Ottawa 67's 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
Beast, you really need to take a step back and look at statistics before posting sometimes. MEws finished 7th in D-Man scoring as a 17 year old. The kid is, if nothing else, an elite offensive weapon. If he were traded at the deadline, the return would be similar to Owen Beck when the Petes traded for him.

One can hope, but wouldn't Boyd's leverage decrease significantly in this situation if Mews and his entourage asked for a trade? Boyd can entertain a trade demand, but he is not obligated to move the player if a fair deal isn't found.

Mews went from a presumptive late 1st round pick to an actual 3rd round pick during his time with the 67s. Most of the fall in his draft status is on him for not rounding out his defensive game, particularly last season, but it wouldn't be surprising if the Mews camp attributed part of the blame to Cameron. To me the bigger issue for me is what it says about the organization as a whole, most notably the head coach. As we talked about late last season, there have been several trade demands, players not returning from Europe, defections, and other rumours the last few seasons. Certainly raises questions about what's going on behind closed doors.

On the other hand, Cameron repeatedly gets national junior team coaching gigs and we know those high profile jobs don't go to just anyone...

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
One can hope, but wouldn't Boyd's leverage decrease significantly in this situation if Mews and his entourage asked for a trade? Boyd can entertain a trade demand, but he is not obligated to move the player if a fair deal isn't found.

Mews went from a presumptive late 1st round pick to an actual 3rd round pick during his time with the 67s. Most of the fall in his draft status is on him for not rounding out his defensive game, particularly last season, but it wouldn't be surprising if the Mews camp attributed part of the blame to Cameron. To me the bigger issue for me is what it says about the organization as a whole, most notably the head coach. As we talked about late last season, there have been several trade demands, players not returning from Europe, defections, and other rumours the last few seasons. Certainly raises questions about what's going on behind closed doors.

On the other hand, Cameron repeatedly gets national junior team coaching gigs and we know those high profile jobs don't go to just anyone...

I think it speaks more loudly towards not doing proper due diligence on attitude when drafting. Kids need to be coachable. Too many aren’t. They think they know better and/or want to work on skills they already possess. Not enough of them want to put in the required work to improve an area of their game that is lacking, or worse, they don’t feel they lack in that area at all!

Some kids just dont’ have the internal fortitude to make sacrifices. They are uber talented as young players and they rely heavily on that natural ability but as they age, they can no longer rely on that natural ability/skill. It needs to be refined through hard work and dedication.

Look at Jack Beck. Good kid. Pretty good skill. Basically stayed at 165ish his entire OHL career. He suffered injuries and needed to be more durable and he didn’t work hard enough. Granted, it is possible his injuries really took a toll on his ability to gain weight but maybe if he dedicated more time as a 16 and 17 year old to adding muscle, he wouldn’t have had the injuries to begin with.

Mews is a great offensive D-Man. There is no questioning his ability with the puck and his instincts when it comes to generating offence. But, he is lacking greatly in his defensive awareness. He is also lazy defensively. It is one thing to be active and trying to be where you need to be but it is completely another when you are lazy at getting back into the play.

A coach cannot teach a kid how to be motivated. The player needs that to come from within. Based on the eye test, Mews “seems” to lack motivation and he relies on his superior skill to carry his game. That will only get him so far.

Is Cameron the right guy to get him to the next level? I cannot say one way or the other. As you mentioned, there seems to be issues behind the scenes. This is why I question their draft strategy. IF Cameron demands a certain level of internal fortitude with respect to effort and sacrifice, they need to do better identifying that trait in players going forward. Either that or go get a players coach that has a stronger ability to work with the mindset of teenagers. Personally, I think the latter is the way to go but there is still something to be said about attitude. There needs to be a give and take at least.

44 95 plus tax

Oct 6, 2009
I think it speaks more loudly towards not doing proper due diligence on attitude when drafting. Kids need to be coachable. Too many aren’t. They think they know better and/or want to work on skills they already possess. Not enough of them want to put in the required work to improve an area of their game that is lacking, or worse, they don’t feel they lack in that area at all!

Some kids just dont’ have the internal fortitude to make sacrifices. They are uber talented as young players and they rely heavily on that natural ability but as they age, they can no longer rely on that natural ability/skill. It needs to be refined through hard work and dedication.

Look at Jack Beck. Good kid. Pretty good skill. Basically stayed at 165ish his entire OHL career. He suffered injuries and needed to be more durable and he didn’t work hard enough. Granted, it is possible his injuries really took a toll on his ability to gain weight but maybe if he dedicated more time as a 16 and 17 year old to adding muscle, he wouldn’t have had the injuries to begin with.

Mews is a great offensive D-Man. There is no questioning his ability with the puck and his instincts when it comes to generating offence. But, he is lacking greatly in his defensive awareness. He is also lazy defensively. It is one thing to be active and trying to be where you need to be but it is completely another when you are lazy at getting back into the play.

A coach cannot teach a kid how to be motivated. The player needs that to come from within. Based on the eye test, Mews “seems” to lack motivation and he relies on his superior skill to carry his game. That will only get him so far.

Is Cameron the right guy to get him to the next level? I cannot say one way or the other. As you mentioned, there seems to be issues behind the scenes. This is why I question their draft strategy. IF Cameron demands a certain level of internal fortitude with respect to effort and sacrifice, they need to do better identifying that trait in players going forward. Either that or go get a players coach that has a stronger ability to work with the mindset of teenagers. Personally, I think the latter is the way to go but there is still something to be said about attitude. There needs to be a give and take at least.
I think it would be a different story with Tourigny and Duhamel behind the benches. Tourigny to motivate, and Duhamel to coach defensively. I think all the defensemen suffered from those two leaving.

Reactions: sirius67fan

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I think it would be a different story with Tourigny and Duhamel behind the benches. Tourigny to motivate, and Duhamel to coach defensively. I think all the defensemen suffered from those two leaving.

And that is probably an understatement. Tourigny was the best thing to happen to this franchise in 20 years. That said, it will be difficult to hold a bar at that level and expect any replacements to be in that realm.

If DJ Smith is available and willing to come back to Major Junior, I’d be on the phone with him immediately. HE was great as an assistant in Windsor and won a Championship with Oshawa s a head coach. The guy is about as good as you can get.

Reactions: sirius67fan

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
If Henry Mews is unhappy, could a trade be made to unite him with his brother in a year? We could definitely use him more since Isaiah George and Jackson Edward are gone.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
If Henry Mews is unhappy, could a trade be made to unite him with his brother in a year? We could definitely use him more since Isaiah George and Jackson Edward are gone.

Would London waste assets on Mews with Dickinson already there? I doubt it. Logan Hawery was a London or bust kinda player so he wouldn’t waive his no move to go to Ottawa. I don’t see how a London/Ottawa deal would be structured. Moore didn’t report. HB wouldn’t agree to a deal back to Ottawa after defecting. You don’t even have Testa who is same age as Mews.

I cannot see Ottawa take a mish-mash of players and picks.

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Would London waste assets on Mews with Dickinson already there? I doubt it. Logan Hawery was a London or bust kinda player so he wouldn’t waive his no move to go to Ottawa. I don’t see how a London/Ottawa deal would be structured. Moore didn’t report. HB wouldn’t agree to a deal back to Ottawa after defecting. You don’t even have Testa who is same age as Mews.

I cannot see Ottawa take a mish-mash of players and picks.
I guess I’m looking at our prized and developed in JR B player in PJ Fagan, William Nichol (Ottawa native) and picks.

Now do I think it’s likely…. Not at all but if he was like London or bust, it could be done.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I guess I’m looking at our prized and developed in JR B player in PJ Fagan, William Nichol (Ottawa native) and picks.

Now do I think it’s likely…. Not at all but if he was like London or bust, it could be done.

Yes, London or bust scenario, anything could happen.

Reactions: tjziel

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
Pinelli-Gardiner-Stonehouse (OA)
Gerrior (OA)-Foster-Dever
Barlas- Ekberg- Horner
Korbler-Whitehead-Amidovski

Extra
Yani,Perrier

Marelli-Mews
Dietsch-_______
Brady-Bonomo

Extra
Eshkawkogan

MacK (OA)
Nelson

Trade or sent to Jr
Michelone Jr
Houben Jr
Hilton Jr
Kelly Traded
Mayich Traded
Sirman Traded
Smyth Traded

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
Barlas- Ekberg- Horner

Extra
Yani,Perrier

Marelli-Mews
Dietsch-_______
Brady-Bonomo

Extra
Eshkawkogan

MacK (OA)
Nelson

Trade or sent to Jr
Michelone Jr
Houben Jr
Hilton Jr
Kelly Traded
Mayich Traded
Sirman Traded
Smyth Traded
Two thoughts on this. Ekberg without a doubt will be top 6 center imo. As a prospective nhl first rounder he's not coming over to play on the third line. Two if we go into the season with that D..we're in serious sh....! No problem with the M/M top pairing but after ghat ouch. Dietsch did look good in a few appearance as did Brady in limited use but next year they are a third pairing at best. Esh is correctly a seventh guy right now that needs to be sheltered barring surprises. From what I heard Bonono is a project and not OHL ready next year. So I'm pretty sure they keep one of Mayich,/Sirman to anchor the second pair at least to the deadline. I also wouldn't rule out they acquire a cheap 19 y.o. as a stopgap with their extra forwards. Post deadline I see their OA's as
Option one: Gerrior
Mayich or Sirman
Mac
Option2:if Nelson shows he's ready
Gerrior
Stoney
Mayich/Sirman

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Barlas- Ekberg- Horner

Extra
Yani,Perrier

Marelli-Mews
Dietsch-_______
Brady-Bonomo

Extra
Eshkawkogan

MacK (OA)
Nelson

Trade or sent to Jr
Michelone Jr
Houben Jr
Hilton Jr
Kelly Traded
Mayich Traded
Sirman Traded
Smyth Traded

I think it is premature to really lay out a lineup. It is fun to try to peg where we are but there is soooo many more dominos set to fall. Plus, that cannot be an opening day lineup. At best that is a December lineup because Stonehouse isn’t set to return until at least December. So much will happen between now and then.

Here are the things I am reasonably certain of:
1> Dever will retain his spot at centre. He played it very well with Stonehouse and Horner down the stretch and in the playoffs. He seemed far more capable at centre than he did on the wing.
2> Every time Foster got moved to centre he was useless. With Gardiner, Dever, and likely Ekberg as the top 3 centres while Whitehead sits waiting to run with his shot at centre in the top 9 as well, Foster will rack up goals and be more effective from the wing in a top 6 role.
3> We cannot go into the season with effectively 5 rookie D-Men out of 7. It simply won’t happen. We are more likely to add a D-Man to play top four.
4> They didn’t keep Korbler to throw him on the 4th line. I’m not a Korbler fan BUT the reality is he played serious minutes in the second half of last season on a top line. Cameron seems to love the kid. Expect him to play top 6 minutes at worse this season.

The rest? Hell if I know what will happen. So many moving parts and rumours out there. Some will be resolved at or jsut after camp and others may take as long as the deadline.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
And that is probably an understatement. Tourigny was the best thing to happen to this franchise in 20 years. That said, it will be difficult to hold a bar at that level and expect any replacements to be in that realm.

If DJ Smith is available and willing to come back to Major Junior, I’d be on the phone with him immediately. HE was great as an assistant in Windsor and won a Championship with Oshawa s a head coach. The guy is about as good as you can get.

Don’t think DJ.Smith and Boyd are on the same book shelf when it comes to player selection :)

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Don’t think DJ.Smith and Boyd are on the same book shelf when it comes to player selection :)

If that means Boyd has to go and DJ takes both roles temporarily then so be it! I would take DJ and clear whatever room necessary.

Reactions: dirty12

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
If that means Boyd has to go and DJ takes both roles temporarily then so be it! I would take DJ and clear whatever room necessary.
I dunno OMG. As a coach in a minute as I was really impressed with him in Oshawa. However I consider Boyd a very good GM so I'd stick with him...jmo. It would be a bit like Tourigny/Boyd team imo with a charismatic players coach so I'd go with that as that worked very well.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

I’m a fan of DJ Smith. When everyone else, but Butler it seemed, wanted 18 fast fast puck control skaters, Smith locked down zones and bull dozed his way to a memorial cup. He would probably be criticized as being a dinosaur until ‘his team’ was built.

Reactions: OMG67

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Yes, London or bust scenario, anything could happen.
There are not many veteran players who are saying “London or bust”. There are now other teams that many star players are willing to be traded to.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013

Being able to find the players and get the ones with the best attitude is a skill that most GM/s have no idea about now. Killer, Bert, and Hunter all had one thing in common. They went to watch games they talked to the families and the kids before the draft. They got the players to understand and to commit. If they did not want to play then they ended up traded.

London is good because Hunter knows what he wants, and players know when they go there what is expected from the franchise and in the dressing room.

How many teams passed on Galbraith because he was a wild child? The Killer gave him an ultimatum, and when he got here, he was shown what was expected and that he was not going to be treated as a star.

DC is a good coach for a team of older players, He knows how to coach the game. I just do not think he knows anything about developing players or saying to a player if you do not do what I want, you can sit in the stands.

Not every player loved playing for Killer or Bert T, but they knew what was expected. The same was true of Tourigny. He told the players what he wanted them to do, considering that when we were playing with Andre, his son had to dress and did not do that badly.

I agree it is too early to draw any lines, but if Whitehead is pencilled in at the fourth line, he is going home. Same with Yanni I think.

I still think Boyd and DC have to go. They did not do much together in Mississauga, and I really can't see them doing much here.

If players are wanting out and not reporting that says that the team front office has a Huge problem.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Being able to find the players and get the ones with the best attitude is a skill that most GM/s have no idea about now. Killer, Bert, and Hunter all had one thing in common. They went to watch games they talked to the families and the kids before the draft. They got the players to understand and to commit. If they did not want to play then they ended up traded.

London is good because Hunter knows what he wants, and players know when they go there what is expected from the franchise and in the dressing room.

How many teams passed on Galbraith because he was a wild child? The Killer gave him an ultimatum, and when he got here, he was shown what was expected and that he was not going to be treated as a star.

DC is a good coach for a team of older players, He knows how to coach the game. I just do not think he knows anything about developing players or saying to a player if you do not do what I want, you can sit in the stands.

Not every player loved playing for Killer or Bert T, but they knew what was expected. The same was true of Tourigny. He told the players what he wanted them to do, considering that when we were playing with Andre, his son had to dress and did not do that badly.

I agree it is too early to draw any lines, but if Whitehead is pencilled in at the fourth line, he is going home. Same with Yanni I think.

I still think Boyd and DC have to go. They did not do much together in Mississauga, and I really can't see them doing much here.

If players are wanting out and not reporting that says that the team front office has a Huge problem.

My impression is Cameron wants a consistent effort and unselfish play. I think those basics are what allows him to deploy his game plan. When a player plays outside that or does not provide the level of effort or commitment required for that system to work, the entire system fails. I truly think that requires a significant level of buy in from star players. That is likely difficult for some.

Look at Mintyukov. He was a stud but deployed in Cameron’s system, he was handcuffed. IT took him quite a bit of time to find a way to contribute within that system. When he found his footing, he did contribute. Did he put up the type of numbers he put up in Saginaw? Nope. But, he was considerably better in his own zone and provided enough offence to make a significant difference. The TEAM was better for it.

I think if we are going to make an investment in Boyd and Cameron, we need players that fit the system. They dont’ need to all be big. They don’t all need to be fleet of foot. They need to buy in and work as a unit. I think last year there were stretches where things broke down and certain players took it upon themselves to try to up their game by working outside that system.

I think what Ottawa is doing is acquiring players through the draft that show effort but many of them don’t need to sacrifice anything at the Midget/Bantam level because they are simply elite players and the coaches mostly unleash them. It is hard to scout attitude. It mostly comes from conversations with the players and their coaches (as well as whispers in the back corridors). But, the reality is, until that player is exposed to the program, you never truly know if they will buy in.

One thing Killer was great at was lack of system. He gave the players a pretty wide birth to work in. Always cover the back of a player that joins the rush. The centre is usually the last player to leave the d-zone. Simple break outs. Concentrate on skating a speed development. Scorers will naturally score. Many coaches deploy a try not to lose type of system. It can be difficult for the more highly skilled players because they may feel likel they are giving too much back to the team. I think if Mews is unhappy, that is likely the reason why.

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
My impression is Cameron wants a consistent effort and unselfish play. I think those basics are what allows him to deploy his game plan. When a player plays outside that or does not provide the level of effort or commitment required for that system to work, the entire system fails. I truly think that requires a significant level of buy in from star players. That is likely difficult for some.

Look at Mintyukov. He was a stud but deployed in Cameron’s system, he was handcuffed. IT took him quite a bit of time to find a way to contribute within that system. When he found his footing, he did contribute. Did he put up the type of numbers he put up in Saginaw? Nope. But, he was considerably better in his own zone and provided enough offence to make a significant difference. The TEAM was better for it.

I think if we are going to make an investment in Boyd and Cameron, we need players that fit the system. They dont’ need to all be big. They don’t all need to be fleet of foot. They need to buy in and work as a unit. I think last year there were stretches where things broke down and certain players took it upon themselves to try to up their game by working outside that system.

I think what Ottawa is doing is acquiring players through the draft that show effort but many of them don’t need to sacrifice anything at the Midget/Bantam level because they are simply elite players and the coaches mostly unleash them. It is hard to scout attitude. It mostly comes from conversations with the players and their coaches (as well as whispers in the back corridors). But, the reality is, until that player is exposed to the program, you never truly know if they will buy in.

One thing Killer was great at was lack of system. He gave the players a pretty wide birth to work in. Always cover the back of a player that joins the rush. The centre is usually the last player to leave the d-zone. Simple break outs. Concentrate on skating a speed development. Scorers will naturally score. Many coaches deploy a try not to lose type of system. It can be difficult for the more highly skilled players because they may feel likel they are giving too much back to the team. I think if Mews is unhappy, that is likely the reason why.
Very good analysis! I personally think Cameron is a good coach certainly from a teaching/structure standpoint. Heck there's a reason he's a go to for hockey canada. My concern is in essence his age. It's a fact people get more rigid with age and I question if he can show enough flexibility to play to his teams' strenghts rather than force his team in his system. Also is there starting to be too much of a generation gap for him to understand/relate to kids mentality these days?? Food for thought imo.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Very good analysis! I personally think Cameron is a good coach certainly from a teaching/structure standpoint. Heck there's a reason he's a go to for hockey canada. My concern is in essence his age. It's a fact people get more rigid with age and I question if he can show enough flexibility to play to his teams' strenghts rather than force his team in his system. Also is there starting to be too much of a generation gap for him to understand/relate to kids mentality these days?? Food for thought imo.

The question is whether he is a strong developer of skill/talent or whether he is only a strong results in the regular season standings coach.Coaches like Kilrea develop talent at the cost of wins and losses. Some coaches sacrifice the development of skill/talent in order to reduce the number of games lost. There is a fine line between the two. It is rare you have a strong developer of talent while also a string systems strategist that allows players who have the ability to excel at a higher level to work outside the system.

I am not saying that Cameron is either of those two guys. I am saying that there are a couple required attributes players need to have to succeed in a Dave Cameron system. The first is work ethic. You need to put forth a strong effort. Second is sacrifice. You need to sacrifice for your team. Play for the logo on the front and TRUST that by doing so, your own stock will rise. THAT is a tough sell for a lot of younger players. I firmly believe that is why Korbler got so much more ice in the 2nd half. He trusted the system and the coach and was rewarded.

Dave Cameron can go into a tema Canada situation with a bunch of great players that only care about winning a Gold medal and come out pretty well. However, if he had the same team and had to coach them for a whole season, I am pretty sure he wouldn’t get the same results.

Reactions: Hinterland

sirius67fan

Jul 20, 2013
The question is whether he is a strong developer of skill/talent or whether he is only a strong results in the regular season standings coach.Coaches like Kilrea develop talent at the cost of wins and losses. Some coaches sacrifice the development of skill/talent in order to reduce the number of games lost. There is a fine line between the two. It is rare you have a strong developer of talent while also a string systems strategist that allows players who have the ability to excel at a higher level to work outside the system.

I am not saying that Cameron is either of those two guys. I am saying that there are a couple required attributes players need to have to succeed in a Dave Cameron system. The first is work ethic. You need to put forth a strong effort. Second is sacrifice. You need to sacrifice for your team. Play for the logo on the front and TRUST that by doing so, your own stock will rise. THAT is a tough sell for a lot of younger players. I firmly believe that is why Korbler got so much more ice in the 2nd half. He trusted the system and the coach and was rewarded.

Dave Cameron can go into a tema Canada situation with a bunch of great players that only care about winning a Gold medal and come out pretty well. However, if he had the same team and had to coach them for a whole season, I am pretty sure he wouldn’t get the same results.
I don't have an issue with work ethic/ effort/ compete level , it should be a pillar of anybody you bring on the team and it has served the team well since the Tourigny years. As for sacrifice I think that's where judgement comes in and where Cameron may stifle some players. As an example Mintyukov. Cameron admitted to reigning him in a bit but was it the right team to do for the team? Not so sure! You payed a ransom to get him arguably the best offensive weapon in the O that year and then you limit him? Is a similar thing happening to Mews right now? There needs to be ajudgement call to let certain players do their thing if they have superior talent and IF it helps the team. Did Tourigny put reigns on Rossi, Quinn! All I'm saying is a coach needs to be able to assess when he needs to be flexible to a degree and realize a system is not everything.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Yeah, I think he wants players he can trust to leave it all out there, play with high intensity shift after shift. He also likes two way players he can trust not to make stupid mistakes and play responsibly against the puck. That's why he usually seems to prefer vets.

I'm not sure why he played Körbler so much more than Yanni though. They're very similar I think. Yanni is just as intense as Körbler but maybe not quite as efficient against the puck. Maybe that was it? Or Cameron just felt like he didn't have room for both of them? They were too similar?

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I don't have an issue with work ethic/ effort/ compete level , it should be a pillar of anybody you bring on the team and it has served the team well since the Tourigny years. As for sacrifice I think that's where judgement comes in and where Cameron may stifle some players. As an example Mintyukov. Cameron admitted to reigning him in a bit but was it the right team to do for the team? Not so sure! You payed a ransom to get him arguably the best offensive weapon in the O that year and then you limit him? Is a similar thing happening to Mews right now? There needs to be ajudgement call to let certain players do their thing if they have superior talent and IF it helps the team. Did Tourigny put reigns on Rossi, Quinn! All I'm saying is a coach needs to be able to assess when he needs to be flexible to a degree and realize a system is not everything.

Or maybe Mintyukov ended up being more impactful on the defensive side and on balance, he was a more impactful player? I cannot say to be honest but I think that is what Cameron would say. I think he would also say it is great to pump up stats and be offensive at the detriment of the defence and maybe that is a better balance anyway but it wouldn’t serve them well at the NHL level which is why he likely preaches the defence first?

I am playing Devil’s Advocate right now for thee sake of discussion. It is possible that he is developing the tougher to see skills and the sexy goal scoring suffers but overall they are more well rounded players.

Agree on Effort though. It really needs to be there. Silver Spoon players are cancer.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Or maybe Mintyukov ended up being more impactful on the defensive side and on balance, he was a more impactful player? I cannot say to be honest but I think that is what Cameron would say. I think he would also say it is great to pump up stats and be offensive at the detriment of the defence and maybe that is a better balance anyway but it wouldn’t serve them well at the NHL level which is why he likely preaches the defence first?

I am playing Devil’s Advocate right now for thee sake of discussion. It is possible that he is developing the tougher to see skills and the sexy goal scoring suffers but overall they are more well rounded players.

Agree on Effort though. It really needs to be there. Silver Spoon players are cancer.

What Mintyukov did and Parekh does within coach Lazary’s system could not really be done on other teams with the same effectiveness.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013

Fully agree with the comments. The question that has to be asked though is why trade for a highly offensive rental if you want a defensive player? You trade for someone for what they bring to the team. You do not in 3 months try to change them.

As to the players, if DC wants players that play a style, then Boyd should be drafting players that play in that system or are willing to learn.

If a coach is going to waste the first-round pick for a year, then you either need to trade him or have his parents realize that he will play in the CCHL for the first year. You also need a coach who can develop players, if not as head coach, then as an assistant.

I would like to know why he has a shelf life of 4 years with any team. It seems that he is not capable of developing a program.

Does anyone know how many players he developed that went to the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad