GDT: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens Oct 12 at the Bell Center

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It's Montreal. I guess Hamonic gets another chance to show he can compete after Florida.

I think it's clear against skilled, heavy, fast forecheck contenders Hamonic struggles. I wouldn't say that describes Montreal. We have a new coach who I guess wants to see players play against a variety of competition. Tonight he'll see how Hamonic does against lesser competition.
I don’t know what you’re getting with JBD over Hamonic.

Hamonic is bigger and stronger. And with other things being equal. I’ll take the bigger and stronger guy.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'm not too worried at Greig on the 4th line. Green obviously beliefs in the player by starting him in the top 6. Injuries sadly will happen and Greig will be up the lineup again.

Gives an opportunity to see how Gregor's speed works in the top 6, he looked good in pre season could he be the next Michael Grabner? probably not but u never know till u try it.

Regardless of where he lines up, Greig is going to get his minutes. At this point he is more effective as a center and maybe with Mac drawing in they wanted a little more strength in the middle on that 4th line. With the players they have down the middle it would be great if they could roll out four solid lines. They are maybe one solid forward away from being able to do that, I think Gregor and Cosuins are players that maybe lack skill but could be a good fit and compliment other duos. I wouldn't say the same about Gaudette or MacEwan

Tkachuk-Stutzle-Giroux
xxxx-Norris-Batherson
xxx-Pinto-Amadio
Perron-Greig-xxxx

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
f*** the Habs! Hope the Sens lay an ass whooping tonight.
Our team should and must come to play a full 60 minutes. They must also play a strong physical game. Plus all players must come to play; no passengers. If they don't then the fickle finger of fate is going to point at the coaching staff who need to motivate the players to play that way. No more Molly Coddling the players; it is time they grow up.

Gaudette pulled already. Looks like they want a natural center on the 4th line. Wonder if it's more about getting Mac in for the matchup or unhappiness with Gaudette's first game.
Bit of both perhaps.

Gaudette pulled already. Looks like they want a natural center on the 4th line. Wonder if it's more about getting Mac in for the matchup or unhappiness with Gaudette's first game.
Bit of both perhaps.
They only have 4 C's with Gaudette scratched for MacEwen so I guess the only corresponding move is Greig to fourth line. Pretty disappointing.
I think Cousins has played C before though probably not much at the NHL level.

Reactions: Goat Boy

Goat Boy

Jun 8, 2011
Really hoping we see a similar level of effort to what we saw in the opener, and that the Sens don't get distracted by any callow tactics from the Habs.

Let's keep the W train going. :thumbu:

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Sens had a weakness at 4C and at 3RD since before training camp. It hasn't been solved. The RD PTO went to a real fringe prospect type in Addison when there were others to consider. I don't mind Gaudette as a player but he would not be my choice at 4C on that line.

What do we want in an RD... Experience, Capable and consistent defensively.. Able to offer Kleven some sheltering while he gets his bearings and can move the puck.

There is at least one vet D still sitting there that imo would improve on JBD and Hamonic. Its early , we will see how it goes.

Moving Greig down there will certainly help he is a C and a much better one ; Only issue is he belongs in the top 9 for sure , no question.

The 2nd line did not do much vs the Panthers.. Norris 1st real game in a long time, Greig on a new line on the wing . Like last year Norris is getting the nod over Greig .. likely close to 8m reasons why. Again early and we will see how it shakes out. I hope Greig doesn't remain a fixture there.
"There is at least one vet D still sitting there that imo would improve on JBD and Hamonic." Who are you referring to?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Ill be there tonight, section 103

I am a bit nervous, I am really not a fan of that fanbase. I have a pretty good record usually, hopefully I dont jinx myself and it keeps going tonight
Best to keep a low profile at the game. A simple fist pump at elbow level followed by a quiet "yes!" seems apropos after each goal. :)

I believe Gaudette is useless on the 4th line. He's not a checker but a scorer. Firmly believe we should have kept Jenik in the lineup. MacEwen is only in because of Xhehaj tonight.
I don't think Jenik is the answer long term; someone more physical and menacing is what I desire.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don’t know what you’re getting with JBD over Hamonic.

Hamonic is bigger and stronger. And with other things being equal. I’ll take the bigger and stronger guy.
Yeah, there is not a great deal of difference overall. I would replace both; neither should be our 3RD.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
"There is at least one vet D still sitting there that imo would improve on JBD and Hamonic." Who are you referring to?
I imagine they're referring to Shattenkirk, Giordano, Klingberg or Schultz.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Really hoping we see a similar level of effort to what we saw in the opener, and that the Sens don't get distracted by any callow tactics from the Habs.

Let's keep the W train going. :thumbu:
This is a huge game. So much riding on this game because they should win, and those are the games they struggled with so much last year

Road win, 2 well played games in a row, 2 wins in a row, burying teams that are behind you in the standings, creating separation early with a good start.

sena

Jul 3, 2024
This is a huge game. So much riding on this game because they should win, and those are the games they struggled with so much last year

Road win, 2 well played games in a row, 2 wins in a row, burying teams that are behind you in the standings, creating separation early with a good start.
I am not sure how well they played game 1. After 17 mins they all started to fumble the puck and make scary bad plays.
They went from looking better than they have in years to looking like they were not good at all.
the extra passive stand still defense was over the top. I am guessing they were told to stop sending everyone to chase the puck ala DJ.
Hopefully they find the middle ground

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I am not sure how well they played game 1. After 17 mins they all started to fumble the puck and make scary bad plays.
They went from looking better than they have in years to looking like they were not good at all.
the extra passive stand still defense was over the top. I am guessing they were told to stop sending everyone to chase the puck ala DJ.
Hopefully they find the middle ground

They won, and kept the Panthers to 28 shots.

The Sens mentality is one more save, one more goal than the other team. And that’s exactly what happened so I’m happy with the win.

Very happy because the Sens looked calm, and they have elite goaltending.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Don't think playing Gregor in the top 6 is a smart move

He's someone who can occasionally create his own scoring chance with his excellent speed + shot combo, but he's not someone who plays well with others, as his vision and playmaking ability is noticeably lacking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad