 31 years old Belzile a young player.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

They will in the 2026 draft, they don't do it unless Bettman guarantees them a generational talent.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

They've already missed their window of opportunity in term of having the best potential turnover and are now plucking at straws.
The luster was actually starting to come off when we beat them in the covid play in.

Reactions: CDN24

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
“Let me tell you about the code Matty”

Keep your gloves on if Milan looks the other way 👍

Replace meat with kale and nuts.

Become friend with the reporters.

Accept every single sponsor opportunity

1000005826.jpg

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Laraque teaching guys to grapple.

Xhekaj got worse last year. I don't know if it was the shoulder bugging him, but I don't remember him winning a single fight last season.
He’s teaching them to not lose, not to win. Since there isn’t a prize for winning fights but the penalty for losing is severe brain damage, I can certainly see the upside to Georges’ strategy.

Reactions: Kaiden Ghoul

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
They've already missed their window of opportunity in term of having the best potential turnover and are now plucking at straws.
The luster was actually starting to come off when we beat them in the covid play in.
They are about to become a bottom dweller. They are aging and have nothing in the prospect pipeline.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I thought the Pens hired Dubas to lead a rebuild. But it turns out they hired him to keep status quo which is even more perplexing. He was incapable of properly surrounding the Leafs core, why would they think he’d be able to surround an even worse and aging core?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad