OT: Other Sports: Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies etc…Part VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
This was my conclusion after watching all the tape I could find of him before we even drafted him. And every scouting report mentions his poor arm.

I’m definitely not seeing the same reports as you. Everything I read on him before the draft said he has an average arm. It’s not great but it’s not terrible. He does have a problem of locking into receivers and not getting through reads and he does have a tendency to go for the safe 5 yard toss vs the 15 yard out. Definitely saw both of those traits in the first game.

Here’s a very good detailed scouting report on him and comparison to other QBs - Bo Nix Quarterback Oregon | NFL Draft Profile & Scouting Report

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Can’t say the coach on the other sideline is much better based on that BS in the last 2 mins. That was a seriously ugly game.
I don’t care about a comparison to Deion. Norvell is trash all around, and so are his wife and kid. He’s a bad coach who runs his mouth with outright lies and his teams plays as dirty as you can get. This goes back to his Nebraska and OU days. Dude is the epitome of all hat.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
CU always tries to inflate the score in garbage time. It's just going to get someone hurt, and they'll have no one to blame, but themselves. Although I'm sure Prime would give a very roundabout and long winded excuse on the matter.

Just f***ing recruit well, and win some goddamn games.

Bonzai12

Nov 2, 2007
Denver CO
if I was a CU fan I’d be raging pissed about that last 2 mins……Prime keeps pumping out this message that he wants CU to be great and he’s all about the school….yada yada…..but the BS at the end of this game clearly illustrates that his son’s stats are above and beyond whatever success CU can have. If you care about the school ya run out the clock and trot out your kid to win another game next week. If you’re just trying to get the kid drafted, you throw the ball every f’ing down possible no matter game situation.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I don’t care about a comparison to Deion. Norvell is trash all around, and so are his wife and kid. He’s a bad coach who runs his mouth with outright lies and his teams plays as dirty as you can get. This goes back to his Nebraska and OU days. Dude is the epitome of all hat.
And the worst lie he told is telling everyone Fowler-Nicolosi was offered 600K by Kansas State.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
And the worst lie he told is telling everyone Fowler-Nicolosi was offered 600K by Kansas State.
Yeah… The same Kansas State that chased away their starting QB to Ohio State because they had a stud stepping in. Complete bullshit story that anybody with half a brain could tell was a lie. Horton… sure that dude could play nearly anywhere. BFN… he may not be a starter by the end of the season.

I don’t mind CSU all that much. They have inflated self worth, but what school doesn’t? They have a real tendency to hire some of the most trash coaches… and I’m speaking more off the field than on. Norvell somehow tops that list.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Yeah… The same Kansas State that chased away their starting QB to Ohio State because they had a stud stepping in. Complete bullshit story that anybody with half a brain could tell was a lie. Horton… sure that dude could play nearly anywhere. BFN… he may not be a starter by the end of the season.

I don’t mind CSU all that much. They have inflated self worth, but what school doesn’t? They have a real tendency to hire some of the most trash coaches… and I’m speaking more off the field than on. Norvell somehow tops that list.
I feel bad for Horton. No clue how he ended up in Fort Collins, he's way to good to be toiling away there.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Rivers has a much, much better arm than Nix.

Once again
2/12 with 2 INT on passes that traveled 10 or more air yards

Hell, it wasn't better at half that distance:
7/22 with 2 INT on passes that traveled 5 or more air yards

Stop bringing up Hall of Famers to compare to this kid. Nix's arm makes Kyle Orton's look like Brett Favre's.

Anyway, today's injury report is bad
Audric Estime - moved to IR with an ankle injury, will miss a minimum of 4 games
Josh Reynolds - did not practice today, questionable for Sunday
Devaughn Vele - did not practice today, questionable for Sunday
Garrett Bolles - did not practice today, questionable for Sunday
Just lol, you don't have to like Bo Nix, but your assessment of him after 1 regular season game is a complete laugher.

Doesn't have NFL arm talent is a complete BS cop out that lazy people who don't like a guy like to use to make it sound like they know what they are talking about. There are countless examples of successful NFL QBs that don't have an Elway arm. Hell Manning set all time records with a broken down body and a dead arm in 2013. Sure his arm was fine prior to the injury but he was wildly successful in Denver with a dead arm. Drew Brees is 2nd all time in passing yards and was undersized with a mid arm. You can say those are all time greats that you can't use as comparisons, but after 1 game they sure as shit weren't all time greats, they developed into them.

Let's base a kid's whole career based off his first NFL game, seems completely reasonable. He didn't make any throws downfield and had 2 INTs, he just lacks arm talent.. ok let's just gloss over the fact his o-line surrendered the most pressure of any line in the league, his WRs/TEs couldn't create separation or break a tackle or make a guy miss if their lives depended on it, and the RBs were so so. But yes it was all Bo Nix's fault and he clearly lacks arm talent. Got it. Even Mahomes would have struggled with the shit show the offensive players put together last game.

Let's give it a year before we start making baseless claims like he lacks NFL arm talent. It will be obvious at that point as to what he can and can't do at the NFL level. We don't know jack shit after one game.

famicommander

Aug 12, 2011
Locked onto that guy short of the sticks on 4th and 7, hit a Steeler right in the face.

We don't even consider throwing to the sticks.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Locked onto that guy short of the sticks on 4th and 7, hit a Steeler right in the face.

We don't even consider throwing to the sticks.
every year this team is notorious for that. Need 7 for the first down throw a completion for 3 yards.

Where is Sutton? We could have had a third round pick for this guy.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
O line sucking
QB sucking
Defense all around sucking

I guess we'll be getting a pretty high profile player in next year's draft.

Nix is scared as shit right now. He's feeling ghosts behind him on every play. He's never going to to play with confidence until he can trust his Oline. I know that's not easy vs TJ Watt, but he needs to take his time and make some throws.

Edit: I hate this play style, but they should run more QB draws. Force them to put a spy on Nix and hopefully that'll open something up.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad