Confirmed Trade: [OTT/BOS] Linus Ullmark for Mark Kastelic, Joonas Korpisalo (25% retained), 2024 BOS 1st round pick

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
korpi finds that mojo that he had with Columbus this might be a landslide victory for bruins especially with our solid goaltending coaching team who did wonders for linus. The 1st round pick might become a player and kastelic might be quite useful in the 4th line. Heard hes a tough kid. If linus leaves after a year in Ottawa it's a no brainer.
What 'MOJO' is that exactly? He was bad.

I couldn't quote your previous post because you quoted yourself.

But he isn't making 2 million he's making 3. For 4 more years..... He played more games than any of his career last year and was the worst goalie in the league. Largest single season sample size of his career.

I will say this Kastelic isn't just a throw in. He's big, he can skate, he can win draws and he plays physical. I think there's lots of runway left for development. He's on a longer development curve he will continue to improve. He's a good player and a prototypical 4th line c on a contender.

After a year when linus leaves it look very rosy. Linus wants to get paid big at free agency. Donny was cornered and did quite well.
You don't know this. Stop stating it as fact. Just shows how desperate you are to cling this deal as a win.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I don't see here what would give me optimism. Almost every season, the other goalie was putting up ~.020 higher save % behind the same team. One of his 3 quality seasons was 9 years ago in his rookie year. The concerns I had heading in to last season were confirmed with one of his worst seasons yet. Until he proves otherwise, he's not a quality backup. I do think he can, but the stats don't back it up. Even with his outlier season in LA, they apparently weren't interested in re-visiting his services, even with Rittich their current starter.

Joonas.jpg

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
What 'MOJO' is that exactly? He was bad.

I couldn't quote your previous post because you quoted yourself.

But he isn't making 2 million he's making 3. For 4 more years..... He played more games than any of his career last year and was the worst goalie in the league. Largest single season sample size of his career.

I will say this Kastelic isn't just a throw in. He's big, he can skate, he can win draws and he plays physical. I think there's lots of runway left for development. He's on a longer development curve he will continue to improve. He's a good player and a prototypical 4th line c on a contender.

You don't know this. Stop stating it as fact. Just shows how desperate you are to cling this deal as a win.
As of right now linus is leaving in a year fact.

• Haha
Reactions: Emerica

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
Come on Don from the Bridge...if Ottawa finally turns the corner and has a good year, there's a decent chance they can keep him. Why would he want to leave if they have success? They may be willing to pay him more than any other team. It's far from 'fact'.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Come on Don from the Bridge...if Ottawa finally turns the corner and has a good year, there's a decent chance they can keep him. Why would he want to leave if they have success? They may be willing to pay him more than any other team. It's far from 'fact'.
All hypothetical. Korpi can play like he did against tampa making 83 saves in a playoff game too here in Boston.

• Haha
Reactions: Sens9292

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
After a year when linus leaves it look very rosy. Linus wants to get paid big at free agency. Donny was cornered and did quite well.
This thread is odd.

1. Ullmark will be exposed in Ottawa because they're bad defeinsively.
2. Ullmark will not re-sign because he wants to get paid in free agency

Are we not seeing the contradiction here? Maybe his agent is better off agreeing to an extension before the season starts so he doesn't tank his value playing behind the awful Sens defence. Goalies aren't like skaters and usually can't afford to bet on themselves if they can secure a long-term deal immediately.

Last edited:

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
My dude, there is literally nothing stating that he is “leaving in a year fact”.

Your comments throughout this thread make you come off as very insecure.

I hope the deal works out for the Bruins, and that Ullmark plays well for us. No reason the trade cannot work out for both teams.

Even in the event Ullmark leaves after the season, getting out of 75% of Korpisalo’s contract for the next 4 seasons is a win in itself for us, it gives us much more cap flexibility.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
the trade was hot garbage for the bruins, IMO. korpi was a negative asset, and while he'll probably be "fine" in boston,
it made zero sense to take him. would've rather traded ullmark for less of a return to open up the $5M, or even kept him
for the year if the returns were that poor.

it's all moot now, hope the best for ullmark except when he plays boston. and at least the draft will be fun now.

Reactions: BTO

5Jack0

Mar 6, 2012
Somewhere out there
The entire Bruins front office should have been subjected to an immediate drug test after this trade. They traded Ullmark to save 2 million in cap space which will get eaten up by Swaymans’ raise and then some. Spending more on your goalies and getting worse in net on purpose is a neat trick.

Reactions: BTO

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The entire Bruins front office should have been subjected to an immediate drug test after this trade. They traded Ullmark to save 2 million in cap space which will get eaten up by Swaymans’ raise and then some. Spending more on your goalies and getting worse in net on purpose is a neat trick.
Regardless of the return, they had to move Ullmark.

Swayman was getting that raise with or without Ullmark, and although he seemed to love Boston, I'd have a hard time seeing him stay there past next year when he could be getting starter's money elsewhere.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The only confusing part imo is seeing something in Korpisalo and treating him like a neutral asset. It is a lofty bet to make for a guy with 4 years of term and a lot of question marks.

I think that korpisalo at 3mill can work out for the bruins. It will be hard for him to be as bad as he was last year in ottawa. Better defense, fresh start.

If he can be a decent backup 3 million isn't outrageous by any means.

As far as the sens go I think it'd a good trade regardless. Obviously it's better if ulmark has a good year and signs again. This team desperately needs to have a good year. If they miss again I'd be shocked if Brady doesn't ask for a trade. And if that happens it doesn't matter at all if ulmark wants out too because the team is being torn down.

If they do make the playoffs, ulmark might want to be a part of it all going forward. At least it's more likely. All depends on him. Does he want to raise his kids in a small family friendly city, or does he want to sit on a beach in LA in December. Swedish guys tend to hate the Canadian climate less.

Who knows. But Iike the move for both teams. Especially the sens

Reactions: swiftwin

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The only confusing part imo is seeing something in Korpisalo and treating him like a neutral asset. It is a lofty bet to make for a guy with 4 years of term and a lot of question marks.
No one in Ottawa can understand this one. I guess there are benefits to no one watching your team while they suck, because f*** a doodle doo....I don't see how a team takes Korpisalo with only 25% retention and doesn't insist Ottawa take a piece of rubbish back (not sure if Boston has any shitty contracts]. In no way, shape or form does that part make sense.

The 1st + 4th liner is fair for an expiring contract. Korpisalo in there is a mind bender.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I think that korpisalo at 3mill can work out for the bruins. It will be hard for him to be as bad as he was last year in ottawa. Better defense, fresh start.

If he can be a decent backup 3 million isn't outrageous by any means.

As far as the sens go I think it'd a good trade regardless. Obviously it's better if ulmark has a good year and signs again. This team desperately needs to have a good year. If they miss again I'd be shocked if Brady doesn't ask for a trade. And if that happens it doesn't matter at all if ulmark wants out too because the team is being torn down.

If they do make the playoffs, ulmark might want to be a part of it all going forward. At least it's more likely. All depends on him. Does he want to raise his kids in a small family friendly city, or does he want to sit on a beach in LA in December. Swedish guys tend to hate the Canadian climate less.

Who knows. But Iike the move for both teams. Especially the sens
I don't disagree he could maybe work out in a backup role. It's just that the numbers don't support that happening (not just last year), so imo it's just hollow words until it's proven by Korpisalo. Boston is taking a risk that it will happen and it's by no means a certainty. It's not like last year was some big outlier for Korpisalo or that the team was entirely to blame for his poor play, he was objectively bad.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
No one in Ottawa can understand this one. I guess there are benefits to no one watching your team while they suck, because f*** a doodle doo....I don't see how a team takes Korpisalo with only 25% retention and doesn't insist Ottawa take a piece of rubbish back (not sure if Boston has any shitty contracts]. In no way, shape or form does that part make sense.

The 1st + 4th liner is fair for an expiring contract. Korpisalo in there is a mind bender.
I'm honestly shocked there's as many in support of Korpisalo as there are. Maybe I'm sour because I railed against him getting signed in the first place and hated it, but I look at his career numbers and don't get the optimism.

Moving on from Korpisalo was priority 1 for our team imo (Staios said Goaltending upgrade was #1 priority for him, so similar thought) and I could not possibly be more happy with how it worked out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad