OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies etc…Part VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Interesting that the Nuggets aren't necessarily bad at 3-pointers, but more like they just don't attempt them enough. Apparently they were DEAD LAST in 3-point attempt volume. To me it always feels like they're the damn streakiest team when it comes to shooting beyond the arc, either everything is going in or nothing is (yeah I'm lookin' at you, Porter).

Malone appears to know this but it would be nice to see what adjustments he'll actually make. The Nuggets didn't exactly bolster their depth at guard this offseason, and definitely didn't add any guys who can shoot from distance near as I can tell (I mean, yeah, they got Russ, but he obviously isn't the shooter he used to be).

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
If I remember right, the team asked him multiple times if he wants to get dealt at the deadline and he said no. He had 10 and 5 rights so he could have went anywhere he wanted to but decided to stay.

Believe McMahon did the same thing this deadline because he had a daughter this year so he asked the organization to not trade him.
And that's fine, that doesn't make me question his desire to win, would've been nice for the owner to show the same level of dedication to the organization as Blackmon did.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
And that's fine, that doesn't make me question his desire to win, would've been nice for the owner to show the same level of dedication to the organization as Blackmon did.
The Rockies are usually above the league average in payroll. They just put idiotic people in charge to make stupid decisions, which you could argue the same thing Blackmon did when he re-signed multiple times.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Rockies are usually above the league average in payroll. They just put idiotic people in charge to make stupid decisions, which you could argue the same thing Blackmon did when he re-signed multiple times.
That's just it, Monfort isn't the cheapest owner in baseball, he's just the laziest. Left complete idiots like Bridich (who was a surly dickhead to boot) in charge for YEARS while he made dumb move after dumb move. Hell, he didn't even want to fire Bridich, but fan outcry after the Nolan Arenado donation became way too much. It's never been the amount of money he spends, it's how he spends it (like his ridiculously uneven efforts to build and then almost immediately tear down an analytics department). And you know he played a big part in the signing of a way-past-his-prime Kris Bryant. He's somehow meddlesome and simultaneously hands-off in the worst possible ways.

Not gonna blame guys like Trevor Story for getting the f*** out, also not gonna blame guys like Blackmon for staying. Those are their decisions to make and their business, just would be nice for the Rockies to honor guys who stay loyal by not being grossly incompetent.

Reactions: madman

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
There were a couple of years where we knew that as Avalanche fans and it wasn't even our owners fault.

"Come on down and watch Tyler Arnasson and your Colorado Avalanche take on the Chicago Blackhawks."
-An honest to god commercial, expecting folks to fork over money for the iceturd and company.
"Labor force of Glendale, Colorado: Tyler has given you so much. Isn't it time you gave back?"

• Haha
Reactions: expatriatedtexan

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
That's just it, Monfort isn't the cheapest owner in baseball, he's just the laziest. Left complete idiots like Bridich (who was a surly dickhead to boot) in charge for YEARS while he made dumb move after dumb move. Hell, he didn't even want to fire Bridich, but fan outcry after the Nolan Arenado donation became way too much. It's never been the amount of money he spends, it's how he spends it (like his ridiculously uneven efforts to build and then almost immediately tear down an analytics department). And you know he played a big part in the signing of a way-past-his-prime Kris Bryant. He's somehow meddlesome and simultaneously hands-off in the worst possible ways.

Not gonna blame guys like Trevor Story for getting the f*** out, also not gonna blame guys like Blackmon for staying. Those are their decisions to make and their business, just would be nice for the Rockies to honor guys who stay loyal by not being grossly incompetent.
While Monforts hire yes man and make majority of the moves, I'm willing to bet good money that KB deal is mainly Schmidt's doing.

Speaking of Arenado, thought it was funny that he's won more playoff games with the Rockies than he has with the Cardinals. He made a huge mistake not opting out after '22 and getting his last big pay day, he's beyond washed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad