Proposal: Ottawa-Nashville

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Jacob Bernand-Docker and a mid round pick for Dante Fabbro?

I see that Nashville is currently a little above the max cap space on their roster with 22 players. Ottawa has almost 2 mill in cap space with 21 players. In this trade, Ottawa gets an upgrade on the bottom pair RHD, while Nashville gets some cap relief.

Nashville needs to upgrade our defense, not trade Josi's partner to lose cap. While I could see Fabbro available, it would have to make sense for us. More likely Cody Glass would be available, IMO.

vipera1960

Aug 1, 2007
Nashville needs to upgrade our defense, not trade Josi's partner to lose cap. While I could see Fabbro available, it would have to make sense for us. More likely Cody Glass would be available, IMO.
I think Glass is going to Anaheim to make the cap room. That said, the team seems to have lost faith in Fabbro and I could see him moved in a deal like this.

Reactions: triggrman

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Sure, why not.

Don't know the first thing about Bernard-Docker, but considering our coaching staff dislikes Fabbro and this deal also provides us some cap relief, count me in.

Might as well. We can use a cheaper RD like JBD back. Fabbro is better than the Preds are letting him be atm, he should still at least have a wee bit of positive value.

As much as it would be preferable to move Cody Glass, I'm assuming the Preds can't even give Glass away for free anymore, and I'd rather not have to pay a team to take him at negative value. So trading Fabbro instead makes sense.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
21-man roster
Hamonic as the spare
Gregor-Opstapchuk-MacEwen 4th line

Sens would have just under 165k left after this deal. It's tight but doable. Kleven-Fabbro could be a decent 3rd pair.

Last edited:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Big yes for the Senators. At this point in time Fabbro is probably better than any of the UFA options remaining and JBD/Hamonic simply isn't going to cut it next to Kleven on the bottom pair. The money would be tight and wouldn't leave room for any additions on the 4th line but I'd much rather round out the defence as Jensen wasn't as big of an addition as Sens fans would have liked on the 2nd pair.

A RHD group of Zub, Jensen, Fabbro is passable and easily the best group of RD's the Sens have had since the Karlsson trade.

Reactions: SenatorsLegionary

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
This actually works, it’s only 1.4 additional. I like the proposal.
It leaves 2.2 million to sign 2 players, and leaves nothing for non LTIR injuries.

I’d prefer not to run like last year, with zero cap space.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
It leaves 2.2 million to sign 2 players, and leaves nothing for non LTIR injuries.

I’d prefer not to run like last year, with zero cap space.
They need an upgrade on D this deal actually makes sense. Ostapchuk is gonna make.thw team that leaves them with 1.2 million and a 21 man roster. I'd sign Cousins too and send down macewen.

Bjornar Moxnes

Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Big yes for the Senators. At this point in time Fabbro is probably better than any of the UFA options remaining and JBD/Hamonic simply isn't going to cut it next to Kleven on the bottom pair. The money would be tight and wouldn't leave room for any additions on the 4th line but I'd much rather round out the defence as Jensen wasn't as big of an addition as Sens fans would have liked on the 2nd pair.

A RHD group of Zub, Jensen, Fabbro is passable and easily the best group of RD's the Sens have had since the Karlsson trade.
Zub-Jensen-Fabbro would be better than both Florida and Edmonton's RHD during the finals lmao.

Reactions: stempniaksen

Maraz

Jan 25, 2015
If JBD is good enought to be Nashville's 6-7 Dmen then he should be good enough to be Ottawa's as well.

I like Fabbro, but Sens probably can't afford him anyway.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
If JBD is good enought to be Nashville's 6-7 Dmen then he should be good enough to be Ottawa's as well.

I like Fabbro, but Sens probably can't afford him anyway.
The issue is on Ottawa we would be pairing him with another unexperienced dman

On Nashville no matter which ld he would get paired with it would be an experienced dman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad