GDT: Ottawa Senators at Chicago Blackhawks - 3PM - TSN5/TVAS - The Dynamic Zuo™ Return Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
I thought last year was frustrating, but this year is even more abysmal. Mrazek was amazing but that seems to be the deal with most of the opposing goalies we face. We had a ton of grade A opportunities but failed to connect.

Korpi needs to have that second goal, that was a killer since we outplayed them in the middle frame. Doubt he would have fared much better, but Forsberg needs to start next game.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

2-2 game 2 minutes to go... neutral zone turn over.. Which was just lackadaisical play ... then

1. Watch the back pressure from Batherson and Norris.
2. This goes from a 1 hawk on 2 Sens when the initial shot is made.... A nothing shot a huge rebound....
3 Now its a 1 on 3 on who wants the puck ...they win.

Maddening .. This is freaking unacceptable desire to prevent that goal

Reactions: chipsens

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Why are people so mad that we lose? I mean we're not making the playoffs.

They worked but as it's as often been the case, not always correctly. They didn't get beat, they found a way to lose

Mrazek WON that one but Sens could have still won with a more "clean" game.

What is not working is the lines, Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson shouldn't be together

I don't understand why what was working got changed, so many other combinations than the current ones were working better

One thing for sure, this team is not clutch, trade Kubalik, buy out Hamonic, trade Tarasenko, Chychrun and then go from there. Trade Brannstrom at the draft, bring in some guys who will complement others more. They really need more physicality and muscle, this team is too soft as a whole... which is crazy considering what Dorion was trying to do.

I know current whipping boys are Chabot and Norris . I'm not against trading them but in Norris' case value is at its lowest and could still rebound nicely next season. Chabot is that finesse type that gets underappreciated, exactly ala Spezza. But I'm still convinced this would be a case of Zibanejad, Duchene and whoever else ended up being more successful somewhere else. Unless the trade return would be ideal but in reality, it doesn't happen often.

Last edited:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

2-2 game 2 minutes to go... neutral zone turn over.. Which was just lackadaisical play ... then

1. Watch the back pressure from Batherson and Norris.
2. This goes from a 1 hawk on 2 Sens when the initial shot is made.... A nothing shot a huge rebound....
3 Now its a 1 on 3 on who wants the puck ...they win.

Maddening .. This is freaking unacceptable desire to prevent that goal

Dat fat rebound tho...

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
We do not have a core to win in this league going forward.

Our most consistent and possibly best forward is 36 years old.

We need to move out a couple of these princesses.
I'm convinced injuries have played a role. Norris and Batherson were not playing like that prior to their injuries. The $8M + $6M question though is whether they can ever get back to playing like they used to.

Reactions: NB613

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
It really sucks because we could have kinda re-entered the playoff race had we beat the Ducks and the 'Hawks, but once again the team disappoints us again. I feel for Giroux. He deserves better.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'm convinced injuries have played a role. Norris and Batherson were not playing like that prior to their injuries. The $8M + $6M question though is whether they can ever get back to playing like they used to.
how much time do you give them is a question that needs to be answered

Reactions: DrEasy

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
It really sucks because we could have kinda re-entered the playoff race had we beat the Ducks and the 'Hawks, but once again the team disappoints us again. I feel for Giroux. He deserves better.
Does G have NMC? Would he go? We are in it for Celebrini now.
Also Tarasenko. Too good for the tank

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Why are people so mad that we lose? I mean we're not making the playoffs.

They worked but as it's as often been the case, not always correctly. They didn't get beat, they found a way to lose

Mrazek lost that one but they could have still won with a more "clean" game.

What is not working is the lines, Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson shouldn't be together

I don't understand what was working got changed, so many other combinations than the current ones were working better

One thing for sure, this team is not clutch, trade Kubalik, buy out Hamonic, trade Tarasenko, Chychrun and then go from there. Trade Brannstrom bring in some guy sthat will complement everyone more. They really need more physicality and muscle, this team is too soft as a whole... which is crazy considering what Dorion was trying to do.

I know current whipping boys are Chabot and Norris . I'm not against trading them but in Norris' case value is at its lowest and could still rebound nicely next season. Chabot is that finesse type that gets underappreciated, exactly ala Spezza. But I'm still convinced this would be a case of Zibanejad, Duchene and whoever else ended up being more successful somewhere else. Unless the trade return would be ideal but in reality, it doesn't happen often.
I honestly don't know what part of Chabots game I appreciate other than maybe him moving the puck up ice.

His shot is not a threat.
He is not a good defender.
His decision making is subpar.
He's not physical.
He has no extra gear and I'm not comfortable waiting for the playoffs to see if he magically has it then

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Not “we”. Pierre Morion

Mrazek always kills us. Iirc
Yessss, "Morion" is catching on!

1708212742715.png

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Does G have NMC? Would he go? We are in it for Celebrini now.
Also Tarasenko. Too good for the tank

Not too sure if he has a NMC, I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted out. He's done everything he could.

I suppose the only thing we have to look forward to the rest of the year, aside from the draft is seeing another playoff disappointment from the Leafs. Sad times.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Here's a fun table of guys with 25+ starts:

NameTeamShots Against per 60Save Percentage
BlackwoodSan Jose34.6.899
Ilya SorokinNew York Islanders34.4.911
MerzlikinsColumbus33.5.904
MontembeaultMontreal33.0.903
MrazekChicago32.8.911
BinningtonSt Louis31.8.909
IngramArizona31.6.912
UllmarkBoston31.2.914
GustavssonMinnesota31.0.897
SarosNashville30.8.901
OettingerDallas30.7.904
GibsonAnaheim30.6.903
SwaymanBoston30.2.921
KorpisaloOttawa30.1.887
DaccordSeattle30.1.923

We need to start trying someone, anyone. There are some teams that suck just like us on this list so it's not all "oh they're just better defensively and they are perimeter shots". Their goaltender isn't a .887 goalie.

Reactions: dingbatz and NB613

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
They say Giroux is the most competitive player on the team. Losing is never fun he may reconsider and ask for a trade for a chance to get his name on the cup! The next few weeks should be interesting...

Reactions: Alex1234

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
What is the value of Chabot around the league?
Chabot is useless

I honestly don't know what part of Chabots game I appreciate other than maybe him moving the puck up ice.

His shot is not a threat.
He is not a good defender.
His decision making is subpar.
He's not physical.
He has no extra gear and I'm not comfortable waiting for the playoffs to see if he magically has it then

Trade Chabot asap.
Sheesh. This is getting tiring. Worst game of the year but no need to catastrophize.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Definitely starting to come around with some major changes needing to be made to the core. There's a real lack of poise and effort when push comes to shove and if that means shipping one or two guys in the top 6 and Chabot, then so be it.

Obviously goaltending also needs a change as mentioned previously, as no changes up front will matter if the guy in net almost always plays like a call up.

Sheesh. This is getting tiring. Worst game of the year but no need to catastrophize.

Chabot has been bad for the last two seasons, and he doesn't show any sign of improvement. This isn't a reactionary thing.

Reactions: ChurchOfAlfie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad