OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies etc…Part VII

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Only two games in but it looks like more of the same from the Nuggets. The best player in the league surrounded by question marks in the starting lineup and zero depth. Jamal, AG, and Porter are in the question marks territory for me because you don't know what you're going to get every night. Less so with AG because at least you know the defense will be there, it's just the shooting that comes and goes with him.

This is also precisely why you shouldn't listen to players, even though all NBA teams listen to their star players. Everyone knew Westbrook would be a terrible fit and probably disaster but Joker reportedly pushed for it behind the scenes.

Reactions: katfude

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Who would have ever guessed that doing nothing of value in the off-season would hurt the Nuggets.

They are so f***ing bad. It's literally Jokic and a bunch of garbage. Porter has always been mid, Murray is regressing hard, and the rest are mid to bad NBAers. Not sure how they fix this one.

Reactions: katfude

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Problem is: who the hell is going to replace Travis Hunter and Shedeur Sanders next year?
Frankly it doesn't matter. He came along at the right time to get the Big12 to come calling. If CU was still winning 1-2 games a year it would be the Pac-3 and they would have lost tens of millions in TV money.

I think they are back in the right conference now where they are competing nationally and after Prime leaves this year or next the job will be sufficiently interesting enough to get some good candidates. They won't be on national TV every week but I think they will be fine with the portal as it is. The key for the program will be Prime stepping down early enough that they have a coach in place before the winter portal opens.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Frankly it doesn't matter. He came along at the right time to get the Big12 to come calling. If CU was still winning 1-2 games a year it would be the Pac-3 and they would have lost tens of millions in TV money.

I think they are back in the right conference now where they are competing nationally and after Prime leaves this year or next the job will be sufficiently interesting enough to get some good candidates. They won't be on national TV every week but I think they will be fine with the portal as it is. The key for the program will be Prime stepping down early enough that they have a coach in place before the winter portal opens.
Pretty much this. CU would be f***ed without Deion.

Really doesn't matter if he moves on after this year. He's already saved the program by keeping them in a big conference.

c'mon Te-Bo Nix
Not his fault that his WRs are absolute dog shit and can't get open.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad