Proposal: OTT - COL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I mean you literally asked for Kyle Connor which is pretty laughable. Girard is a solid #2 on a good contract but he doesnt return a young star forward like him. Like would you trade Rantanen for Girard?
Conner would be a reach and Avs likely add something meaningful. Ehlers and Nylander are closest in value.

Rantanen is one of the best 10-15 players on the planet so he’s a different thing altogether. Not many guys touch his value.

Girard is an elite 2nd pair on a good team or top pair on several lesser teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lemonlimey

Gavin Ray

Jul 10, 2016
Mars
Wait and see he's 2 years younger and playing down the lineup and low ice time. Norris wasn't even in the NHL yet at that age.

Time will tell :cheers:

Ironically we are bantering over 2 true Newfies

Norris was putting up 31 goals and 61 points in 56 AHL games to win rookie of the year at that age. He coulda easily been playing in the NHL and probably should have been.

Newhook and Norris offensively is a wash. In fact their pNHLe is almost identical putting them at ~65 point potential which I think is what we will reasonably see for them both. The area where I take Norris though is he is elite defensively and always has been. When Norris was drafted he was projected as a defensive 3rd liner and his offensive potential only came in later years. Now he plays against opponents top lines and shuts them down. Time will tell who will be the better player but even if Newhook is a 70 point C and Norris is a 60 point C, I would take the more complete player.

Reactions: Alienblood

keglu

Jul 11, 2014
Conner would be a reach and Avs likely add something meaningful. Ehlers and Nylander are closest in value.

Rantanen is one of the best 10-15 players on the planet so he’s a different thing altogether. Not many guys touch his value.

Im pretty sure Jets fans considered Ehlers better than Connor last season and he has better contract. Toronto fans also were not keen on Nylander Girard swap.
People are really not that interested in small D

Reactions: Ledge And Dairy

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Yes then we can finally live our dreams of seeing Chris Tierney as the first line center!!!!

Ledge And Dairy

Yeah you are definitely over valuing him. Maybe Boeser or Fiala but I would rather have Nylander and Ehlers

Reactions: Groo

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Wait and see he's 2 years younger and playing down the lineup and low ice time. Norris wasn't even in the NHL yet at that age.

Time will tell :cheers:

Ironically we are bantering over 2 true Newfies

Norris is 4 years younger than Mack and is outpacing his 21yo season. Norris >Mack obviously based on this dumb ass criteria

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Norris was putting up 31 goals and 61 points in 56 AHL games to win rookie of the year at that age. He coulda easily been playing in the NHL and probably should have been.

Newhook and Norris offensively is a wash. In fact their pNHLe is almost identical putting them at ~65 point potential which I think is what we will reasonably see for them both. The area where I take Norris though is he is elite defensively and always has been. When Norris was drafted he was projected as a defensive 3rd liner and his offensive potential only came in later years. Now he plays against opponents top lines and shuts them down. Time will tell who will be the better player but even if Newhook is a 70 point C and Norris is a 60 point C, I would take the more complete player.

Newhook was dominating the AHL as well. I wouldn't trade Newhook for Norris based on his upside and high octane game. Not a knock on Norris I love him as a player.

We will see in a few years. I think Newhook breaks out here anytime. Hard to get ice and pp time with the Avs.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

Both Newfy blood and both work extremly hard off he ice and are good kids.

Good luck the rest of the season I watch Sens games for Norris , Chabot and Batherson.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Im pretty sure Jets fans considered Ehlers better than Connor last season and he has better contract. Toronto fans also were not keen on Nylander Girard swap.
People are really not that interested in small D

Girard is the best transition dman in the league.

Just sayin

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
Norris is 4 years younger than Mack and is outpacing his 21yo season. Norris >Mack obviously based on this dumb ass criteria

How about their 18 year old seasons ? duh! 2 years is a big deal at that age.

It's the same reason as not trading Byram for Chabot. More talent and more upside

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yeah you are definitely over valuing him. Maybe Boeser or Fiala but I would rather have Nylander and Ehlers
You have zero handle on value dude. No handle of player value and clearly zero handle on contract value.

a trade like this would also value position and team need.

fiala and boeswr are both on expiring deals.

Ledge And Dairy

With high dollar values to resign. Boeser is a $7mm qualifying I believe. Fiala will go to arbitration and already proved that.
Arbitration isnt a threat, its player security. Nearly every player that is eligible for arbitration signs for it or is highly suggested to sign for it. Once a player signs for arbitration they cant be given an offersheet. Also once a player has a contract decided by an arbitrator they are no longer eligible to file for arbitration again, thats usually why most deals are signed before the arbitration date.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
It really is at this point. It’s possible Newhook matches or exceeds Norris, but that’s 100% banking on potential. I’d swap Newhook for Norris in a heartbeat and run before anyone knew what happened.
Then you'd be canned. Ottawa is the worst team in the league for a reason. Overated big time.

They have nothing and are going no where

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Arbitration isnt a threat, its player security. Nearly every player that is eligible for arbitration signs for it or is highly suggested to sign for it. Once a player signs for arbitration they cant be given an offersheet. Also once a player has a contract decided by an arbitrator they are no longer eligible to file for arbitration again, thats usually why most deals are signed before the arbitration date.
Arbitration means he signs a one year deal the team doesn’t control. And then he’s heading to free agency. That sucks for the team. No control. And it will be a high AAV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad