Player Discussion David Perron (D) 2 years / 4M AAV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Followed him and liked him a lot the year St-Louis won the cup. 5 years later, obviously much older, hope he still has some gas left in the tank.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
We needed vets, every time we played Perron I’ve liked him (as in didn’t like to play against him) so I’m good with this.

As long as we sign Pinto.

Reactions: DrEasy

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
-7 -12 last two years.

Points dipping. Which is expected with age.

Yzerman didn’t want him anymore.

Seems like a prick. Which is good. Undiscpline. Bad.

Will likely have way too much responsibility here.

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
-7 -12 last two years.

Points dipping. Which is expected with age.

Yzerman didn’t want him anymore.

Seems like a prick. Which is good. Undiscpline. Bad.

Will likely have way too much responsibility here.

How do you know that?

Garrioch (I know I know, but) wrote "the Wings tried desperately to keep him".

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I like that we’re adding cup winning vets. I don’t like that we’re giving this contract to a 36 year old who is slowing down. We’ll see but I don’t completely hate it after seeing the contracts given out today.

But please don’t let this be what keeps Pinto from re-signing.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Would've preferred a player like Noesen tbh. That extra 1.25 m would be really helpful right now.

Reactions: HSF

Sensators

Sep 15, 2009
He has always been very good on the powerplay. Don't know if that's the fit I would want.. seems like if we are not going to use norris on pp1 his contract gets even worse.

He is a prick for sure and hopefully can teach our guys a couple things about running a powerplay. His point percentage has been amazing in his career so he should have things to teach.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The only thing is that his points per game has gone down each of the last three seasons. I hope he doesn't fall off a cliff come January.

If he can put up the same point totals as last year (76 GP, 17 G, 47 TP) for the next two years then he will be a solid add.

I didn't realize his points per game steadily went down as drastic as it has. It's very steady

From 1.03 to 0.85 to 0.68 to 0.61.

He's likely a 0.5 player this year, and a 0.33 player the year after.

Just guesswork.

Reactions: Norris4Norris

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Image 2024-07-01 at 5.44 PM.jpeg

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Is he? I know fans in Ottawa don't like him, but he's a veteran guy who's worn a letter. I'm guessing within the room he's liked and respected, and that's what matters.
If anything he's unlikable to play against, like him on your team. Weird comment for sure.

Tarasenko replacement, don't hate it or love it. Fine move.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Assuming Joseph is on his way out and that's how we'll afford Pinto, it would have been smarter to not sign Perron, keep Joseph and then used the extra money saved (1.05M) to outbid TOR/WPG for Hakanpaa/Miller.

Not sure why Staios is so intent on dumping Joseph. We need more players like him than Perron.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Assuming Joseph is on his way out and that's how we'll afford Pinto, it would have been smarter to not sign Perron, keep Joseph and then used the extra money saved (1.05M) to outbid TOR/WPG for Hakanpaa/Miller.

Not sure why Staios is so intent on dumping Joseph. We need more players like him than Perron.
I like Joseph, but I am not sure he's consistent enough to have an impact on our team. He looked like he was going to have a hell of a season last year and then completely cooled off.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
the moves today are 100 percent because of how immature and leaderless our core is.

Staois needed to get some actual veteran professionals in the org to put them in their place.

Bingo.

If Perron can maintain the level he had the last couple seasons into the next couple this is a good move.

The sens need some jam up front and Perron brings that. I'm fine with this addition.

I didn't realize his points per game steadily went down as drastic as it has. It's very steady

From 1.03 to 0.85 to 0.68 to 0.61.

He's likely a 0.5 player this year, and a 0.33 player the year after.

Just guesswork.
40ish points is fine for a shit disturber third liner.

The sens will go as far as stutzle, Tkachuk, batherson, Morris and pinto take them.

If those guys can't score enough to win at this stage, the team is totally f***ed and another rebuild is necessary.

All staios can do is try to insulate them with vet leadership and hope foe the best.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad