Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] F Michael Amadio signs with the Senators (3 years, $2.6M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I liked him the short time we had him. He played well in Vegas. Let's see what the dollar amount is because I have a weird feeling we had to overpay in term and money to make this happen. Solid player though!

2.6 is too much. As I thought we had to overpay. Not a fan of the contract, including term.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
They have lots of money ($4.5 million) to sign Pinto to bridge deal, or move Joesph and sign him longterm.

They have a smidge over 4.200 to sign Pinto but this isn't EA Sports - so they aren't going to run a 20-man roster. Realistically they could maybe do 21, which brings them to ~3.400 left to sing Pinto if they keep Joseph. If that's not enough, they have to trade Joseph which makes the Amadio signing even.

I don't hate Amadio. I hate the position it puts Ottawa in, and I'm not a huge fan of the dollars/term either.

Reactions: Boud

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
They have a smidge over 4.200 to sign Pinto but this isn't EA Sports - so they aren't going to run a 20-man roster. Realistically they could maybe do 21, which brings them to ~3.400 left to sing Pinto if they keep Joseph. If that's not enough, they have to trade Joseph which makes the Amadio signing even.

I don't hate Amadio. I hate the position it puts Ottawa in, and I'm not a huge fan of the dollars/term either.
Amadio is a comparable player to Joseph, but makes 400k less, so it really feels like he’s just Joseph’s ideal replacement to make room for Pinto. Every dollar counts here.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Amadio is a comparable player to Joseph, but makes 400k less, so it really feels like he’s just Joseph’s ideal replacement to make room for Pinto. Every dollar counts here.
Makes 400k less. Every dollar matters at this point.

1. It's 350k, not 400k
2. Saving 350k may not be worth the pick we have to attach to Joseph. We'll have to wait and see.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Nah Amadio at 2.6M is solid and should have happened regardless of what we did with Joseph.

Perron at 4M is the headscratching deal.

It's literally what happened. Joseph was replaced by Amadio, which in turn saved us 350k but cost us a 3rd round pick.

Whether or not that's a good deal is the debatable part.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It's literally what happened. Joseph was replaced by Amadio, which in turn saved us 350k but cost us a 3rd round pick.

We signed two top 9 forwards yesterday. One made sense (Amadio), the other did not (Perron).

The right move would have been to keep Joseph and sign Amadio. Joseph is left-handed and could shift over to LW to make room for Amadio.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
We signed two top 9 forwards yesterday. One made sense (Amadio), the other did not (Perron).

The right move would have been to keep Joseph and sign Amadio. Joseph is left-handed and could shift over to LW to make room for Amadio.
I think we badly needed someone like Perron. He's overpaid and on the decline, but Giroux can't be the only mature, experienced guy in the room (that can still play). The new regime probably walked in on the first day and realized how immature the dressing room was.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I think we badly needed someone like Perron. He's overpaid and on the decline, but Giroux can't be the only mature, experienced guy in the room (that can still play). The new regime probably walked in on the first day and realized how immature the dressing room was.

You can sign mature experienced players for dirt cheap to fill out the roster.

There's lots of them still available. Perron wasn't the only option.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
You can sign mature experienced players for dirt cheap to fill out the roster.

There's lots of them still available. Perron wasn't the only option.
How many of them (that can still contribute) are lining up to sign in Ottawa? I'm sure they would have loved someone like Corey Perry but he decided to stick with the team that was a win away from winning the Stanley Cup.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
How many of them (that can still contribute) are lining up to sign in Ottawa? I'm sure they would have loved someone like Corey Perry but he decided to stick with the team that was a win away from winning the Stanley Cup.

There's going to be plenty looking for jobs. Many will be on PTOs, some may get two-way contracts, but most would jump at the chance to sign in a place with the terrible depth we have down our lineup.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010

Gregor is more of a replacement for Joseph than Amadio, and that's a $2M saving

ZYXWVUT

Feb 26, 2024
if he gets an opportunity to play with some of their talent, I bet this ends up as a fantastic signing.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Gregor is more of a replacement for Joseph than Amadio, and that's a $2M saving

Joseph got 35pts and averaged 16:28 per game.

One of these is Amadio and the other if Gregor:
12pts and 11:23
27pts and 13:23

It's pretty east to see who the Joseph replacement is, of the two.
Pretending it's Gregor (and Perron frm another poster) is strange to say the least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad