Podcast (Audio) Ottawa Senators podcasts and blogs discussion

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
So what do we have for blogs now?
Silver Seven Sens - ok, different writers, fun
SensChirp - nothing here, gameday stuff
Steve Warne - empty, fluff pieces
Graeme Nichols - was good, hasn't wrote on his own spot since joining The Hockey News, new pieces seem a bit light.
Eyesonsens - great if you like poison
It's you karlsson years - great but limited content...like 3 times a year now.
The atheletic - guess we wait and see what happens there.

HFboards is the best place for talking Sens - blogs don’t matter.

Interesting about Mendes career is when he started as a Sens reporter at Sportsnet the media and journalist really defined the teams and you think of people like Red in Montreal and Don Cherry as institusitons - Mendes wasn’t a Sens fan and he thought lightly of the city and team and that reflected his early writing as a reporter trying to figure out this small town fanbase and it showed in his opinions.

Today the fans define themsleves and the reporters respond to it, we control the opinions and reporters are just there to hold on. the level of arrogance 10 years ago for bloggers from these Sens beat reporters was disgusting - it wasn’t until Sens fans showed the hockey world we define those attached to the team and not the other way around - reporters, owners, managers now are defined by fan bases and by 2-3 local reporters who have all the Accès.

Sens fans put up billboards and every reporter said these guys are to crazy to deal with and we defined Garrioche, that other weirdo the Sun had who’s gone now thankfully, we defined Melnyck, that creepy assistant GM, Dorion, times have changed massively and for the better.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
HFboards is the best place for talking Sens - blogs don’t matter.

Interesting about Mendes career is when he started as a Sens reporter at Sportsnet the media and journalist really defined the teams and you think of people like Red in Montreal and Don Cherry as institusitons - Mendes wasn’t a Sens fan and he thought lightly of the city and team and that reflected his early writing as a reporter trying to figure out this small town fanbase and it showed in his opinions.

Today the fans define themsleves and the reporters respond to it, we control the opinions and reporters are just there to hold on. the level of arrogance 10 years ago for bloggers from these Sens beat reporters was disgusting - it wasn’t until Sens fans showed the hockey world we define those attached to the team and not the other way around - reporters, owners, managers now are defined by fan bases and by 2-3 local reporters who have all the Accès.

Sens fans put up billboards and every reporter said these guys are to crazy to deal with and we defined Garrioche, that other weirdo the Sun had who’s gone now thankfully, we defined Melnyck, that creepy assistant GM, Dorion, times have changed massively and for the better.
You mean Don Brennan? If I remember right, as soon as he pointed his articles at ownership and management he was shown the door. People who always joked about him where saying "That's it Donny, keep writing like that and not your usual." Then he was gone. Lol.

Reactions: Tuna99

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Mendes wasn’t a Sens fan and he thought lightly of the city and team and that reflected his early writing as a reporter trying to figure out this small town fanbase and it showed in his opinions.
so after Mendes was manager in Sens Communications, he left for Sportsnet and then thought lightly of the team, and that was reflected in his reporting. Hmmm, never noticed that.

Pretty sure when he started with Sportsnet he was just a sideline reporter, and Sens were a top team.

Reactions: Loach

SlyDawg

Feb 12, 2015
Carleton Place, ON
So what do we have for blogs now?
Silver Seven Sens - ok, different writers, fun
SensChirp - nothing here, gameday stuff
Steve Warne - empty, fluff pieces
Graeme Nichols - was good, hasn't wrote on his own spot since joining The Hockey News, new pieces seem a bit light.
Eyesonsens - great if you like poison
It's you karlsson years - great but limited content...like 3 times a year now.
The atheletic - guess we wait and see what happens there.
*sneaks in from years of dust, dust self off...grumbles about old bones and such*

This was enough for me to come out of hfboard retirement (such as it was, really..) to say this is so accurate. There is really little to no blogging on the Sens and the situation has gone towards more the Podcast. Which is fine, I guess, if that's the medium.

I remember writing a while back for Steve and enjoyed it for the year I did it. I stopped because I just kinda burnt out but I did enjoy the time I wrote. Sometimes, while I'm on Threads, I muse on the idea of restarting a blog. But I'm more of a generalist opinionated individual. There's way too many of those out there so i just..don't follow.

Ian going to the Senators is great/terrible. Great for him, he'll do fantastic. Terrible for a lot of people who enjoy the written medium as Ian was solely why I was subbed to The Athletic and I am now strongly reconsidering my sub with him gone.

But yeah, totally agree the "blog" portion is a bit...lackluster. I just stay on Threads and offer my opinions nowadays, and try to engage with the crowd. Not a 'huge' following but enough to keep me entertained.

I might try to show up a bit more often on here. I miss HFBoards.

But yeah. Very dry writing nowadays. Tough because so many people want different things from blogs and a lot of it is "agree with my idea or get out." Which makes it daunting for anyone to get into it.

But I do miss my writing days. I enjoyed writing for SWP. Really miss it.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
*sneaks in from years of dust, dust self off...grumbles about old bones and such*

This was enough for me to come out of hfboard retirement (such as it was, really..) to say this is so accurate. There is really little to no blogging on the Sens and the situation has gone towards more the Podcast. Which is fine, I guess, if that's the medium.

I remember writing a while back for Steve and enjoyed it for the year I did it. I stopped because I just kinda burnt out but I did enjoy the time I wrote. Sometimes, while I'm on Threads, I muse on the idea of restarting a blog. But I'm more of a generalist opinionated individual. There's way too many of those out there so i just..don't follow.

Ian going to the Senators is great/terrible. Great for him, he'll do fantastic. Terrible for a lot of people who enjoy the written medium as Ian was solely why I was subbed to The Athletic and I am now strongly reconsidering my sub with him gone.

But yeah, totally agree the "blog" portion is a bit...lackluster. I just stay on Threads and offer my opinions nowadays, and try to engage with the crowd. Not a 'huge' following but enough to keep me entertained.

I might try to show up a bit more often on here. I miss HFBoards.

But yeah. Very dry writing nowadays. Tough because so many people want different things from blogs and a lot of it is "agree with my idea or get out." Which makes it daunting for anyone to get into it.

But I do miss my writing days. I enjoyed writing for SWP. Really miss it.
I like reading all the different takes. Just read the ideas and think about them. See if it lines up with what I think or change what I see. Agree or you are a fool is very true these days. Same with podcasts. I save them up for when I have a long drive. Listen, agree or argue with the road. Lol. Nice to hear you enjoyed your time with Steve and thanks for the chat. Bunch of good people here. Strong thoughts abound!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
CIH Matt Carkner

Fun interview .. bad connection was a little frustrating. Good guy and he got Neiler in a prank.
Neiler is likely booking a flight to Orlando

Weird tried to post the url and it gets rendered in German with some sort of Youtube promotional mumbo

Last edited:

Loach

Jun 9, 2021

This guy is just brutal.

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

This guy is just brutal.
Yeah that was a very bad take all round.
Concluding with…

nothing I’ve seen seems better than the Dorion regime. All this has done for me is confirm that Andlauer has no idea what he’s doing when it comes to the team and is easily exploited by people who simply talk the talk. The best fans can hope for is that I’m wrong and everything works out.

This article was written by Peter Levi

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Concluding with…

nothing I’ve seen seems better than the Dorion regime. All this has done for me is confirm that Andlauer has no idea what he’s doing when it comes to the team and is easily exploited by people who simply talk the talk. The best fans can hope for is that I’m wrong and everything works out.

It's linked to a twitter. I don't have the twitter. Do you? Lol.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
Concluding with…

I'm left feeling okay because I feel the bolded is the most likely scenario.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

....and this is what has been happening over at SilverSeven without supervision. Lol

"In the short term, he doesn't fit an obvious organizational need."

He wrote the piece thinking he was a left-shot defenceman. If you don't know enough about a Yakemchuk to know he's a right-shot defenceman, then why should anybody care what you think about him?

Last edited:

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
"In the short term, he doesn't fit an obvious organizational need."

He wrote the piece thinking he was a left-shot defenceman. If you don't know enough about a Yakemchuk to know he's a right-shot defenceman, then why should anybody care what you think about him?
They used to be better than this. Shackles, Shreider and Maki left.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The Gaudreau’s passing is such a sad time, but looking back it was very weird and very aggressive how the media took down JG when he signed in Columbus. Sports media couldn’t handle an athlete without an ego just making a decision for himself - nothing to sell for the media because there was no ego involved and he went from small market to small market. Showed how much media relies on these massive egos to drive their summer sales and when there is no ego there they bully the athlete for no reason. Big ego and you get bad media, no ego and you get bad media.

In conclusion you will get bad media for no good reason just because the media has pre existing story lines like “small
Market to big market” and if you don’t actually fit one fo their storylines they get angry at you for not making it easy for them to write stories so the substitute is they spam you for no reason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad