Low Effort GDT Ottberia Senators vs Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What is important to happen this season is that the "Dorion stink" starts going away. And while Staios hasn't made core shaking moves, he made a lot of them to allow that to happen IMO.

Yakemchuk could also help in that regard if he proves that they were right to take him as the 2nd best D-man in the draft even though he was seen as the last of the Top-6 D

I think Amadio has been good. Very smart player. Gregor has been disappointing so far.

Not too worried about Amadio, he has a spot and a 2.6 AAV, he's not fighting for his life. Gregor is though and like I said before, nothing special player, he kinda reminds me of Dylan Gambrell. "He's just there", not good or bad defensively, just there. He produced a bit of points on the Sharks so that's what he'll have to do to justify taking a 4th line spot. I think Reinhardt and Jenik are not making him safe

For Amadio, people will have to adjust to the player's type, he's quite slow compared to Joseph so while he is replacing him, it will be a completely different way

I know it's the pre-season, but I think I'm increasingly thinking Soogard just doesn't have it in him to be a starter in the league. Sure, have patience, he's 23, but at some point you have to show "something". He had a good year in the AHL but not spectacular by any stretch.

At this point I see a career AHLer with the off chance of being a poor backup goalie.

I'm hoping Meralainen hits. He seems to have a higher ceiling but not sure if the consistency is there quite yet.

Yeah Sogaard needs to show a big improvement in consistency this season. He has shown good things at the AHL level but outside of flashes of brillance, not much at the NHL level yet.

I think the guy we shouldn't have let go is Joey Daccord, looked like a Top-15 goalie last season. Just checked and he had the 4th highest GSAA, damn

Hoping Ullmark fits and wants to stay

Last edited:

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
What is important to happen this season is that the "Dorion stink" goes away. And while Staios hasn't made core shaking moves, he made a lot of them to allow that to happen IMO.

Yakemchuk could also help in that regard if he proves that they were right to take him as the 2nd best D-man in the draft even though he was seen as the last of the Top-6 D

Not too worried about Amadio, he has a spot and a 2.6 AAV, he's not fighting for his life. Gregor is though and like I said before, nothing special player, he kinda reminds me of Dylan Gambrell. "He's just there", not good or bad defensively, just there. He produced a bit of points on the Sharks so that's what he'll have to do to justify taking a 4th line spot. I think Reinhardt and Jenik are not making him safe

For Amadio, people will have to adjust to the player's type, he's quite slow compared to Joseph so while he is replacing him, it will be a completely different way

Yeah Sogaard needs to show a big improvement in consistency this season. He has shown good things at the AHL level but outside of flashes of brillance, not much at the NHL level yet.

I think the guy we shouldn't have let go is Joey Daccord, looked like a Top-15 goalie last season. Just checked and he had the 4th highest GSAA, damn

Hoping Ullmark fits and wants to stay
I honestly think Mads Søgaard being a backup next year is fine.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think that's terrifying. He literally never knows where the puck is. He slides around where he thinks it is. A goal goes through him every game. I could see him as an NHL goalie but not next year.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I know it's the pre-season, but I think I'm increasingly thinking Soogard just doesn't have it in him to be a starter in the league. Sure, have patience, he's 23, but at some point you have to show "something". He had a good year in the AHL but not spectacular by any stretch.

At this point I see a career AHLer with the off chance of being a poor backup goalie.

I'm hoping Meralainen hits. He seems to have a higher ceiling but not sure if the consistency is there quite yet.
23 is really still very young for a goalie. But I have huge questions about his ability to track a puck and hockey sense in general. I think he has relied on his size too much and simply hasn't developed these traits. Will take a special kinda coach to fix this problem.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Yeah still a development year for him this season, will play the whole season in the AHL. He makes 750 000$ next season so the plan is him to be the back up next season but it could still change depending on how the season goes for him.

I knew these 19 games in 2022-23 were really bad for his development, another thing a good GM shouldn't/wouldn't have let happened. That might have screwed his confidence when moving up to the NHL, it's another big step and he clearly wasn't ready. Now he might be second guessing himself

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
I thought Chabot was losing his positioning and was being out fought many times tonight. He also does a poor job tying up players in front of the net. Its preseason, but he didnt look great.
That's not he's strength, He's an offensive defenseman that's why we got Jensen

Reactions: Dionysus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad