HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024-2025 season

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Dallas imo is the best run organization in the NHL.

Jim Nill has been doing an excellent job for years.

Many posters were quick to pile on him for some of the missteps along the way, but that's a great example of why you can't get overly concerned with the individual mistakes... No GM gets everything right.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Jim Nill has been doing an excellent job for years.

Many posters were quick to pile on him for some of the missteps along the way, but that's a great example of why you can't get overly concerned with the individual mistakes... No GM gets everything right.
That organization can draft and develop players. I go to the HEB Center and watch the Texas Stars...1st class organization all the way.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
66M in Texas >>> 66M in Massachusetts

*He could have gotten more* he does.

:teach:

1000009648.jpg

Reactions: Redux91

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
Wanted him so bad
The way Demidov fell to 5 I was praying so hard Leo somehow made it to 5 that night

Ducks got it right then, and they let us have Demi the next year so, won't complain too much lol

Same.

The Habs asked Carlsson to which spot they should trade to get him, they knew he was not dropping to them :laugh:.​

Reactions: Redux91

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Reactions: Deebs

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Unfortunately teams miss on big prizes. Look at the Rangers. They whiffed on Kakko, Lias Andersson, Kravtsov , all of which were top 10 picks. But they got Miller, killed it on getting Shesterkin, great trade in Zibanejed, and as a Destination team rounded up desirable UFAs. But lots of top 10 misses.

In contrast the Leafs have nailed it in the Drafts to assemble their core, but have failed elsewhere.

So there will be misses, but you need to hit on a combination of picks, trades and signings. We are real close though on having the key spots filled in. A no.1D to replace Matheson is the most glaring spot right now, and Reinbacher the best hope there.
We don't have the UFA options Rangers have. Fox and the Bread Man would never sign here

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
We don't have the UFA options Rangers have. Fox and the Bread Man would never sign here
That's funny too because taxes in NYC are insane and while they may not be as high as Montreal I would bet they are close not too mention how expensive housing is in that area.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
That's funny too because taxes in NYC are insane and while they may not be as high as Montreal I would bet they are close not too mention how expensive housing is in that area.
While I agree about the taxes and cost of living, the cities are sooooo different.
No better place to be a star athlete, in North America, than in the big apple

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad