HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
We don't need Kane or Stamkos, they are on the wrong side of their careers and why would they be interested in coming to a rebuilding team in the first place? A contender with cap space will be the destination.
Would have much rather paid for Jeannot. Kane reminds me of Simmonds before he signed with the Leafs. D-O-N-E
Wrong Kane but still applicable. :booboo:

Reactions: OldCraig71

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I
Last time he was UFA, Stamkos did meet with the Habs before ultimately signing back with Tampa.

I feel like the Habs are in a better spot at this point and Stamkos can still receive a nice cheque while being a mentor, so that might entice him a bit.

End of the day that probably doesn't entice him enough.

He, or Kane with Dach would be great to give the team another threat and for the players to learn from those studs that won the Cup multiple times.
I feel like Gorton said it isn't happening I tend to believe him.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Jeannot had one good season and lots of injurys.
I had the project of listing all depth players in the history of the NHL who had 1 or 2 career years where they produced significantly more than their career average and then after that they got paid and reverted back to being themselves (i.e. bad contract) and lo and behold i did start to list them and then the forum ran out of memory and crashed.

Reactions: Tyson

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
@WeThreeKings and I (among others) should feel vindicated by the selection of Sennecke at 3rd overall. Some people thought the idea of him at 5 was crazy. Clearly it wasn’t that insane of a thing to suggest.

I was also a fan of Sennecke. At #3 does seem high but I think he’ll pan out. Has a lot of tools and I think will be very productive.

I do believe those who bagged in him most are the ones who were fanboying over Iginla. I mean, I liked him also, but would take Sennecke before him had Demidov and Lindstrom been off the board.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
He's from Toronto, so I wouldn't say he would ignore them. He probably wants to play with an elite playmaker and Marner is that. Nylander has been playing with Matthews.

They need to get their D set-up, though, so far they have only Rielly, McCabe & Benoit. They'll add Tanev, but that's not nearly enough. They need another puck mover.

They have $18m in cap space, so they'll have some money to upgrade at forward and get another goalie.
Leafs trying to sign Bertuzzi also.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Even later in the draft, it's like all the Ds shifted back. Maybe having too many just made all the teams reach for the rare forwards instead.

Or they watched Panthers/Oilers final and decided good D wasn't really that useful finally...

He slipped. Looks like Yeti will be the club name.

It's a fun name, at least. "Utah Hockey Club" made them come off as a Soccer team.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
A contender for what? You can't be serious but I didn't see the sarcasm emoji hence the reason I asked.
We are contending to break .500 I thought you knew this. :laugh:

Year of the defenseman and only one goes top 6.
The right one went second so nothing else matters. That may end up biting Chicago if Levshunov has plateaued like some claim.

Reactions: OldCraig71

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I was also a fan of Sennecke. At #3 does seem high but I think he’ll pan out. Has a lot of tools and I think will be very productive.

I do believe those who bagged in him most are the ones who were fanboying over Iginla. I mean, I liked him also, but would take Sennecke before him had Demidov and Lindstrom been off the board.
This seems like a reach pick. Similar how we went off the board for Kohtkaniemi at 3. You see what you want to see at the time of the draft.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
He was a perpetual vezina contender coming into the 17-18 season.

What's inexcusable is putting an AHL team in front of a HOF goalie who plays his best in the playoffs.

On this I agree.

Why pay a big contract to him and then blow up the team? But those are two different things and speaks to management's lack of ability... not Price's. And it goes for ANY superstar player. Brutal mismangement and lack of direction.

I will go to my grave believing that we would've won at least one cup if we'd gotten a competent GM in 2013. We were missing a few pieces but the core for a winner was there. And within four years that young core was dismantled and ruined.

THAT is inexusable.

No biggie paying for a late 20s goalie if you surround him well. Soros isn't Price so I wouldn't pay the same premium. But they have to look at their club and realistically think if they can win a cup in a shorter window. If not, they should deal him and cultivate Askarov. I'm not familiar enough with Nashville right now to say either way. But maybe it's part of a strategy to win now. Maybe they add Marner for example... then it starts to make more sense if they think he can help their offense. But they'll need more than him.

It's all about direction.
Like the Weber trade, my biggest issue with the Price contract wasn't the actual move itself but the subsequent moves made after it. It makes no sense to trade for Weber and resign Price and not go all in. You don't make either moves to enter into a retool which is what we did because Bergy didn't prioritize resigning Radulov and Markov which subsequently made the Drouin trade pointless as instead of adding Drouin to the offense, he had to makeup for the loss of Radulov which he couldn't.

JackZap

May 7, 2009
Lefs still, with no goalie and a banged up Tanev for 6 years, incoming Jake Muzzin 2.0. Never change my friend

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $14,488.00