Ottawa 67's 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
if he hasnt played a year, its a bit rich to suggest that hes regressed. he could come back better if he was playing through an injury.

any trade would be conditional on points, games, etc. not that hard to figure out.
Those 2 players are not even remotely close to the same talent level.
Do you really think Stonehouse comes back and puts up 80PTS?
It sounded to me he was thinking Stonehouse would bring a Ritchie type return and he won't / wouldn't.
One player has a clear pattern of progression.
The other player is going the opposite way and clearly exhibited it in live viewings.

1726683171972.png

1726683198560.png

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Those 2 players are not even remotely close to the same talent level.
It sounded to me he was thinking Stonehouse would bring a Ritchie type return and he won't / wouldn't.
This is not even a conversation as far as i'm concerned.

no, not even close to what he was saying, he was jabbing a generals fan about a generals player who was hurt, nothing more then that. it would be like him jabbing you about someone like ludwinski or mediema.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
no, not even close to what he was saying, he was jabbing a generals fan about a generals player who was hurt, nothing more then that. it would be like him jabbing you about someone like ludwinski or mediema.
I could care less about either so jab away. No skin in the game for me as i'm not a fan.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The OBVIOUS point was if the Generals were in a poor position last year and wanted to trade Ritchie who was out last year to start the season (similar time of return), would Ritchie be traded at a discount because he was coming back from injury? Obviously not.

Stonehouse will have a value based on his track record and history in this league just like any other player.

Unless the injury was a critical injury that has a history of being difficult to recover from (back or serious knee), it is unlikely the injury will have a significant impact on trade value.

In fact, depending on when the injury was sustained and the effect it had on the player, the injury could explain the reduction in production, thus discounting any perceived dip we see in the stats.

Besides, Stonehouse will be valuable based on his mouth and ability to distract the opposition more than his play. He’s the type of player you can put on a top 6 line and not lose anything doing so while getting all the other advantages related to distraction he provides.

He is an NHL signed player (not just a drafted and unsigned “mistake” pick) someone smarter than us gave him a minimum of $460k to play hockey for 3 years. I assume that does mean something and that player has value.

Reactions: NoQuit67s

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
The OBVIOUS point was if the Generals were in a poor position last year and wanted to trade Ritchie who was out last year to start the season (similar time of return), would Ritchie be traded at a discount because he was coming back from injury? Obviously not.

Stonehouse will have a value based on his track record and history in this league just like any other player.

Unless the injury was a critical injury that has a history of being difficult to recover from (back or serious knee), it is unlikely the injury will have a significant impact on trade value.

In fact, depending on when the injury was sustained and the effect it had on the player, the injury could explain the reduction in production, thus discounting any perceived dip we see in the stats.

Besides, Stonehouse will be valuable based on his mouth and ability to distract the opposition more than his play. He’s the type of player you can put on a top 6 line and not lose anything doing so while getting all the other advantages related to distraction he provides.

He is an NHL signed player (not just a drafted and unsigned “mistake” pick) someone smarter than us gave him a minimum of $460k to play hockey for 3 years. I assume that does mean something and that player has value.
Teams would sniff for a discount, he may play a bit before being traded anyway, or Ottawa may just hold onto him. I don’t see any evidence about regression, he got signed and then got hurt, that happens all the time

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Teams would sniff for a discount, he may play a bit before being traded anyway, or Ottawa may just hold onto him. I don’t see any evidence about regression, he got signed and then got hurt, that happens all the time
What I think happens with stonehouse is if/when he is back. Play him and when his value is the highest- trade him.

Could be a week in- could be a month in(after he comes back)Don’t keep him too long though- more games = more chances of him getting re injured.

Last edited:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
What I think happens with stonehouse is if/when he is back. Play him and when his value is the highest- trade him.

Could be a week in- could be a month in. Don’t keep him too long though- more games = more chances of him getting re injured.
Hip injury? Depends on how quick he can get back k on the ice. Good news is him being signed the oilers will be all over his rehab and getting back up to speed

Reactions: frontsfan67

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Hip injury? Depends on how quick he can get back k on the ice. Good news is him being signed the oilers will be all over his rehab and getting back up to speed

It was a shoulder injury. Not a big deal. Tough recovery time but not a big issue for being reinjured.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Well if he is living in the Southeast Asia Shangri-La, and still can't be happy....
Oh he is happy. I just spent a few days honouring those who died at the Kwae noi death camp, building that famous bridge. The Bridge was not the killer. If you have time, look up HELLFIRE PASS.

But just to ease your mind, the weather is warm (a little rainy). The beer is cold, and the only time I see ice is in a drink.

Attachments

• IMG_20240918_143035[1].jpg
    IMG_20240918_143035[1].jpg
    241 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: OMG67

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Fort Wayne is more likely then Ottawa imo.

Based on the fact they gave Perrier his number, I think the 67’s feel he is gone. It is likely they have assurances he will play pro after his surgery heals. It would be nice if he were returned and the 67’s were able to flip him for a few assets but for the sake of Brady, it would be good for him if he played pro.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Based on the fact they gave Perrier his number, I think the 67’s feel he is gone. It is likely they have assurances he will play pro after his surgery heals. It would be nice if he were returned and the 67’s were able to flip him for a few assets but for the sake of Brady, it would be good for him if he played pro.
I agree about him staying pro is the best thing. I think the Oilers Org is going to want to controlhis playing minutes and location much as Ottawa wanted to do with Boucher

Reactions: OMG67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad