HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Like the Weber trade, my biggest issue with the Price contract wasn't the actual move itself but the subsequent moves made after it. It makes no sense to trade for Weber and resign Price and not go all in. You don't make either moves to enter into a retool which is what we did because Bergy didn't prioritize resigning Radulov and Markov which subsequently made the Drouin trade pointless as instead of adding Drouin to the offense, he had to makeup for the loss of Radulov which he couldn't.

Bet he bought himself a dog though

Reactions: donghabs98

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Watching the Leafs trying to assemble a roster is one of the highlights of the offseason since years. It would drive me insane as a fan.
The thing that kills me the most is they decide to drop Peabody and then turn around and sign arguably one of the worst GM's possible.
He got absolutely fleeced for the talent he traded. Compare that to what Chevy got for Dubois.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Like the Weber trade, my biggest issue with the Price contract wasn't the actual move itself but the subsequent moves made after it. It makes no sense to trade for Weber and resign Price and not go all in. You don't make either moves to enter into a retool which is what we did because Bergy didn't prioritize resigning Radulov and Markov which subsequently made the Drouin trade pointless as instead of adding Drouin to the offense, he had to makeup for the loss of Radulov which he couldn't.
Exactly. And we should remember that once they got Drouin they played him at center and put Galchenyuk at wing.

Just unbelievably incompetent management.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
The worst part of all it they ended up drafting worse than someone would following Bob McKenzie's rankings.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I don't get that move. It must be forced by the owner to save money right? With the cap space they have and them not being a prime destination for UFA it makes 0 sense from a hockey perspective. They have like nobody to resign for a while outside of Byram and Tuch next summer too.
Skinner is like Drouin -- if you have a rugged playoff team you can afford to carry him and his soft playing style but for BUF and their desperate efforts to hit the playoffs they need to go the opposite direction. Skinner is actually far too soft and disengaged to be considered a playoff player. I'm a PPG-slut and even I would turn him down if he was offered to the Habs. I'd only sign him as a FA if he came at a very low cap-hit but even then, I don't think our team can afford to carry someone this soft.

That's a pathetic turn out.
It's a tropical storm preceding a hurricane...

Exactly. And we should remember that once they got Drouin they played him at center and put Galchenyuk at wing.

Just unbelievably incompetent management.
Never forget Bergevin had die-hard fans to his final day and after. There will still be commentators who will equivocate for him and his moves.

I was probably far too jaded to be fair to Hughes the last few years because of how frustrating it was to see Habs fans actually support Bergevin and his many awful moves and motivations.

Reactions: Andy

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Preds doing what bergevin should have done during Price's prime. Not that they have a single price caliber player, but why not when a team as weak as Edmonton can make the finals through the west. Josi, forsberg and saros are a pretty comparable trio to subban patches and price.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00