Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] G Linus Ullmark signs extension with the Ottawa Senators (4 years, $8.25M AAV)

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
This argument is going to go on for months. It’s why we should all despise goaltenders too, because it’s likely to be up and down..

Right now Cam Talbot looks better than Korpisalo and Ullmark, and he was two swings at the fences ago for Ottawa. It’s just so scary handing them money like this. By December last year, Sens fans had already turned on Korpisalo. It’ll be much worse this time around because of the compensation and the AAV.

They had to try though. At some point, they’ve got to hit on one of these goalies. My only real concern with the contract was, why not wait a couple of months?? Make sure he fits. I get why they did it though. I’m just a big believer in Cassidy’s system propping up, slightly above average goaltenders. So I wanna see success outside of the system, before I’m handing big money to a goalie from that system, outside of the system. You wanna pay Swayman to stay in the system, that’s more reasonable.

That’s me though, and I readily admit I hate goalies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad