Proposal: OTT - COL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I’d rather someone squat over my mouth after eating Taco Bell than wake up to Norris being traded for that
images

Reactions: missionAvs

Ledge And Dairy

In a heartbeat, so probably no from the Sens.

But this should be the idea behind trading Girard, they’re not going to trade him just to trade him.
What would be your thoughts on a Girard - Beauvillier swap? Isles could probably use a young LD that is good offensively and this adds much needed forward depth for the Avs. Not a fan of either team, I just think it makes sense for both sides

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Girard was drafted in 2016 while Norris was drafted in 2017.
Yeah it feels like Girard is older but in reality they’re close in age. Not a bad proposal.

Ottawa needs C’s BAD so they’ll obviously decline however.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
What would be your thoughts on a Girard - Beauvillier swap? Isles could probably use a young LD that is good offensively and this adds much needed forward depth for the Avs. Not a fan of either team, I just think it makes sense for both sides
NYI are adding a rather significant piece to that offer to make value match up.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Why is that? They are pretty similar caliber players

Girard plays the more important position, outscored Beauvillier as a defenseman, and is great in transition and has good advance stats. If Beauvillier played center it would be a different story.

I'm not going to speak for Isles fans whether they would do it, but I know there is no chance the Avs do this trade. I would love Beauvillier and would be a great fit here, but not at the expense of Girard.

Nov 20, 2013
Sweden
Girard has already played top pairing minutes and played his best hockey last year when the Avs we’re dealing with injuries. All people know about Girard is the Vegas series and think he’s a small offensive D, when in reality he’s basically Spurgeon 2.0 with a better offensive game. I get why Ottawa wouldn’t do this deal, but it’s quite obvious you haven’t watched Girard.

He isn’t an ideal top pairing defenseman in the playoffs right now, but he’s also still only 23. Regular season I have zero qualms about him excelling on the top pair.

I am one of the biggest downers on Girard but you are correct in everything. He has good defensive awareness and can play defensive matchups with a good partner like Eric Johnson where they compensate for eachother. Problem is that I think Byram should play with Eric Johnson instead. Avs would have no problem with MacDonald as 3LD with Toews and Byram ahead in the depth chart. Girard has an amazing contract but Byram is on an ELC.

I rate Girard higher than Barrie and would look for a similar trade. Slightly better and great contract but LHD<RHD and less flexibility with time (as a contender) and cap.

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Why is that? They are pretty similar caliber players. What kind of player are you expecting in a 1 for 1?
They are not similar value wise. Not close. NYI would be adding at least a 1st to that and probably more.

Nylander is close value wise. Boeser too but he’s worth less because of this contract status. Ehlers or Kyle Conner also work.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This comment reminds me a lot of the Buchnevich threads

I mean.... Why dont you explain to us why you think Beauvillier and Girard have similar value.

Considering that:

- Girard is younger
- Girard is signed for 3(!) years longer then Beauvillier is signed
- Girard plays the more important position
- Girard as a Dman produces basically the same offensive production as Beauvillier as a forward

How exactly are they similar in value. The simple fact that Girard is signed for 5 more years compared to just 2 for Beauvillier, that alone gives Girard quite a substantial bump in value. He's literally signed for the entirety of his prime years for almost half as much money as he could be making given this summers Defense contracts that were given out.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Girard+Barron+ Beaucage
For
Beauvillier, Dobson and Bolduc

I like Q players.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I mean you literally asked for Kyle Connor which is pretty laughable. Girard is a solid #2 on a good contract but he doesnt return a young star forward like him. Like would you trade Rantanen for Girard?

No because I consider Rantanen a superior player to Connor but realistically thats in the ballpark.
Connor not Rantanen.

Teams usually are not in love with smaller D which certainly hurts Gs value but he is a toppairing quality D on a steal of a contract. So to the right team he should hold a ton of value. Especially considering that his defensive shortcomings are way overblown on hfboards. He struggles with physicality which has been a problem at times (especially last year against Vegas in the playoffs) but he actually is very good defensively considering his size and limitations. Certainly not a liability or offensive D in the mold of Barrie or Shattenkirk (former Avs).

Wingers in this league hold significantly lower value than centers and Ds.

Thats why you see Buchnevich and Reinhart fetch significantly less (atleast in comparison to how they are generally valued on here) than the likes of Risto or Jones last year even though they all were in the same spot contract wise.

Jets saw it themselves with their "superstar" player Laine who they had to add to to get Dubois.

Connor for G is not something that Jets would want to do but its not far off valuewise and realistically the type of offer the Avs would have to get (arguably they shouldn't even do that considering that G should only go for a pure C) to consider trading G.

Reactions: Alienblood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad