Proposal: Other offers for PK Subban

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oleg Petrov

Jun 15, 2008
Now that we know what PK Subban was traded for, I would like to see proposals from other fan bases that in their opinion would have been a "better" deal for Montreal.

As a neutral living in Colorado, I think Colorado would have been willing to give up:

Rantanen and Barrie for Subban

I believe that to be a better package than Weber, but I'm a big Tyson Barrie fan.

GUY 10

May 26, 2016
TN, USA
I believe that the following deal with EDM would have been equitable for both teams

Hall
4OA
Klefbom
Yakupov

for
Subban
9OA

however, it is rumored that Bergevin insisted on Draisaitl instead of Hall, and RNH instead of Yak.

This stopped Chiarelli from pulling te trigger on the trade early. Wen Columbus dropped the bombshell of picking Dubois instead of Puljujarvi, everything fell apart.

PuqTalk

I love Cogliano
Jun 24, 2012
Texas
Vatanen (sign and trade on current deal), Ritchie, Montour, 1st, 3rd for Subban, Beaulieu

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Now that we know what PK Subban was traded for, I would like to see proposals from other fan bases that in their opinion would have been a "better" deal for Montreal.

As a neutral living in Colorado, I think Colorado would have been willing to give up:

Rantanen and Barrie for Subban

I believe that to be a better package than Weber, but I'm a big Tyson Barrie fan.

every time I see Subban and Barrie in the same sentence, I remember this:

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
It looks like a team would have to give up a top 15ish defenseman, preferably right handed. That severely limits the pool of teams who could have made a legitimate offer.

I saw something about Subban and a 1st for Letang. Letang's value is higher than Weber's currently, but the difference certainly isn't a first round pick. I doubt Montreal would have done that.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
Muzzin ++

If the ++ starts with a "T" and ends in an "Offoli" then I would have done that deal. Muzzin is a great defensemen, criminally underrated IMO.

Doubt LA would be able to take on Subban's contract without salary being sent back.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
If the ++ starts with a "T" and ends in an "Offoli" then I would have done that deal. Muzzin is a great defensemen, criminally underrated IMO.

Doubt LA would be able to take on Subban's contract without salary being sent back.

Doubt it. The Kings would've needed to send salary back. Gaborik and a pick more likely.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I believe that the following deal with EDM would have been equitable for both teams

Hall
4OA
Klefbom
Yakupov

for
Subban
9OA

however, it is rumored that Bergevin insisted on Draisaitl instead of Hall, and RNH instead of Yak.

This stopped Chiarelli from pulling te trigger on the trade early. Wen Columbus dropped the bombshell of picking Dubois instead of Puljujarvi, everything fell apart.

too much from Edmonton IMO.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Hall
4OA
Klefbom
Yakupov

for
Subban
9OA

The ask was Nuge. 4th. Leon D. Nurse and somethnic else and montreal was not sending 9th

McPhatty00

Apr 23, 2014
State College, PA
As a Sabres fan, I know Subban to Buffalo would never have worked. If Edmonton was asking for Risto for Hall, Subban to Buffalo would've STARTED with Risto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad