Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] G Linus Ullmark signs extension with the Ottawa Senators (4 years, $8.25M AAV)

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
It’s refreshing to see a goalie as composed and positionally sounds as Ullmark in a Senators jersey. Steal of a trade.
Its just such an important position. I've never understood why the market for goalies is so trash. I suspect it's a lack of consistency and the fact that a bad goalie is effectively unplayable and basically a useless anchor against the cap.

Just too much risk when they don't pan out i guess.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I would be shocked - absolutely shocked - if Kastelic put up 20. He was always one of those guys who you wondered why he wasn't a better player than he was when you look at this physical tools.

Might have taken a coaching swap / change of scenery to get there.

I always liked kastelic. He had a bad year last year but there was so much off ice stuff going on with rhe team that it probably impacted him

He has a great combination of tenacity, grit and a hint of scoring. He could very well turn into a hell of a third line guy. Hope he does.

I would have given up far more for a signed ulmark.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Think what you want, but Ullmark will have more impact on wins and losses than pinto will. Thats not a shot at pinto either.
I don't know about that in the long run TBH, and furthermore, you NEVER give up a player like Pinto to accomplish that sort of means. Talk about neutering your gains almost entirely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad