Proposal: Ott-ari

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Not sure if serious.

Wouldn't offer OEL straight up. Dumb OP is dumb.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Forgive us. We're just Arizona hockey fans. We're too stupid to know what's good for us.

Sry :(

Not sure what to say here...I am confident that any GM would gladly trade OEL for EK, without hesitation. I wouldnt say that Arizona hockey fans are stupid but your post takes away from your credibility.

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
Not sure what to say here...I am confident that any GM would gladly trade OEL for EK, without hesitation. I wouldnt say that Arizona hockey fans are stupid but your post takes away from your credibility.

It really was one thing to say that you wouldn't want to cough up your future 1st like center in order to
Upgrade OEL to EK but to say you wouldn't do a 1 for 1 goes against hockey logic. OEL is a premiere defenseman at the age of 25 ..... EK is an ELITE defenseman at the age of 26. Whatever you think OEL provides to the coyotes that karlsson doesn't I can assure you, you are flat out wrong

cobra427

May 6, 2012

I don't think every GM would trade OEL for EK. OEL is much better on D and not that far behind offensively. In the next few years, OEL might be considered by many to be the best D in the NHL.

DasKaiser

Jun 7, 2016
This. Neither team is making this trade.

Welllll, so much was said on this site about, no way Subban was going to be traded either. Seems to be a strange year, but also this is just for discussion with no meat behind it. For my 2 cents, I think the original proposal is fair, especially if the money is in Ottawa favor.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Nowhere near enough considering the contract Karlsson is on.

Best dman in the NHL on a cheap contract returns more than a roster player and a solid prospect.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
The 2 teams build around those 2 players. Swapping those 2 players does not improve their respective clubs. That is the value of those 2 top d'men is how their respective clubs' chemistry respond to them.
armani
really?
It was a waste having OEL in a pure defensive role that he was thrust into. But you couldn't do the opposite with Karlsson!

Sureves

Sep 29, 2008
Ottawa
Well this is an easy no. McDavid is the only player Sens fans are interested in trading Karlsson for.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Haha, wouldn't trade OEL one fir one for any dman. Come on...

We're all entitled to our homerific delusions.

Mine is that "upgrading" to Karlsson is not enough of an upgrade to warrant sending along Strome. I'm sure you'll find that as thick-headed and stupid as I find some of the Ottawa posts in this thread. :)

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
I'd take OEL over Karlsson. Why the hell would we move our best centre prospect to get another offensive defenceman?

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't think every GM would trade OEL for EK. OEL is much better on D and not that far behind offensively. In the next few years, OEL might be considered by many to be the best D in the NHL.

Much better on D. Not far behind offensively. My goodness.

Define not far behind offensively. With the exception of the lockout shortened season where Karlsson was injured Karlsson has had more assists than OEL has had points in any season they have played.

OEL career points per game 0.50
Karlsson career assists per game 0.60

This reminds me of the Coyotes fan who tried to argue that OEL and Yandle were better offensively in 2013/2014.

As for much better on D. I don't even feel the need to tackle that. You've already made yourself look foolish.

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
is ek an upgrade over oel? yes. is it worth arizona giving up on the future #1 C? nope

this would be a helluva deal for Ottawa.
Strome/Turris/Brassard down the middle would make them legit

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Define not far behind offensively. With the exception of the lockout shortened season where Karlsson was injured Karlsson has had more assists than OEL has had points in any season they have played.

This reminds me of the Coyotes fan who tried to argue that OEL and Yandle were better offensively in 2013/2014.

As for much better on D. I don't even feel the need to tackle that. You've already made yourself look foolish.

to be fair OEL has more goals over the last 3 years and his low assist totals were a product of offensively challenged zona teams.
insert domi and duclair and bam 55 pts. strome, dvorak, keller should get him to the 60's.

EK>OEL. but OEL+Strome> EK

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
to be fair OEL has more goals over the last 3 years and his low assist totals were a product of offensively challenged zona teams.
insert domi and duclair and bam 55 pts. strome, dvorak, keller should get him to the 60's.

Karlsson:
Goals - 57
Assists - 164

OEL:
Goals - 59
Assists - 83

I don't think anything is going to make up an average of 28 assists per season

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I don't know what some of these Coyotes fans are on if they seriously wouldn't trade OEL straight up for Karlsson. The two are in different leagues.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
OEL is an excellent player.

But it is the usual Arizona-effect: their good players get insane hype because so few actually watch them.

Yandle was incredible until he got to NYC.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
I don't know what some of these Coyotes fans are on if they seriously wouldn't trade OEL straight up for Karlsson. The two are in different leagues.

We like OEL, he runs the backend with very little support on either end of the rink.

OEL is an excellent player.

But it is the usual Arizona-effect: their good players get insane hype because so few actually watch them.

Yandle was incredible until he got to NYC.

Or that the Coyotes had a system where they used Yandle so that he could excel? Something that New York didn't have to compliment his abilities?

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
The 2 teams build around those 2 players. Swapping those 2 players does not improve their respective clubs. That is the value of those 2 top d'men is how their respective clubs' chemistry respond to them.
It was a waste having OEL in a pure defensive role that he was thrust into. But you couldn't do the opposite with Karlsson!

In fact, the team's offence was built around Karlsson's offensive ability, and EK returned in kind by leading the team/tournament in scoring and being named the best defenceman even though the team lost to Canada in the finals. He also helped finish his team with the highest points in the Group Stage and in playoff round while OEL was riding the pine.

Nice try.

SR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Just a terrible proposal. Wouldn't dish OEL alone for Karlsson, let alone adding our future 1/2 C.

Karlsson is one demensional. Oliver is the better all around defenseman comparing the two.

An absolute no from AZ

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Just a terrible proposal. Wouldn't dish OEL alone for Karlsson, let alone adding our future 1/2 C.

Karlsson is one demensional. Oliver is the better all around defenseman comparing the two.

An absolute no from AZ

I'm fine with not wanting to add Strome but y'all gotta stop this nonsense. OEL is not better than Karlsson in any sense. Stop it please. It's not like OEL is a stalwart defensively, in terms of defensive ability him and Karlsson are close. Stop fooling yourself.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

55 points is cute. They aren't close offensively. Scoring a couple more goals doesn't change that.

To give you an idea OEL got a point on 26% of Arizona's goals. The two seasons before that it was 27% and 20%. Karlsson on the other hand, 34% 28% and 32%. The low end for Karlsson is still greater than OEL's high end. It's not close.

How many goals are those guys going to add?

cobra427

May 6, 2012

OEL is further ahead of EK on D then he is behind him on offence and D wins games. I will give you EK is worth more today but not by much. I wouldn't trade OEL straight up for EK because I believe OEL is a better all around player and that will prove out in the next few years. Last year was the first year AZ had a few decent scoring forwards and OEL was at 55 points with more goals then EK the last 2 years. Goals are more important than assists. OEL's point production will likely pick up as the AZ forwards are better now. Once the point gap closes between OEL and EK, OEL will be considered the better player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad