OT: Other Sports 82

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
The Cubs don't stink they're pretty good and that tracks with them winning some close games and getting blown out sometimes and blowing teams out from time to time.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
The Cubs don't stink they're pretty good and that tracks with them winning some close games and getting blown out sometimes and blowing teams out from time to time.

They are 9-11 in the month of May with a -12 run differential. They're a fine team. Basically last year's team.

They’re cheeks right now, though. I assume it’ll turn around at some point, but who knows.

Last edited:

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Skenes with another great outing today, though "only" 3 strikeouts. Turns out the Cubs, who have 18 strikeouts against him in 10 innings, might just suck at hitting :laugh:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
They are 9-11 in the month of May with a -12 run differential. They're a fine team. Basically last year's team.

They’re cheeks right now, though. I assume it’ll turn around at some point, but who knows.
It's baseball. I remember a bunch of Sox fans and haters talking about them being the worst team of all time after an abysmal start. They'll still win sixty games.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
It's baseball. I remember a bunch of Sox fans and haters talking about them being the worst team of all time after an abysmal start. They'll still win sixty games.

I get it, but there were also signs of a regression coming for the Cubs too. It appears we are here.

Granted, the injuries haven't helped, and it's been a tough schedule / some tough pitching matchups.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
The White Sox aren't winning 60 games. Especially not once they start dumping anyone with a pulse for whatever they can get. It is a historically terrible offense, and their pitching has gone to shit too. Wait until they have to shut Crochett down in a month or so, and start another 10 ERA pitcher in his place. They are still on pace to be very close to the worst 162 game record of all time.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
The Cubs suck. Swanson sucks. Bellinger is average I guess. Holy crap man, this is more than just a bad little stretch they’ll get over. It’s a full regression to what they probably should have been the first part of the season, which is just a bad baseball team.

Reactions: Pez68

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad