Ottawa 67s 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

gadder

Oct 15, 2023
Hmmm... hope this is not a prelude for this team. We looked decent for about a period, then ran into penalty trouble. Someone said 'our veterans need to lead': yeah but not with penalties
- No Nelson, no Korbler. Rumor has flu is rampant.
- 1st line was our best players: Eckberg, Foster, Pinneli. Alas: no sudden flashes of chemistry (ala Locke/Foy/Shepherd) . Maybe give it time.
- I thought Mayich was our orneriest player and I like him that way. Keep jawing at the opposition, keep smashing 'em.

Reactions: NoQuit67s

Vector Calculus

Sep 20, 2024
Hmmm... hope this is not a prelude for this team. We looked decent for about a period, then ran into penalty trouble. Someone said 'our veterans need to lead': yeah but not with penalties
- No Nelson, no Korbler. Rumor has flu is rampant.
- 1st line was our best players: Eckberg, Foster, Pinneli. Alas: no sudden flashes of chemistry (ala Locke/Foy/Shepherd) . Maybe give it time.
- I thought Mayich was our orneriest player and I like him that way. Keep jawing at the opposition, keep smashing 'em.
We looked good for half the game and then got drawn into taking selfish penalties. It was downhill from Foster’s cross-check; he ate a half dozen in the corner and I understand the team wanting a call or being upset, but his retaliation in front of the benches in open ice away from the puck was such a boneheaded move. It was the same at the end of the period where Foster took a late shot and Peneilli retaliated, leading us to start the third period shorthanded. They may be our two best forwards…but they put us down tonight and it turned the game on us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad