Confirmed with Link: OTT signed David Perron for 2 years / 4M AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'm upset we signed a scumbag who is about to fall off a cliff. 35 to 50 points for a 36 year old seems very optimistic. 30ish tops this year and 20ish next year is my expecation.

It isn't unthinkable so we'll see, but scumbags aren't the kind of veteran I like.
He just put up 56 points as a 34 year old and 47 points as a 35 year old, not sure expecting 35 points from Perron at 36 is really much optimism.

He's exactly the type of player this team needs, the country club atmosphere needs to be squashed.

You hate to play against him and love to play with him. He's what we hope Grieg can become.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
the moves today are 100 percent because of how immature and leaderless our core is.

Staois needed to get some actual veteran professionals in the org to put them in their place.
I really like the Jensen add (despite the bad asset management), but I'm not exactly sure I would call Perron mature. The guy always takes careless penalties.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Staois putting a lunchbox stamp on the team. We'll see if it works.

Don't like perron as a player to play against, i guess there's that.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Er, is this the Pinto money? Going to Perron and Jensen?
Maybe we just like pickles?

“The Pinto situation is a unique one,” Andlauer said. “I don’t know the last time Ottawa was at the salary cap … probably never. We’re in a bit of a pickle right now trying to figure this out.

“But I know one thing in talking to the players and talking to the management, Shane Pinto is very much valued as a member of this organization. And we want to get started with Shane Pinto in our lineup. The desire is there, we’ve put ourselves in a pickle with the salary cap. And I guess it’s to be continued.”

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Followed him and liked him a lot the year St-Louis won the cup. 5 years later, obviously much older, hope he still has some gas left in the tank.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
We needed vets, every time we played Perron I’ve liked him (as in didn’t like to play against him) so I’m good with this.

As long as we sign Pinto.

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
-7 -12 last two years.

Points dipping. Which is expected with age.

Yzerman didn’t want him anymore.

Seems like a prick. Which is good. Undiscpline. Bad.

Will likely have way too much responsibility here.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
-7 -12 last two years.

Points dipping. Which is expected with age.

Yzerman didn’t want him anymore.

Seems like a prick. Which is good. Undiscpline. Bad.

Will likely have way too much responsibility here.

How do you know that?

Garrioch (I know I know, but) wrote "the Wings tried desperately to keep him".

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I like that we’re adding cup winning vets. I don’t like that we’re giving this contract to a 36 year old who is slowing down. We’ll see but I don’t completely hate it after seeing the contracts given out today.

But please don’t let this be what keeps Pinto from re-signing.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Would've preferred a player like Noesen tbh. That extra 1.25 m would be really helpful right now.

Reactions: HSF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad