#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Shane Wright struggling a little

donald-glover-good.gif

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
The Jacobs family has pull
I never really followed that, but wonder why it's only 4 nations... I mean Czechs and Slovaks can ice pretty decent teams. Let alone Russia. Even Latvia is not really that out of place, if I remember whatever last international tournament there was.

Also I think i heard during yesterday's broadcast they talked about Canada goalie candidates... Skinner, Monty and Binnington... Ouch, baby! Very ouch! Is this really the best Canada can do now?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I never really followed that, but wonder why it's only 4 nations... I mean Czechs and Slovaks can ice pretty decent teams. Let alone Russia. Even Latvia is not really that out of place, if I remember whatever last international tournament there was.
The 4 nation concept makes no sense and i have literally zero interest in a tournament where the Czechs are excluded considering how solid they have been historically

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The 4 nation concept makes no sense and i have literally zero interest in a tournament where the Czechs are excluded considering how solid they have been historically
Since this is a NHL tournament i assume the players must be playing in the NHL to be in which is probably why those teams are not in. Czechia has only 5 NHL dman. Slovakia has only 3.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
No USA team in that game would be classic. :laugh:
Not impossible if Sweden can stop flopping. On paper they have a solid team.

Forsberg - Elias Pettersson - Wlliam Nylander
Raymond - Zibanejad - Adrian Kempe
Jesper Bratt - Ericksson Ek - William Karlsson
Burakovsky - Elias Lindholm - Leo Carlsson

William Eklund
Backlund
Nyquist

Hedman - Rasmus Anderson
Ekholm - Dahlin
Forsling - Brodin

Erik Karlsson
Ekman-Larsson
Broberg
Hampus Lindholm

Linus Ullmark
Filip Gustavsson

Jacob Markstrom

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Happy to see Jonathan Kovasevic playing well and playing alot of minutes in NJ. I don't think NJ expected him to be this effective. 6 points +5 in 11 games averaging 20 minutes of ice time.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Happy to see Jonathan Kovasevic playing well and playing alot of minutes in NJ. I don't think NJ expected him to be this effective. 6 points +5 in 11 games averaging 20 minutes of ice time.
For what he cost and the role he had on the Habs I thought he played pretty well for the Habs during his time here for the most part, plus his teammates seemed to love the guy as well.

It just came down to a numbers game on defense and someone had to be moved out and Kovacevic and Harris were deemed the most expendable by Hughes to move on from but we'll see. Seemed like a great guy so good to see him playing well for the Devils.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Leto

Feb 16, 2023

It's 4 nations because only the four nations have enough NHLers to make a full roster. It's a NHL event, not an international tournament.​

Reactions: salbutera

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Nemec not looking so hot so far this season , although I think he's dealing with an injury . kid is still so young

Laffs vs Jets tonight. God I hope leafs lose bad and shits hits the fan in TO. I'm bored.
Should be a good game , odds are toronto wins this one since the jets are due but yeah , gonna be a meltdown in laughsland if they lose in regulation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad