HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024-2025 season

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Two goaltenders won their NHL debut tonight, Hildeby for the Leafs and Blomqvist for the Pens. Two pretty good prospects, another two interesting names playing their first NHL games tonight, Celebrini and Smith for the Sharks.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
You get the feeling that Edmonton will regress this year.
To lose 6-0 on opening night is shocking too me.

They got off to an incredibly poor start last year, too, but I think they regress.

The D is terrible and soft. Nurse hasn't improved and now his partner is Emberson or Dermott. Both are terrible and neither is a top 4. Broberg is a loss on the D.

Holloway for Skinner? Lol
Arvidsson, Henrique, small & injury prone.
Perry is sloooow.

I don't like anything that they did this summer. Zero upgrades. They got worse.

McDavid will carry this team to the playoffs, but they've taken a huge step back.

Vancouver may not survive the loss of Demko. That D is not good, too. I'm so glad Montreal has a ton of young D. Pacific is pretty wide open & the weakest of the Divisions.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Cooley is a dog

Two girthy boys in Martone and Fantilli would also be too much so.

Well, regardless Columbus will get a really good player. It's going to be a tough year for them with the loss of Gaudreau (RIP), and now Jenner probably out for the year with shoulder surgery. They probably deserve some good things happening for them.

Just not Martone. I'm still dreaming of him in Montreal....

Reactions: Hannibal and Mrb1p

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's kinda weird, it's not like he's a top prospect either, he's got about 10 NHL games in 4 years. Someone really likes him in Vegas I guess, seems like a lot of work for a guy like that.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Back in the days waivers claims had to spend some time in the NHL before they could be waived again.

Ovie in the wild

1000009254.jpg

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Wasn't it when someone claims your player and puts him back to waivers if his old team claims him they can sent him down without passing waivers? Did they change that or is it a brainfart by me?

They can only send him down when reclaimed if the claiming team was the only one to put in a claim. When Edmonton originally put him on waivers a team lower than VGK in priority put in a claim on him, but then when VGK waived him they must not have. That meant Edmonton couldn't send him down without waivers, but Vegas could.

This is my understanding anyway, could be wrong.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad