Our beloved Metro division watch thread.

Where will the Jackets finish in the Metro?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
@NHLFantasy: NHL strength of remaining schedule
Favorable: CGY, BUF, SJS, PIT, STL, WPG
Difficult: MTL, WSH, CAR, MIN, TBL, NYI
Home heavy: CAR, STL, VAN
Road heavy: CBJ; TBL, WPG
Full list of opponent points %, games left & home/road splits via #NHLStats: NHL strength of schedule for rest of 2018-19 season

montreal washington NYI and carolina among those with the toughest schedules remaining.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I feel like we should be rooting for Carolina tonight against Pittsburgh since PIT seems to have an easier schedule moving forward. Please just no overtime!

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I feel like we should be rooting for Carolina tonight against Pittsburgh since PIT seems to have an easier schedule moving forward. Please just no overtime!
I'd prefer that Pittsburgh wins (yuck), as Carolina has a harder schedule and I think the CBJ could overtake them for the 1st wild card spot and play Islanders or Caps. Not sure who to root for in Habs/Flyers.....a Habs loss keeps them at least 3 back but brings Philly within 4 points, whereas a Habs win could potentially have them 1 back, but makes it hard for Flyers to ever catch up.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
I'd prefer that Pittsburgh wins (yuck), as Carolina has a harder schedule and I think the CBJ could overtake them for the 1st wild card spot and play Islanders or Caps. Not sure who to root for in Habs/Flyers.....a Habs loss keeps them at least 3 back but brings Philly within 4 points, whereas a Habs win could potentially have them 1 back, but makes it hard for Flyers to ever catch up.

Pittsburgh is still in reach to catch for the #3 seed, which is another reason why I'll be rooting for Carolina tonight. Also because I hate that team.

Ideally I'd love to get the #3 seed, Carolina WC1 and Pittsburgh getting shafted by playing Tampa :)

Reactions: Monk

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Hard core rooting for no three point game, but I think its better to root for Pitt.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I see the argument for both sides, I would rather keep our eyes set on getting into the top-3 rather than gambling on a wild card spot

With PIT having a an easier schedule, I think it's better to just let them go and get the #3 seed and hope NYI can out win WSH. Then, of course, us catch CAR and keep MTL away.

Reactions: EspenK and Madifer

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Pittsburgh is still in reach to catch for the #3 seed, which is another reason why I'll be rooting for Carolina tonight. Also because I hate that team.

Ideally I'd love to get the #3 seed, Carolina WC1 and Pittsburgh getting shafted by playing Tampa :)

Can't we just root for earthquake?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Worst possible result night. Carolina wins in a SO, Montreal dominated Philly, Jackets lose in regulation.

Playoff odds down from 84% to around 75%.

MTL closes with NYI, BUF, @ CAR, FLA, @ CBJ, @ WPG, TB, @ WSH, TOR

I predict W, W, L, W, W, W, W, L, W for a 7-2 finish. 97 points

CAR closes with TB, MIN, MTL, @ WSH, WSH, PHI, @ PIT, @ TOR, NJ, @ PHI

I predict L, W, W, L, W, W, L, L, W, W for a 6-4 finish. 99 points

CBJ closes with @ EDM, @ VAN, NYI, MTL, @ NSH, @ BUF, BOS, @ NYR, @ OTT

I predict W, W, L, L, L, W, L ,W, W. 5-4 finish. 94 points

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
I predict:

Montreal to finish with 92 points.
Carolina to finish with 97 points.
CBJ to finish with 94 points.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
These next 2 games are must wins. I think Montreal has a lot of work to do to make it in so I think the Jackets can back in due to the Habs failure. But it isn't a sure thing by any stretch of the imagination.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Worst possible result night. Carolina wins in a SO, Montreal dominated Philly, Jackets lose in regulation.

Playoff odds down from 84% to around 75%.

MTL closes with NYI, BUF, @ CAR, FLA, @ CBJ, @ WPG, TB, @ WSH, TOR

I predict W, W, L, W, W, W, W, L, W for a 7-2 finish. 97 points

CAR closes with TB, MIN, MTL, @ WSH, WSH, PHI, @ PIT, @ TOR, NJ, @ PHI

I predict L, W, W, L, W, W, L, L, W, W for a 6-4 finish. 99 points

CBJ closes with @ EDM, @ VAN, NYI, MTL, @ NSH, @ BUF, BOS, @ NYR, @ OTT

I predict W, W, L, L, L, W, L ,W, W. 5-4 finish. 94 points

2/3 on these picks today. Only one I got wrong was the Jackets. Unlucky.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Wild play at Canes tonight and Sabres in Montreal. Not sure CBJ get much help in either game, particularly with Wild having played last night. Montreal plays at Carolina tomorrow.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Wild play at Canes tonight and Sabres in Montreal. Not sure CBJ get much help in either game, particularly with Wild having played last night. Montreal plays at Carolina tomorrow.

Yeah today isn’t going to go well, and tomorrow probably won’t either (on the out of town scoreboard).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad