HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024-2025 season

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Damn Nashville being outshot 10-4 midway through 1st against Chicago. Hawks lead 1-0.

Nashville is another team that is below Montreal that I expect to eventually pass the Habs - maybe not.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Damn Nashville being outshot 10-4 midway through 1st against Chicago. Hawks lead 1-0.

Nashville is another team that is below Montreal that I expect to eventually pass the Habs - maybe not.

I really questioned Nashville offseason choices. Just because you have attractive conditions to recruit players doesn't mean you should just go out and spend the money. I think trotz showed some inexperience in that respect.

I think they made some questionable investments, but they will not be this bad when it's all said and done. You do sometimes see an adjustment period when you make a couple significant additions to the core in one offseason.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Lots of new players in big role on their roster, it usually means poor cohesion at season start.

But they might have made the wrong choices (like Stamkos).

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Giroux is another old man that looks like he has lots of runway left. Such a solid hockey brain

I respect him for committing to a Canadian team but wish he was on a contender again

I don't know about that. I find he's been lazy and soft with Ottawa. Maybe he's changed this year, but I found he looked like a shadow of himself last year.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Surprised that Will Smith has not gotten a single point through 6 games. I am sure he is AHL bound very soon.

Reactions: Habs

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He really should have stayed at BC one more year. I don't think he's physically ready.

Benson's another one struggling in the early going...

It's as if it's normal for 19-20-21 year old athletes, even the most talented ones, to have uneven starts to their pro careers and there isn't one definitive right or wrong approach that works.

Many a hot take might be tempered with an understanding of this context.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad