HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024-2025 season

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
View attachment 917290

Honestly I love Michkov and I wanted him so bad but if we win a cup in the next decade and rein is a top 4 D it doesn't matter , until we win a cup tho all of us will say *Told you so* to our organisation that passed on an absolute freak of a forward that we all wanted

"Honestly I love Michkov and I wanted him so bad but if we win a cup in the next decade and rein is a top 4 D it doesn't matter"

copium.png

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Seems like you need rocket science and alchemy to get to the conclusions some of you bandy about.

So no proof that he snubbed the Habs, as usual.

Okay, will you accept the Habs preferred Reinbacher to Michkov? Or did they only settle for Reinbacher out of necessity?

Which is it?

Well said.

Some people need to continue to stand with the decision and rationale of the brain trust. Making excuses for why Reinbacher was picked undermines everything.

Bro, this is typical leftist thinking where the moment somebody has a different opinion than you, you cry about it.

I never mentioned Reinbacher, I was responding directly to your post asking for a citation. This is also typical of you where you demand facts but can’t provide any yourself. You can’t prove he didn’t snub the Habs.

But since you had to bring up his name, end of the day, whether Michkov forced his way on to Philly or Habs preferred Reinbacher, doesn’t matter because both teams will never reveal it now that they got their players. Hence, the pre-draft reports are all we have.

Also, since I know you’re typically set on one train of thought on like every hockey subject, let me close by saying it is PLAUSIBLE that Michkov only wanted to play for Philly (as opposed to MTL and ARI) and Montreal preferred Reinbacher.

Reactions: Cubebrick

Cubebrick

Mar 5, 2014
It would be nice to know what that says. And if it says he met with the Habs it means NOTHING.
It's not even news. We've known that they met since prior to that draft, even confirmed by Hughes and Gorton. That's not even the point.

We know that he's got a history of being a poor character in interviews, brought forward by Chicago and Washington scouts. We know that he went forward with not wanting to be drafted by Arizona (can't blame him) nor Washington, as per his own agent. We know that he flew over to privately met with Philadelphia more than once at their facilities prior to the draft.

Yet, after this, it's impossible for some to wrap their head around the possibility that he swayed one way, and that that was seen as a risk from the other teams. Instead, it's everyone else who's dumb and biased against the kid.

Martineau throws an opinion tweet about Michkov's potential interest that goes opposite of what Friedman has been saying and all of a sudden, it's gospel.

This conversation is useless and amounts to absolute jack shit anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad