Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
we need Jacques

1728777563068.png

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Didn't like Chabot or Batherson that period. Habs just want it more. Habs doing a good job holding their line and owning the neutral zone.
This season will make clear who has the mindset we need to have.

I've always been skeptical of Batherson for some weird reason, not a winner, and I think we all know Chabot was driven into the ground by DJ; he may be beyond saving.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
im not even worried about Chabot

Batherson and Norris have to show up. They are given every opportunity in the top 6 to show that they are worth it in that spot. The excuses for those guys are running out especially for Norris who is paid 8mill to score goals and actually be a quality center who can drive the play. He was inivisble so often last year and is again to start the year.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Outside of a better goalie not much has changed from last year. Culture has always been the issue.
For me the biggest thing is the personnel in our top 6 cannot sustain offensive pressure. That would probably be my main concern with this core. I don't think they can consistently hem the other team in their own zone the way other teams do to us.

K1900L

Dec 27, 2019
Don't @ me, but I don't believe that letting your opponent's best sniper skate into sniping position while also giving him time and space to take a snipe is a good strategy.
I also don't believe this 'take-space-in-the-middle-away-without-any-pressure'-pk strategy to be any useful either. You're basically creating a 3v5 in a 4v5 situation and become merely reactive.
Don't like what they are doing defensively, didn't like it against Florida either, but different to this game Ullmark looks human tonight, and this is the result.
Positioning and collective space management look below average.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Don't @ me, but I don't believe that letting your opponent's best sniper skate into sniping position while also giving him time and space to take a snipe is a good strategy.
I also don't believe this 'take-space-in-the-middle-away-without-any-pressure'-pk strategy to be any useful either. You're basically creating a 3v5 in a 4v5 situation and become merely reactive.
Don't like what they are doing defensively, didn't like it against Florida either, but different to this game Ullmark looks human tonight, and this is the result.
Positioning and collective space management look below average.

On that play, the Sens were chasing the puck instead of playing the man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad