OT: Other Sports 82

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth

Illini need to adapt to keep guys. Seems weird that a second choice team in a smaller state in a second tier conference money-wise can get more NIL money than at the flagship institution in Illinois in the Big Ten.

Like I said, you ain't getting this kid without at least solid NIL. The Hawkins ordeal was just a mutual parting of ways. He doesn't really make much sense to bring back with the team Illinois has next year.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
The Athletic is saying the Bulls have some interest in Shannon Jr. Their latest mock draft has them trading down to 17 and grabbing him.

17. TRADE: Los Angeles Lakers trade No. 17 to Chicago Bulls​

Terrence Shannon Jr. | 6-6 wing | 23 years old | Illinois​

(Potential Trade Details: Chicago trades No. 11 to Lakers for No. 17, Jalen Hood-Schifino, and two future second round picks)

Shannon’s draft range is exceptionally wide right now following his acquittal earlier in June on a rape charge. I’ve heard him in the mix as high as No. 11 to Chicago all the way into the early portion of the second round.

In fact, Shannon’s name is the one I’ve heard most associated with the Bulls over the last 48 hours. In this scenario, they can trade down, acquire a few extra assets and still end up with a player they have at least some degree of interest in selecting. It makes sense why given Chicago’s desperate need for depth and athleticism on the perimeter.

Shannon was among the best players in college basketball this season, but his game leaves evaluators a bit polarized. He is more of a wrecking ball that crashes into the paint with regularity as opposed to a polished scorer.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Not going to lie, Dosunmu and Shannon on the same team would make me happy even recognizing that the Bulls would still be mediocre at best.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
IMG_8786.jpeg

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
That’s not as common lately thankfully, but man alive the Bulls would be doing this kid dirty if they turned around and did that. He’s as stoked as any drafted player I can remember seeing picked.

Reactions: TheDachKnight

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Singh osxarse-deep in it:

Former Pakistani star cricketer Inamazam -ul-Haq has accused Arshdeep Singh the Indiax cricket star of tampering with the ball because he was throwing reverse spin balks Austrakla'sCricket team could not cope with and lost the match byv26vruns.

Reverse slins? Hey, maybevthe White Sox should sign Singh..anyone who can reverse spin a pitch is going to have great success.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
That’s not as common lately thankfully, but man alive the Bulls would be doing this kid dirty if they turned around and did that. He’s as stoked as any drafted player I can remember seeing picked.
Looked like his brother may have been more emotional about the pick than Matas himself. I don't know anything about Buzelis more than the highlights and that he's local; just glad Bulls didn't pick another guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad