GDT: Ottawa Senators at Chicago Blackhawks - 3PM - TSN5/TVAS - The Dynamic Zuo™ Return Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I don’t think it’s negative.. GM something overpay for a ‘’Top D’’ Seth Jones and Rasmus Ristolainen just to name a few example.
Jones is a way better player than Chabot and plays a much more valuable position. Chicago says no to that deal 10 times out of 10.

Reactions: Alex1234

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Should be absolutely roasted in the video room.
Many opportunities over many games.
I get Greig will hit a wall some games but he was playing well centering T7 and G when they slotted Norris back in there.
Maybe they are trying to get him going , maybe they are trying to see who he is... No idea why they haven't moved him back in the lineup even just to give him a kick in the ass.

Reactions: scout20

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
If take both over him in a second and it's not even close.
Same. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like Chabot. He is awful defensively and soft. Also his reaction is way too slow, always 1-2 seconds too late and he’s always out of position.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I'd like to wish Steve Staios good luck with trying to fix the team's goaltending woes.

I've defended Korpi seeing as there was very little structure on the team in their zone for the first three months of the season, but he's apparently unable to win any games unless we play a perfect game in front of him.

No choice but to find someone else for next season if they want to make the playoffs.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Giroux is going to tell them its unacceptable and as good as you think you might have played its not good enough and you have more to give.

I don't care if you have to stick the puck in your mouth and dive headfirst in the net to get it done. Get it done.

AND

You simply cannot allow that goal in the last 2 minutes of the game... FN puck watchers .

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I don’t think they cheat. They just aren’t very good and make decisions at a snails pace
Avoiding any kind of contact and dirty areas is cheating.

Norris as a C should support way better than he does, that’s also cheating. He’s leaving the zone while we barely even have possession.

He used to be decent on the trackback, that’s now optional.

But yeah, I think they both are overrated, I never really liked Chabot and Norris, always preferred Pinto and said he’d be a better player. Maybe not as many stats but thats the kind of players you win with. I can only imagine Chabot in the playoffs.

f*** I even miss the days of Methot and Phaneuf, Volchenkov

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I was at the game, holy f*** what a miserable time.

I mean, they largely dominated the game, but as always a few defensive mistakes costs them big time seeing as we don't have the kind of goaltending that can save their ass once in a while. Otherwise how was this a miserable game to be at live?

Norris as a C should support way better than he does, that’s also cheating. He’s leaving the zone while we barely even have possession.

But yeah, I think they both are overrated, I never really liked Chabot and Norris, always preferred Pinto and said he’d be a better player. Maybe not as many stats but thats the kind of players you win with. I can only imagine Chabot in the playoffs.

Norris has been outright ghostly this season, with or without the puck. He's playing like a borderline NHLer with a heck of a shot(usually).

Reactions: K1900L and Rodzilla

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Same. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like Chabot. He is awful defensively and soft. Also his reaction is way too slow, always 1-2 seconds too late and he’s always out of position.
Honestly looks like he’s playing at the outdoor rink it actually makes me angry

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Lots of players aren’t physical and yet play very well.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
I mean, they largely dominated the game, but as always a few defensive mistakes costs them big time seeing as we don't have the kind of goaltending that can save their ass once in a while. Otherwise how was this a miserable game to be at live?
A 50min journey on the L train to lose to the worst team in the league is not what I’d call fun.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Kasty 7 seconds in the 3rd
Kubalik 16 seconds
Kelly 2:17

Jacques misses Charts.

Waive Kubalik; Bring up Chartier; If you can move Kastelic; Bring up MacEwen

Last edited:

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Okay the Tkachuk line and Chabot were puck watching on that third goal. What a horrific rebound to give up by our goalie.

I'm so tired of so many people looking for every other possible excuse. Korpisalo should not be starting another game for us. Start calling goalies up until we find one. We've essentially wasted a season. We played horrible in front of him like Columbus did? He sucks. We play structured hockey in front of him? He sucks.

Lets see if anyone in this organization can tend the goal. It sure as shit isn't Korpisalo. And LOL at that icing call and then you flip the Edmonton game and Dallas gets the softest cupcake icing call ever to their benefit within the last 2 minutes of their third period. Giroux was right to chew out that stupid f***ing official over it.

Reactions: Alex1234

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad