Player Discussion Jake Evans (Part II)

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
That’s the ultimate question - how do HuGo evaluate Evans? 4th or 3rd liner who is entering his prime?

Evans is presently C the 3rd line w Anderson & Gallagher.. and without a doubt is developing into a very effective PK / late game asset which means he’s highly valued by MSL

I’d venture a guess that HuGo extend Evans
In TOI at 5v5, Evans's line is currently the 2nd line.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Yeah even before the goals this weekend
Been one of our better players this year
Proud of him

+ he's a Center
Kirby dying on face offs again and playing Wing temporarily
And who knows WHAT the HELL Dvoraks doing out there on the ice if he sucks at face offs now

So we're obviously thin, and after we kick out Dvo we're thinner
So yeah dont think Evans is going anywhere anytime soon
4 years x 2.75 incoming

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
With Dvorak on his way out it would be wise to try and sign Jake Evans to a sensible contract. The issue is that in the pipeline you have Kapanen and Beck knocking on the door, both of whom may not be top 6 players.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
With Dvorak on his way out it would be wise to try and sign Jake Evans to a sensible contract. The issue is that in the pipeline you have Kapanen and Beck knocking on the door, both of whom may not be top 6 players.
I'm not overly impressed with Kapanen thus far.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'm not overly impressed with Kapanen thus far.
He shows flashes. He played primarily on larger rinks, he is new to NA, I see alot of good things so far. Personally I would rather have him in Sweden playing 20 minutes a night and hopefully that happens soon.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I don't think Evans looks a anything under $2.5M and under $3M I think he is safe to try free agency. Now at $3M with a bit of term maybe we get there.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I don't see us signing him. I think he will be dealt at the deadline for a good return.

Too many young guys pushing.
I have a hard time believing the management is just going to keep replacing expiring contracts with rookies. It's a recipe for not climbing out of the basement for a very long time.

Evans might not be the one we sign, but replacing half of our center line with the likes of Kapanen and Beck is certainly not an indication of playoff aspirations for next season, especially if there are still some lingering questions about Dach's ability to lead the 2nd line.

The state of our defense group, consisting of so many inexperienced players, should provide a hint here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad