Ottawa 67s 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Well so much for developing talent. Here we go Boyd is going to kill the team and DC is going to play the older players

Whitehead will be next one out.

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
Well so much for developing talent. Here we go Boyd is going to kill the team and DC is going to play the older players

Whitehead will be next one out.
Hilton asked to be traded home to Oshawa closer to his mom or to the soo closer to his other half of his family as he is struggling with the death of his father still last year this has nothing to do with the team wanting to move on from Hilton, Boyd simply doing what’s best for the kid so that he can continue to pursue his hockey career in comfort with his family near. Know your facts before posting beast

ecraigs

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2013
Conway and Nelson are the same age. Go back and check their stats as 16 year olds as a comparison and tell me whether you think Conway is “likely” to be Nelson.
I found the whole goalie merry-go-round last year baffling. We started with a graduating Junior and an Overage in goal, released the overage, and traded for another graduating Junior. Meanwhile, we had a very promising draftee in Tier II who was just left there. I'm sure that there was some kind of deal with Navan, because Nelson was their ticket to a championship and a spot in the Centennial Cup. All of which led to this year, where we released one overage goalie and now must begin to get the draftee ready for a starting role. I just don't see a plan there.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Hilton asked to be traded home to Oshawa closer to his mom or to the soo closer to his other half of his family as he is struggling with the death of his father still last year this has nothing to do with the team wanting to move on from Hilton, Boyd simply doing what’s best for the kid so that he can continue to pursue his hockey career in comfort with his family near. Know your facts before posting beast
It helps to get all the information. If all we are told is that a player is traded, then that is all we have to go on.

I can either go by what i am not told or go by the prior actions of this GM and coach

Given the lack of info i go with the team record.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa

Whitehead will be one to want out.
It helps to get all the information. If all we are told is that a player is traded, then that is all we have to go on.

I can either go by what i am not told or go by the prior actions of this GM and coach

Given the lack of info i go with the team record.
The team record is great. The coach is great. The GM is great. I’m genuinely puzzled as to why you find a negative spin on everything?

Good luck to Charlie, I really hope that he does well and finds things better closer to family.

Reactions: sirius67fan

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Doing a solid for a kid who requested a trade also helps the club's reputation around the league as being a place where the players get treated with respect. Last season, I was ticked off about Jack Beck's desire for a trade, and part of me wanted to force him to either come here or sit. I understand, though, that you have to accommodate requests like that in order to play the long game. You don't want the club to have a bad rep amongst agents or in the broader hockey community, even if it does sting a little bit short term from time to time.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Doing a solid for a kid who requested a trade also helps the club's reputation around the league as being a place where the players get treated with respect. Last season, I was ticked off about Jack Beck's desire for a trade, and part of me wanted to force him to either come here or sit. I understand, though, that you have to accommodate requests like that in order to play the long game. You don't want the club to have a bad rep amongst agents or in the broader hockey community, even if it does sting a little bit short term from time to time.

Good post. You do need to find the right balance otherwise the players roll ver the coach and management.

I don’t have an issue with the Hilton trade. He’s 18 years old. He hasn’t really found a spot in the league yet. Houben has looked better IMO and is 1 year younger. We are loaded on the left side. This will allow both Houben and Amidovski to get more minutes int he first half.

I don’t think his trade will come back to haunt us. It would have been nice to develop Hilton but with him being an 18 year old, I am not too sure it would have worked out. At least with Houben, he has that extra year.

Going to the Sault will be good for him. They are a rebuilding team so he should get a decent amount of ice time.

The 5th round pick is a good return. We picked him in the 14th round and he never developed into a regular starter. That is a pretty solid return under the circumstances.

I found the whole goalie merry-go-round last year baffling. We started with a graduating Junior and an Overage in goal, released the overage, and traded for another graduating Junior. Meanwhile, we had a very promising draftee in Tier II who was just left there. I'm sure that there was some kind of deal with Navan, because Nelson was their ticket to a championship and a spot in the Centennial Cup. All of which led to this year, where we released one overage goalie and now must begin to get the draftee ready for a starting role. I just don't see a plan there.

I think it is a development issue. The 67’s wanted Nelson to get the full year in Tier II. He was on a good team and they felt it would be best for his development to remain there.

Obviously having MacK and Donoso was not the best scenario. Adding Michelone for. 13th round pick was a good play IMO. It allowed Nelson to continue to develop in Tier II.

This season will be interesting but I do think they keep MacK the entire season. First, I dont’ really see a market for him. Second, it allows the 67’s to bring Nelson along at a pace that matches his ability without feeling pressured to roll right into a starters position.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I don't have a problem with this trade and I like the human element of it as well. I hope the kid makes it after what he went through.

However, I was hoping for Barlas trade who really didn't really became expandable, too. Barlas deserves a chance elsewhere as well.

It just became more difficult to trade Barlas now that the 67's are really short of bodies. With Dietsch unavailable they're now down to 20 skaters or 19 whenever they wanna play Mac. They can't afford to lose another body.

Still hope they can get a proper (or at least younger) RW for Barlas but that might be difficult. At this point Barlas probably has very little value and I'm not even sure there's a way for the 67's to properly showcase him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad