HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024-2025 season

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I really questioned Nashville offseason choices. Just because you have attractive conditions to recruit players doesn't mean you should just go out and spend the money. I think trotz showed some inexperience in that respect.

I think they made some questionable investments, but they will not be this bad when it's all said and done. You do sometimes see an adjustment period when you make a couple significant additions to the core in one offseason.
The Skjei contract was honestly the biggest head scratcher for me. Stamkos & Marchessault also risk given their ages but at least you're adding firepower in the short term and Stamkos helps you get your fans hyped. Committing to Skjei for 7 years as their #2D just didn't really make much sense to me.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Habs bleed goals from the blue line with traffic in front and it seems to be Michkov speciality so far in the NHL.

Habs roll into Philly tomorrow 💀

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
And what if Montembeault is the next Carey Price and Barron is the next Markov? Hint….it ain’t going to happen
He's a top 5 pick, so your examples are incredibly bad. You have no idea how Reinbacher is going to turn out. I wanted Michkov, but this pretention of being omniscient and knowing how he will turn out is completely puerile.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Why? He plays center no? He's probably taking minutes on the 4th line.
Plays just under 13 minutes 5 on 5 and just over a minute on the pp, so 3rd line and 2nd pp duties it would seem.
Boy did we ever bottle the 2023 draft. What a mistake passing on Michkov. Reinbacher was such a waste of a pick.

2nd pairing d by Kent Hugues that dont run a PP. thats whats he said when he drafted him.

Such a waste.
MICHKOV WANTED TO GO TO PHILLY, THAT'S WHY HE WENT AND MET WITH THEM IN PHILADELPHIA WHILE HE DIDN'T MEET WITH ANYONE ELSE LIKE THAT.

There, hopefully people can f***ing read that and stop saying stupid, idiotic shit over it.

If you're such a big fan of Michkov, you should know this, but apparently people aren't, but like to be.

Reactions: jrom

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Boy did we ever bottle the 2023 draft. What a mistake passing on Michkov. Reinbacher was such a waste of a pick.
And what would you be saying if it was Michkov who tore his ACL? Kind of unfair to Reinbacher
2nd pairing d by Kent Hugues that dont run a PP. thats whats he said when he drafted him.

Such a waste.
To temper expectations. He’s not going to say "yeah he’s a 1D who will turn around our franchise". Note he didn’t say this about Demidov or Hutson either even though they are both elite talents.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad