OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies etc…Part VII

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
My wife is a terrible cook. I hate this idea.
It just disgusts me that we have allowed these virulent bigots to redefine basic issues of human dignity as benign differences of political opinion.

Billy favors a higher tax rate, Joan favors a lower tax rate, Jimmy believes women shouldn't be allowed to divorce abusive husbands and queer people shouldn't have basic rights. Same thing, right?

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
It just disgusts me that we have allowed these virulent bigots to redefine basic issues of human dignity as benign differences of political opinion.

Billy favors a higher tax rate, Joan favors a lower tax rate, Jimmy believes women shouldn't be allowed to divorce abusive husbands and queer people shouldn't have basic rights. Same thing, right?
Guarantee you if an NFL player created a PAC to battle police corruption and brutality he'd never be allowed near another roster again.

Reactions: Cake Malar

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
pretty simple - just start a PAC to get rid of NFL kickers. Anymore - what value do they actually bring to the game 🤷‍♂️
You're going to bring us back to these days aren't you...

1729206591059.png

Reactions: Bonzai12

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Strawther has gotta have won the starting job after tonight no? Rooting for the kid. Glimmer of hope on the Nugs.
No. Braun is the starter. He played very well tonight too.

Strawther had a fantastic preseason but he had a fantastic preseason last year as well. He's a better fit off the bench where his ball handling will help him get his own shot more than Braun who needs someone to create for him.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
The way I see the Nugs

Starters:
1. Jokic
2. Murray
3. Gordon
4. Porter
5. Braun

Main bench:
6. Strawther
7. Westbrook
8. Saric
9. Watson

Fringe rotation:
10. Cancar
11. Nnaji

Situational:
12. Jordan
13. Alexander

Don't play these guys:
14. Tyson
15. Hall
16. Pickett
17. Jones

Out for season:
18. Holmes

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
The way I see the Nugs

Starters:
1. Jokic
2. Murray
3. Gordon
4. Porter
5. Braun

Main bench:
6. Strawther
7. Westbrook
8. Saric
9. Watson

Fringe rotation:
10. Cancar
11. Nnaji

Situational:
12. Jordan
13. Alexander

Don't play these guys:
14. Tyson
15. Hall
16. Pickett
17. Jones

Out for season:
18. Holmes
How's this team looking compared the the championship one? Feeling good about their chances?

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
The run game and o line have been lights out tonight I’ve liked krill. Still think a top TE would do wonders for nix. He credit where it’s due I didn’t wanna throw my phone at the tv tonight because of him

Reactions: MonsterMack

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
When’s the last time a Broncos game was boring because they’re on the winning side of a blowout

The saints injuries are just crazy. They were already decimated before the night began.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
How's this team looking compared the the championship one? Feeling good about their chances?
We can't afford a single injury at the guard position. We are deeper up front with Saric in the mix and Vlatko healthy but this is the thinnest I've seen us at guard since we ended up playing Campazzo and Howard in the back court in a playoff series a few years back.

Our guard depth is
PG: Murray, Westbrook, Pickett, [Alexander; two-way]
SG: Braun, Strawther

That's literally all we have. Pickett is unplayable in every sense of the word and Alexander is a raw undrafted rookie on a two-way contract (which means he can only dress for 50 regular season games regardless of how many he plays, and he's not eligible for the playoffs).

Last year our depth was
PG: Murray, Jackson, Pickett, [Gillespie; two-way]
SG: KCP, Braun, Holiday, Strawther

So we essentially swapped Jackson, Caldwell-Pope, Holiday, and Gillespie for just Westbrook and Alexander. And Gillespie is better than Alexander right now.

In a vacuum Westbrook is a big upgrade over Reggie Jackson, but Reggie is a much better shooter and we lost a bunch 3 point shooting. And Westbrook is also two years older and he had surgery during the season last year, so who knows how healthy he can be for us. Reggie played 82 games last year (he was broken down and barely able to walk by the end of the year, but he did it).

Reactions: The Merchant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad