Proposal: Ott-ari

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
Ari: Erik Karlsson

Ott: Oliver Ekman-Larsson & Dylan Strome

*** Try and over-look the fact that at this very moment in time I don't think Ottawa would ever try and sell Karlsson or that Arizona would need Karlsson because lets be honest they aren't ready for a playoff run YET. I think this is one of the only team scenarios where the value makes sense.

Arizona receives EK the man, the myth, the legend and establishes a leader once Doan retires to surround young skill across the board (domi,duclair,keller,Dvorak, DeAngelo,Chychrun etc.)

Ottawa receives the closest thing you will find to an EK replacement at a young age and a top notch prospect who appears to be a slam dunk in a couple of years.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I actually think that's plenty for karlsson and neither team would do this. Not to mention Arizona is not competing for a cup so why do they need karlsson

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
I say fair value but neither ARI nor OTT would do this deal

ARI is rebuilding and need all the young help that they can and OTT well next to Alfie, Karlsson is a hockey god

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Do you think a reasonable + could be added from Arizona or the deal just doesn't make sense surrounding these players?

We have no reason to trade Karlsson. So reaching the minimal amount of what Karlssons value could be considered, doesn't make the trade enticing at all.

ToastrStutzle

Feb 1, 2016
Ottawa
I'd say throw in a pick on Arizona side and this is pretty close in value

But obviously it's a moot point since Karlsson or OEL would never get traded.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I say fair value but neither ARI nor OTT would do this deal

ARI is rebuilding and need all the young help that they can and OTT well next to Alfie, Karlsson is a hockey god

This.

Ottawa will not trade EK before the final year of his current contract unless it is a massive over payment.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Never happens. Both teams happy with their player.

From a Coyote perspective factoring age, contract, porential....we're not trading OEL 1:1 for any Dman in the NHL.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009

From a Coyote perspective factoring age, contract, porential....we're not trading OEL 1:1 for any Dman in the NHL.

Ya, the perennial Norris candidate and ancient EK on that crippling 6.5m contract could never bring back a player like OEL :sarcasm: Give yer head a shake man, coyotes have him on a plane before the phone is hung up.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Not enough for Karlsson.
Not sure if serious.

Wouldn't offer OEL straight up. Dumb OP is dumb.

Move along. Nothing to see here.

Ya, the perennial Norris candidate and ancient EK on that crippling 6.5m contract could never bring back a player like OEL :sarcasm: Give yer head a shake man, coyotes have him on a plane before the phone is hung up.
Forgive us. We're just Arizona hockey fans. We're too stupid to know what's good for us.

Sry :(

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus

Really?

FWIW, EK65 and OEL were paired to begin the tournament in Sochi, before OEL found himself riding the pine. The two simply didn't work together, OEL looked like a deer caught in the headlights (maybe mesmerized). Not the most indicative, but if you watched Sochi Olympics and have seen team Sweden, you can tell that despite how good OEL is, Karlsson is on a level of his own (leading scorer in the tournament, named best defenceman, etc.). FYI, Karlsson is only a year older than OEL.

I would also take Hedman, Doughty, Josi, and PK over OEL.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Arizona says no way. Strome will more than makeup the difference the Coyotes would gain in points scored between the 2 defense. Plus it would leave a giant hole at centre. Zero reason to do this.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Neither OEL or Karlsson are going to move, as I think we all know, but this is a trade discussion forum, so talking about values. As a Sens fan, as awesome as OEL is, EK is not moving for this package, because while there is a lot of value there, Strome is not a sure thing, and the risk of him busting or underperforming is not worth the downgrade from EK to OEL. If there were a Mount Rushmore of Sens players, the first 2 players on it would be Alfie and EK. You would have to blow us away for us to consider trading our captain.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
OEL is younger, $1M a year cheaper, and really isn't that far behind Karlsson in terms of how good he is. Strome is an overpayment for the difference in ability/impact between EK and OEL

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
maybe throw in Domi and Keller as well and we can talk.

kidding... not interested in trading Karlsson unless it is for a ridiculous overpayment

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O
Arizona says no way. Strome will more than makeup the difference the Coyotes would gain in points scored between the 2 defense. Plus it would leave a giant hole at centre. Zero reason to do this.

Even if he does, it's taking 2 players to do this and 2 roster spots. If you can get the same production from one player (a Dman no less), there is more value there.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Even if he does, it's taking 2 players to do this and 2 roster spots. If you can get the same production from one player (a Dman no less), there is more value there.

But if OEL and Strome combine for 100 plus points and OEL continues to play better defense than EK the value is bad for the Coyotes. And if Strome develops into s 1st line Centre it is a disaster of a trade.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Brassard
Turris
Brown
White
Pageau

Why do they need to downgrade Karlsson to grab Strome?

They don't. Pageau is an excellent 3rd line centre in the league who can move up and down the lineup because of his versatile game. Slice breads (White and Brown) are blue chippers. Downgrading to OEL to gain another bluechip centre prospect does not make sense from a Sens POV.

From an Arizona POV, OEL and Strome provide better value for their young roster filled with many promising players. These guys need to grow together to become a powerhouse someday. Strome should be part of the team's future core (if the stars align). They are not competing today for the cup, so they don't theoretically need to upgrade OEL to Karlsson.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Step 1: Create trade proposal for players neither team wants to get rid of
Step 2: Incite a posting war from both sides about how irreplaceable their guy is
Step 3: Incite a thread battle about how overrated the other guy is
Step 4: Thread gets locked after a few more pages of back-and-forth sniping
Step 5: PROFIT (I mean, I'm assuming, given the number of ads on these thread pages)

:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad