Ottawa 67s 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
@OMG67 I'd put a 100$ on Mews not making it through the season as a 67 :cool:

LOL.

That’s not a bet I think I’d take!

I’m on the fence for that one. I really think Brantford is the landing spot for a few reasons but I know you had mentioned Kingston.

I don’t think Boyd wants to trade him but I also think he is going through the motions right now with little effort. So, sooner or later that will need to be addressed.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
LOL.

That’s not a bet I think I’d take!

I’m on the fence for that one. I really think Brantford is the landing spot for a few reasons but I know you had mentioned Kingston.

I don’t think Boyd wants to trade him but I also think he is going through the motions right now with little effort. So, sooner or later that will need to be addressed.
I can't say that it will be Kingston but his agent is working hard to get him out regardless of the picture a few want to paint about him not wanting out.
Probably is a deadline move.

Reactions: OMG67

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
I agree, Mews is just going through the motions right now and needs to move on. He is only hurting himself by not being truly engaged and he has already had a major bump with his career being dropped to the 3rd round in the NHL draft.

He might as well play forward now as he is always up ice and causes a lot of 2 on 1s. Does he really want to be a hockey player, if so he better show effort and dedication so Calgary will really show a lot of interest. He seems to have some tools but he has to improve his overall game.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I agree, Mews is just going through the motions right now and needs to move on. He is only hurting himself by not being truly engaged and he has already had a major bump with his career being dropped to the 3rd round in the NHL draft.

He might as well play forward now as he is always up ice and causes a lot of 2 on 1s. Does he really want to be a hockey player, if so he better show effort and dedication so Calgary will really show a lot of interest. He seems to have some tools but he has to improve his overall game.

In the past I had compared Mews to Brendan Bell. All the tools, no tool box. Both seem somewhat selfish and lack coach-ability.

But, how many players wanting out while pointing at the coach do you need before you actually start looking at the coach? I think we may be getting to that point in time. I think Norm Milley has been patient. Maybe it is time for the 67’s to make that switch this next offseason. Cameron is 66 years old. Not deathly old but he’s had a pretty good hockey career. Maybe some new blood with Milley is what we need? No disrespect meant either but there always comes a time where your message starts to get lost. We may be at that point in time. It happened with HHOF Kilrea, so it is not disrespectful to point to that possibility.

I think Boyd has charted a path this season and should follow through with it. I wouldn’t move DC out during the season. I don’t think that would make any real difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad