Proposal: Ottawa/Boston/Philly in a hot three-way

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Ottawa out: pick #7, pick #112, Erik Brannstrom, Josh Norris
Ottawa in: pick #31/32, Linus Ullmark, Morgan Geekie, Scott Laughton

Philly out: pick #12, pick #31/32, Scott Laughton
Philly in: pick #7, pick #112, Erik Brannstrom

Boston out: Linus Ullmark, Morgan Geekie
Boston in: pick #12, Josh Norris

Ottawa gets a goalie and some veteran depth, Philly moves up to get whoever they want at 7 and a depth defenseman, Boston lands a high pick and a potential quality C. If the Bruins were willing to do PLD for Ullmark then why not Norris?
Maybe it's just me but when I see "hot three way" in the title I expected something a little more exciting.:eek3::naughty:

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
Norris just means LTIR money at the trade deadline if he's healthy come playoffs. Ottawa has 4 capable centre's in thier top 9 even if he's out. Another thing people are forgetting is Norris and Tkachuk have been friends since 2014 so it's in thier best interest to keep him if thier captain wants it that way. Ottawa just needs to actually make the playoffs to weaponize his constant LTIR stints.

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
So does Philly take Korpisalo at 75% retained ($1,500,000 / year for four more years)?
No. They have 2 NHL goalies and an overpaid Diet Jack Campbell making a lot of money to be an AHL goalie until next summer.

The only teams I could see possibly taking on a Korpisalo dump would be BUF, FLA, TOR, WAS, COL, DAL, NAS or WPG. A lot of those are unlikely but theoretically possible. Then there's other teams where you'd have to move Korpisalo plus for a more moveable goalie like Husso, Lindgren, Gustavsson, Vejmelka, Gibson, Vladar, Vanecek, and then move the new goalie you just acquired in a separate trade for a forward or defenseman.

It's basically really really hard to move Korpisalo, even at $3m cap hit instead of $4m, due to the 4 year term. It's a small miracle that Ottawa was able to do it. Good luck to Boston dealing with that.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Flyers goalies for October are Ersson and Fedotov (and Petersen on waivers in AHL for one year).

If Ersson and Fedotov aren't cutting it, then sure, Briere could re-evaluate halfway through the season. It seems from all indications that Flyers are comfortable starting the season with what they have now, though. Whether that's smart or not smart, that's a different question. Luckily for Briere, both Ersson and Fedotov have contracts that seem at least somewhat moveable, if the need arises.
Ok, I would not call this comfortable... both could not stop a beach ball in the end of the season.

We better bring someone that will replace Walker and give these goalies a chance.

Last edited:

lanceuppercut75

Feb 20, 2016
Toronto area
Ok, I would not call this comfortable... both could not stop a beach ball in the end of the season.

We better bring someone that will replace Walker and give these goalies a chance.
As a fan of NHL ice hockey, I agree with you. It doesn't matter what we think though. If Flyers management is comfortable, then they're comfortable. If we think they're idiots for feeling that way, it doesn't change how they feel or what moves they're going to make.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
COUNTER-OFFER

to Boston Bruins

Sean Couturier (6y @ $7.75m)
Travis Hamonic (1y @ $1.10m)
Frederic Zamula ( RFA )
CAP CHANGE = open approx $0.4m cap

to Philadelphia Flyers
Trent Frederic (1y @ $2.30m)
Jakob Chychrun (1y @ $4.60m)
Mathieu Joseph (2y @ $2.95m)
CAP CHANGE = add approx $1.2m cap

to Ottawa Senators
Linus Ullmark (1y @ $5.00m)
Andrew Peeke (2y @ 2.75m)
CAP CHANGE = open $0.9m in cap

BOS POV = Ullmark Frederic Peeke for Couturier Zamula Hamonic
PHI POV = Couturier Zamula for Chychrun Frederic Joseph
OTT POV = Chychrun Joseph Hamonic for Ullmark Peeke

I feel like the value might be a little bit off but close. Maybe we could add like a draft pick or two in there somewhere and make it sing a little more harmoniously.

Ottawa tells Hamonic they're buying him out. Advises him to waive for Boston, who will either let him play buy him out if either Boston or Hamonic wants a buyout.

Ottawa then trades Anton Forsberg (50% retained) + 6th for 7th rounder to one of BUF FLA WAS NAS WPG CGY VAN. Boston and Philly are the wrong teams to trade with if you're trying to get them to take a goalie back in a trade.

Boston was rumoured to want to take a chance on Dubois at the deadline. If Dubois and his baggage interested them, I can't see why Couturier wouldn't interest them as well.

Philadelphia probably has too many top 9 wingers now, with Mitchkov coming over and Frederic being added. One or two of Konecny, Atkinson, or maybe even Frederic who just came in could be moved out for pick(s) / prospect(s). I would guess Philly would prefer to play Frederic at center instead of trading him right away, but it's an option. Frederic's contract is desirable for other teams.

The Flyers desperately need a 1st/2nd line center, so we trade away the closest thing we have to one right now?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad