OT: Other Sports 82

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
I'm sorry WS fans. I think Getz might hate the WS because no one with a brain would have made this trade.

How in the hell does the Cards get Fedde/Pham and only give up an injured Tommy Edman? Screw the Cardinals, screw them hard.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
So Nate Pearson debuts for the Cubs last night and gives up a homer (best part about that is it was to Jeimer Candelario) then the next batter he drills Stevenson in the head and gets ejected...

One of the greatest debuts.

• Haha
Reactions: hawksrule and TLEH

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
ESPN's report card for trades gave the Cardinals an A, the Dodgers a B+, and the Sox a D. They seem to think Vargas is a worthwhile prospect, but its just way too low of a return.

So now...are teams licking their chops calling the Sox about Crochet today, hoping to be the next team to fleece Getz?

Reactions: Pez68 and Mrfenn92

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I'm done paying attention to the White Sox. I followed their last rebuild after they traded Sale for Moncada and Kopech. Since then they whiffed on the Madrigal pick, traded Giolito and Cease. Now they trade Fedde and Kopech and get nothing great back. This after 3 years of having a lot of talent but everyone played for themselves and the team sucked. Don't get me started on the Larussa hiring.

The Bulls are the same. Bring in Vooch and Demar. Sign Lavine to a max deal. Sign Lonzo to 4 years and 80 mil. Lonzo blows his knee out and the next 4 years are a disaster. Both teams are rebuilding the rebuild.

By any chance they wouldn't happen to have the same owner, would they?

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
ESPN's report card for trades gave the Cardinals an A, the Dodgers a B+, and the Sox a D. They seem to think Vargas is a worthwhile prospect, but its just way too low of a return.

So now...are teams licking their chops calling the Sox about Crochet today, hoping to be the next team to fleece Getz?
Now he’s gonna trade crochet out of spite because he came out and said he wants a extension to continue to pitch

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Vargas was a top 40 prospect a year ago. It's not great, but it's not as bad as I thought it was initially.
Also, teams are prospect hugging on position players. All of the high return deals have been pitchers.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Vargas was a top 40 prospect a year ago. It's not great, but it's not as bad as I thought it was initially.
Also, teams are prospect hugging on position players. All of the high return deals have been pitchers.

Vargas can't field and he has shown no ability to hit ML pitcher

He is a positionless player who can't hit. That is not good and fact Dodger so gleefully moved him for a utility infielder and a reliever says a lot

I could accept a shitty IF he can hit for power (Jose Valentin) to offset it but Vargas is not that type

He doesn't hit for power, so he isn't a fit at 1B or DH (The spots you would usually put big bats who cant field well) and he has never played OF so even LF seems unlikely option

Reactions: Pez68

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Can someone explain to me why Getz is holding onto a soon to be 30 yr old reliever in Wilson?

A reliever with sub 4 ERA from pen has value to contenders at deadline. Could get a young arm or two for him and the Sox are terrible so why not move him?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With Jimenez being traded we will no longer have to watch him injuring himself while running to 1st base.

Cant wait until Moncada era ends

At least Jimenez was good when healthy, Moncada has been shit when healthy

19 yr old 2B/SS William Bergolla is the #11 prospect in Phillies system

Is it just me or did Sox got better prospect from Phillies for Banks than we did in the Fedde/Pham/Kopech giveaway?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad