GDT: Ottawa Senators at Colorado Snowslides| 9PM EST | TSN5, RDS1, ESPN+ | Must win situation™ - Late Night Edition

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
I seriously have to ask, where in god's green earth is this team going? It sure as hell is not forward!

This Team has no structure defensively and offensively.

You can always count on this Team to give up a goal when...
1. They tie the game
2. Gets a lead in the game
3. Last 5 minutes of the game

Every Team in the league knows that it is very easy to score a goal against This God's forsaken Team

Oh yah but moral victory eh?

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Lack of D depth hurting us again. Wonder what our W-L record is with and without Zub?

Actually, it's lack of depth in general, having Pinto last night would have stabilized our play too. This team needs close to 100% health to have a chance to compete. But that's just not going to happen in general, and especially when it comes to the Sens.

Positives:

a) Chabot had a great game. He's playing with a lot of confidence right now.

b) Giroux with another great game.

c) there is no c).
That "c" part is what is really hurting the team!

• Haha
Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Third goal cousins is puck watching and doesn’t toe up the ONE guy sitting in front of the net. (Cup winning vet).

Fourth goal mess up but the hamonic inexplicably concedes the front of the net to the puck carrier. (Vet).

That plus the fact our stars look like idiots out there…. No good

I seriously have to ask, where in god's green earth is this team going? It sure as hell is not forward!

1. They tie the game

Every Team in the league knows that it is very easy to score a goal against This God's forsaken Team

Last night there was no moral victory.

Friday yeah. Even New Jersey yeah.

Last night no.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
a +- of 0 is the definition of average since every goal for one team is a goal against for another. Average can't be anything but.

Worth noting, our opponents are collectively on pace for 97 pts, league average was 90 pts, so we weren't facing average opponents either.

I think we could be average at +2

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Average would be 16th in the league in terms of +-
We could be average at +2
If you want to go semantic go ahead but you know what I meant
No, 16th in the league would be the median (technically, the average +/- of 16th and 17th would be), average, or mean, is the total +/- of all teams divided by the number of teams which will always be zero, I guess our education system is failing us.

Beyond that, a goal differential of 0 is currently 13th best in the league (Florida, StL and Ottawa are all tied), so even base on your flawed definition, we are actually above average.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Lack of D depth hurting us again. Wonder what our W-L record is with and without Zub?

Actually, it's lack of depth in general, having Pinto last night would have stabilized our play too. This team needs close to 100% health to have a chance to compete. But that's just not going to happen in general, and especially when it comes to the Sens.

Positives:

a) Chabot had a great game. He's playing with a lot of confidence right now.

b) Giroux with another great game.

c) there is no c).

Chabot and Jensen are starting to figure it out. It’s great to see.

It’s pretty clear to me that we should be pairing Jake with JBD. Hamonic is a warrior and should be on the roster (I can’t believe I said that) but he can’t play those kinds of minutes.

I still think our D is too small and soft.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Average would be 16th in the league in terms of +-
We could be average at +2
If you want to go semantic go ahead but you know what I meant
To be fair, the teams ahead of the Sens by a point with more games played are:
Sabres -1
Leafs -2
Wings -3
Habs -6
Bruins -5

Sens are 2nd in the Atlantic, and 13th in the league in goal differential through the very early games

Reactions: Alex1234

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
No, 16th in the league would be the median (technically, the average +/- of 16th and 17th would be), average, or mean, is the total +/- of all teams divided by the number of teams which will always be zero, I guess our education system is failing us.

Beyond that, a goal differential of 0 is currently 13th best in the league (Florida, StL and Ottawa are all tied), so even base on your flawed definition, we are actually above average.
Above median you mean?

The league put us at 24th for what its worth

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Above median you mean?

The league put us at 24th for what its worth
Can you explain what you mean by the league put us? Because the facts are the facts, we're tied for 13th in goal Differential,

Rk
GF
GA
Goal Diff
36​
16​
20​
34​
16​
18​
42​
28​
14​
28​
17​
11​
29​
20​
9​
31​
24​
7​
23​
16​
7​
44​
39​
5​
26​
21​
5​
28​
24​
4​
24​
20​
4​
27​
24​
3​
33​
33​
0​
26​
26​
0​
30​
30​
0​
28​
29​
-1​
27​
28​
-1​
30​
31​
-1​
34​
36​
-2​
26​
28​
-2​
25​
28​
-3​
20​
24​
-4​
27​
32​
-5​
27​
32​
-5​
18​
24​
-6​
25​
32​
-7​
21​
28​
-7​
21​
29​
-8​
22​
31​
-9​
30​
42​
-12​
26​
40​
-14​
18​
38​
-20​

Reactions: Cosmix

headup

Apr 7, 2008

1. They tie the game

The core is broken. The quicker we acknowledge this the quicker we can get started on a rebuild. It was shitty when we were stuck in mediocrity but now this is much worse. We’re stuck with a super low end top 6 that can barely maintain control of the puck. Watch how clueless every line is. It’s sad that this is an nhl club. We can see defensively the goalie was only a small part of the issue as Ullmark has looked like every other goalie.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

Look at stutzle here lmfao. Just like pulled to that puck by some unseen force.

I don't see what Stutzle did wrong. A lot of teams overload the puck carrier when they're on the wall to force a bad pass or a turnover. He then chased the guy at the blueline and forced him on to his backhand. It's pretty much what you want from your high forward.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The core is broken. The quicker we acknowledge this the quicker we can get started on a rebuild. It was shitty when we were stuck in mediocrity but now this is much worse. We’re stuck with a super low end top 6 that can barely maintain control of the puck. Watch how clueless every line is. It’s sad that this is an nhl club. We can see defensively the goalie was only a small part of the issue as Ullmark has looked like every other goalie.
Defensively we’ve had two bad games of the 8.

Last night was atrocious. Maybe it was an outlier.

I agree that the top 6 is probably just too low and for us to go anywhere

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't see what Stutzle did wrong. A lot of teams overload the puck carrier when they're on the wall to force a bad pass or a turnover. He then chased the guy at the blueline and forced him on to his backhand. It's pretty much what you want from your high forward.
The only really concerning thing there is a backhand by Manson made it through, maybe it went off someone, I couldn't tell.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
The only really concerning thing there is a backhand by Manson made it through, maybe it went off someone, I couldn't tell.
Yeah, exactly.

I don't know how you watch a guy throw a backhand from 40ft out, watch it go in and say "look at what Stutzle did!!!!" Clearly, there's a problem with how the goal went in and not how a guy managed to get a shitty backhander off from way way out.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yeah there was really nothing wrong there with Stutzle, maybe a wide cut swinging back to the D

Reactions: Micklebot

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He has his guy. There are time to pressure. Leaving your man wide open for the easy flip the middle of the ice is not that time.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
He has his guy. There are time to pressure. Leaving your man wide open for the easy flip the middle of the ice is not that time.
Mittlestadt was facing the blueline, on the wall, on his forehand and with Chabot cutting off the bottom half of the ice. Pressuring him is the right play and if you watch the replay, Stutzle is within an inch of deflecting the puck out of the zone.

All that is completely besides the point of how a shitty 40ft backhand finds its way into the net...

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I don’t know that the core is broken, but they all have a lot of the same strengths and the same weaknesses.

Sens only really beat teams by outskilling them. You can’t do that with the Avs and then there’s not much left. Some nights to beat the best teams you need to have a PK that can stifle their PP, or a defensive pairing that can shutdown or at least limit the skilled guys, or a goalie that makes the saves at the key times (think they will be fine here this season though). We lack that and have for a long time.

IMO they have played better this year so far and this has been a tough schedule so I’m not overly worried. But some of the same issues are present.

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Middlestaft has no where to go with the puck until stutzle charges in.

I'd rather Middlestadt be pressured and have to give it up to a defenceman on their back hand than be left alone to do real damage.

There's nothing wrong with what Stutzle did there. You just don't like him for some reason.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'd rather Middlestadt be pressured and have to give it up to a defenceman on their back hand than be left alone to do real damage.

There's nothing wrong with what Stutzle did there. You just don't like him for some reason.
9 times out of 10 in that situation, a Dman in Manson's position would have passed it d to d rather than take that shot, since it's a nothing shot that you'd never expect to amount to anything..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad