Ottawa 67s 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

44 95 plus tax

Oct 6, 2009
Looks like Stonehouse is currently in Ottawa. Since he would be at the stage where he is getting ready for a return (no contact - shoulder rehab), if he were going to be assigned to the ECHL or AHL, he’d likely be whether he is going to be reassigned. Since he is in Ottawa, it points to him being reassigned to Ottawa once he is ready to play.
I saw him at the game on Saturday.

Reactions: frontsfan67

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Can confirm Stonehouse returned last Wednesday.Although he’s not technically supposed to be cleared to play until Nov 1 against Guelph he is feeling 100% and passing all tests could be back sooner.
Wow sounds like he'll be back way sooner than expected. Good for him as will be able to get back to speed earlier. From the 67's perspective it gives them options to trade whoever has the greatest value at deadline ( or hopefully before). If we can get good assets for one or even two OA's and maybe Pinelli it will help to set up the future. I agree with OMG though that Sirman might be out of luck sooner than expected. Too bad good kid.

SidSixpointSeven

Nov 1, 2019
What do you mean didn’t have a chance? Did you stop watching the game after the first?

There is 3 periods to watch and OT. Fronts outshot them after the first and Nelson played real well. Kingston guy got tripped up on OT and no call (probably because they already waved off 1 goal) and then Ottawa scored the winner.

As I said and I’ll say it again. It was back and forth with the exception of the first period but even after the first you were only leading by 1 goal lol.
Not sure what game Hinterland was watching, but I would agree that while Ottawa seemed to dominate the first period, Kingston was much better in the second and third and actually controlled much of the play for long stretches in both those periods. They also had puck possession for most of overtime as Ottawa couldn't win a faceoff to save their lives. Overall, this was an entertaining and pretty even game that either team could have easily won.

Reactions: frontsfan67

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Wow sounds like he'll be back way sooner than expected. Good for him as will be able to get back to speed earlier. From the 67's perspective it gives them options to trade whoever has the greatest value at deadline ( or hopefully before). If we can get good assets for one or even two OA's and maybe Pinelli it will help to set up the future. I agree with OMG though that Sirman might be out of luck sooner than expected. Too bad good kid.
My concern is that we are really not giving Conway any chance to develop his skills in game situationby continually bringing him up and siting him on the bench.

Really the only players that might have any value adn it would be strictly picks are Stonehouse and mayich and Stonehouse.

Gerrior has no real value and neither does MacK.

The sooner we get the team down to 3 OA the sooner we can get real stability on the team. It must be hell for the OA's because thy really donot know what they are gong to be doing after Christmas and or the deadline to get down to 3.

Reactions: Hinterland

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Does barlas get an extra year on his uni if he plays next year or is the deal done.
Basically how it works is if a player plays one game in the first half, they get one semester tuition paid. If they play one game int he second half, they get a second semester tuition paid.

Players with Gold Scholarships get full expenses paid.

All first round picks get Gold Package Scholarships.

The Standard Player Agreement if for their 16 to 19 year old seasons. OA’s typically renegotiate their contracts where necessary.

I can’t see a reason why any OHL team wouldn’t provide an upgraded package or maintain the existing Gold Package for their OA’s. Typically OA’s play an impactful role on your team otherwise why bring them back as an OA? But, how many players need FIVE years of scholarship? I am not too sure it matters in Barlas’ situation. As soon as he steps on the ice in January, he will have qualified for a full four year scholarship.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
My concern is that we are really not giving Conway any chance to develop his skills in game situationby continually bringing him up and siting him on the bench.

Really the only players that might have any value adn it would be strictly picks are Stonehouse and mayich and Stonehouse.

The sooner we get the team down to 3 OA the sooner we can get real stability on the team. It must be hell for the OA's because thy really donot know what they are gong to be doing after Christmas and or the deadline to get down to 3.
Well, for Sirman the writing is very much on the wall but I agree that the future of the other overagers is very much up in the air.

Personally, I have to say that I don't see Mayich go anywhere anytime soon. He's the ideal partner for Eshkawkogan and especially now with Dietsch unavailable, Mayich would just be impossible to replace. I feel like quite a lot of other movement would be needed for Mayich to get traded. It would have to be forced by other trades or Dietsch returning mighty strong. Rather unlikely I'd say.

Reactions: OMG67

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Basically how it works is if a player plays one game in the first half, they get one semester tuition paid. If they play one game int he second half, they get a second semester tuition paid.

Players with Gold Scholarships get full expenses paid.

All first round picks get Gold Package Scholarships.

The Standard Player Agreement if for their 16 to 19 year old seasons. OA’s typically renegotiate their contracts where necessary.

I can’t see a reason why any OHL team wouldn’t provide an upgraded package or maintain the existing Gold Package for their OA’s. Typically OA’s play an impactful role on your team otherwise why bring them back as an OA? But, how many players need FIVE years of scholarship? I am not too sure it matters in Barlas’ situation. As soon as he steps on the ice in January, he will have qualified for a full four year scholarship.
My question was based on wondering if it make sense for Barlas to come back as OA versus starting his university career

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Well, for Sirman the writing is very much on the wall but I agree that the future of the other overagers is very much up in the air.

Personally, I have to say that I don't see Mayich go anywhere anytime soon. He's the ideal partner for Eshkawkogan and especially now with Dietsch unavailable, Mayich would just be impossible to replace. I feel like quite a lot of other movement would be needed for Mayich to get traded. It would have to be forced by other trades or Dietsch returning mighty strong. Rather unlikely I'd say.
I think the best scenario is keeping Mayich and Mack Then it is a choice do you keep Gerrior or Stonehouse.

I think that comes down to does anyone want stonehouse. We know the market for Gerrior is almost nil

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
My question was based on wondering if it make sense for Barlas to come back as OA versus starting his university career

I’m not sure what kind of a student he is and what kind of program he wants to enrol in.

I think the best scenario is keeping Mayich and Mack Then it is a choice do you keep Gerrior or Stonehouse.

I think that comes down to does anyone want stonehouse. We know the market for Gerrior is almost nil

I think this is the way I lean as well. However, there is still that rumour about MacK being on the move to Flint so if there is any validity to that, Boyd may not feel the same way. The team does need scoring so the possibility does exist that they want to keep the two forwards. Or, maybe they keep all four through to the deadline and see where the team stands and then Boyd makes a decision from there. Who knows? They could be back int he pack and there is solid interest in Mayich, MacK, and Stonehouse! Who knows what Boyd would do? We haven’t’ really gone through a sell off seaosn with Boyd as GM yet. I dont’ really know what his tendencies are.

Reactions: Hinterland

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013

Totally agree we need to get down to three OA's soon for everybody's sake. Just curious but you really do not seem to like Gerrior much. You keep talking about cutting him, he has no trade value ( I disagree strongly by the way 🤷‍♂️) etc... I'm sure you know from my posts that I think he's a valuable player who brings a lot to the team. So I guess I'd like to know the rationale for your negativity in regards to this player.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Totally agree we need to get down to three OA's soon for everybody's sake. Just curious but you really do not seem to like Gerrior much. You keep talking about cutting him, he has no trade value ( I disagree strongly by the way 🤷‍♂️) etc... I'm sure you know from my posts that I think he's a valuable player who brings a lot to the team. So I guess I'd like to know the rationale for your negativity in regards to this player.

With the saturation of the OA market, only the contenders will shuffle OAs. Gerrior isn’t the type of player IMO, that a contender would target to upgrade their existing OAs.

If you look at Ottawa last year, I think that is a the blueprint for upgrades. Teams that already have OAs will want to acquire guys like Kressler, Mayer, and Maillet. Gerrior isn’t a centre. A leas than point per game winger wouldn’t be of much value to a contender.

The non-contenders all already have 3-4 OAs.

This isn’t a situation where Gerrior isn’t good. It’s a situation where there is saturation and that saturation makes players like him have poor trade value.

Stonehouse brings a different element to the game that a contender may value greatly. That intangible factor he has makes him more marketable amongst contenders. But even Stonehouse is questionable for value. We’d need one contender to really feel he is there missing link.

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022

I’m not sure you’ve ever said anything positive, why even be a fan ?

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
To anyone saying Gerrior has no value is absolutely wrong, 26 goals 45 points last season. Will be Lots of interest in him can guarantee you all that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad