Value of: Ottawa 2022 1st round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
Ottawa is looking for a young-ish top six forward skilled who can play with Stutzle. Willing to start with our 1st round pick.

I'd say between 23 and 28 years old. Obviously we can add and subtract but we have the 7th overall. Also needs to have term.

We would be picking 7-9th overall. Vancouver got OEL with the 9th overall.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Ottawa is looking for a young-ish top six forward skilled who can play with Stutzle. Willing to start with our 1st round pick.

I'd say between 23 and 28 years old. Obviously we can add and subtract but we have the 7th overall. Also needs to have term.

You can have him for the pick. It was like a parting shot from Benning. Not only have I messed your team up for the better part of a decade, but I'm going to saddle you with a 30+ year old player, signed to a stupid contract for the next 6 years. Trade the teams 1st (for the 2nd straight season). I saw the trade as more all Vancouver's previous stupid contracts (Eriksson, Roussel and Beagle) for Phx 1 stupid contract OEL and the 9th overall was for Garland. I know it's not exactly how the deal would have been structured, but OEL alone wasn't for the 9th overall.

Reactions: habsfan44

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

Kevin Fiala. I believe he’s seeking a long term contract.

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
Blues give you Kostin, Perunavich and our first.. if you are in the top 8

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I don't think the team would move the pick in an ideal world, but they will have to consolidate some of this young talent pretty soon. I'd rather they move wingers out of the prospect pool than a presumed top-ten pick but it really does depend on what's coming back.

I think the team could target one of Garland/Boeser out of Vancouver and (maybe? hopefully?) pay less than a top-ten picks worth in value. They aren't the only names that make sense, Fiala is always interesting when brought up. Could make an ideal fit with Formenton/Stutzle.

Reactions: NB613

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
If Ottawa is going to get a winger for Stutzle; it most certainly won't cost a top-10 pick.
There are plenty of top-6 level wingers who could be had for 2nd/B-prospect like packages or hell even for free in free agency.

Reactions: NB613 and OmniSens

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

Just save your assets and get a UFA in July

Reactions: TeamRenzo

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That said, waiting until free agency makes sense as well. There's a lot of UFAs this year that are really solid Top 6 sort of players.

So many that, some of them are going to end up making less than you think.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad