HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024-2025 season

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
I don’t think anybody cares about where Michkov has family. He was an 18 year old draftee acting a high profile UFA.
Wasn’t drafted yet so no he wasn’t a draftee. If it’s true good for him for using what little leverage he had to end up in the spot he felt was best. He’s not the first and won’t be the last.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Wasn’t drafted yet so no he wasn’t a draftee. If it’s true good for him for using what little leverage he had to end up in the spot he felt was best. He’s not the first and won’t be the last.
There would be no point in having a draft if every prospect did that. It’s not something to applaud him over. He was regarded as the second best player in the draft and was up there with Bedard for talent. He fell to seventh. People are acting like Hughes was the only one who passed on him. Clearly teams were turned off. It wasn’t just us.

Nogatco Rd

Music Has The Right To Children
Apr 3, 2021
There would be no point in having a draft if every prospect did that

Jagr, Lindros, Gretzky, Elway, Manning, Bo Jackson

All guys who used what means they had available to them to avoid being stuck in an undesirable professional situation via the draft… And yet the draft didn’t fall apart because of their actions.

They all went on to superstar careers and for the most part the drama surrounding the circumstances of their draft just ended up being a footnote to their legacy.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Michkov apparently has family in Brooklyn which is 1.5hr drive from Philly - and is NYC Little Russia (Brighton Beach & Sheepshead Bay)

I don’t think anybody cares about where Michkov has family. He was an 18 year old draftee acting a high profile UFA.

Come on guys, what's the point of peddling unfounded totally unnecessary conspiracies? There's zero evidence of any of this.

Last edited:

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Jagr, Lindros, Gretzky, Elway, Manning, Bo Jackson

All guys who used what means they had available to them to avoid being stuck in an undesirable professional situation via the draft… And yet the draft didn’t fall apart because of their actions.

They all went on to superstar careers and for the most part the drama surrounding the circumstances of their draft just ended up being a footnote to their legacy.
If it became more commonplace something would have to be done.

Come on guys, what's the point of peddling unfounded totally unnecessary conspiracies? There's zero evidence of any of this.
We don't need evidence. It is NOT a theory. We KNOW he did not want to go to Arizona/Utah. There are enough talking heads reporting things that it is obvious he tried to force his way to Philly. Who cares why he did it.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
There's no point. But at the same time there's around here a ridiculous unwillingness to admit there was some smoke over Michkov. What was the smoke? Was there a fire? Those are unknown and i agree it's pointless to speculate. But there was definitely smoke denying that is ridiculous. He was drafted 7th for an unkown reason and it was certainly not a lack of skills and it was not the russian factor only as we drafted Demidov 5th the next year and a Simashev was drafted before him.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Stamkos
8GP
1 Goal
0 assist
Tbh I wanted him as a vet for short term but 4x8 was absolutely ridiculous. It was pretty clear his production was from leeching off of kuch the past couple years. He basically sold his spot in the hof for a few extra million.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Stamkos
8GP
1 Goal
0 assist
He must be missing his old friend Kuch on the PP ;)

Stamkos had a so so season last year tbh. Most of his production was from the PP and he was -21 playing for a team where half the team was in the + or close to it. He had 19 PPG and 39 PPP which was almost half his production. And while i don't consider +/- as a defensive stats i think it's a relatively good indicator of how dominant or not your line is at 5v5 and if you're -21 in a team with players in the + it could mean you're cheating. Stakmos is almost 35 ...

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Masters of spinning of their wheels; Leafs 2016-2024.

Same ingredients, same cake. What the f*** are they doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad