GDT: Other Games Around the League 2016-17

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I need to see more Leafs games. I feel like I haven't fully appreciated Austin Matthews this year like I should. That was a nice rush to the goal.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
The Sharks will never get respect from the media with regards to national tv games. They have had, what, one NBC (not NBCSN) game not including the playoffs in the last like five years? And that was the game vs. the Kings to end the disaster 2014-15 season. I get that NBC's time window is 9:30am Pacific, but the Kings being on regular NBC yesterday reminded me of this.

Heck, even the Stars have a regular NBC game this year.

Edit: One shot on goal for the Blues in the first

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
The Sharks will never get respect from the media with regards to national tv games. They have had, what, one NBC (not NBCSN) game not including the playoffs in the last like five years? And that was the game vs. the Kings to end the disaster 2014-15 season. I get that NBC's time window is 9:30am Pacific, but the Kings being on regular NBC yesterday reminded me of this.

Heck, even the Stars have a regular NBC game this year.

Edit: One shot on goal for the Blues in the first

I think the only way it might happen is if the Sharks win the Cup but, even then, it will be short-lived unless we're like the Kings and win a couple in a short time (or, e.g., go to the finals four times in 7 years) or if a honcho at NBC (or its owner, currently Comcast) owned a large share of the Sharks. We aren't O-6, we aren't east coast or even eastern time zone, we aren't a big market. They have no reason to care about the Sharks so they don't.

St. Louis is a tire fire right now.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well that was the best hockey game I ever went to. For six dollars.

Please never, ever move, Islanders.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
If strome is good so is tierney.

giphy.gif

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I need to see more Leafs games. I feel like I haven't fully appreciated Austin Matthews this year like I should. That was a nice rush to the goal.

Probably the guy Boston wanted with the Sharks' 1st round draft pick last year. Oh well.

Leafs come into town on the 28th of this month.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Strome 45% cf. 13 5v5 points

Done.

Also note i didnt say tierney was better.

Yeah, under Jack Capuano. When he regularly played with possession anchors and got healthy scratched. Strome has a 50 point season to his name and no reason he can't get back there.

Anyway, thank god Julien was fired. The Bruins were scary with him.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Two defensemen in the entire league rank top 10 in all three of CF%, GF%, and p/60 since 2013 - Viktor Hedman, and Torey Krug.

One is perennially in the Norris discussion and the other.....is Torey Krug.

If he wasn't 5'8", the hockey world would **** themselves would excitement over Krug.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Grabner leads the league in even strength goals, right? That's crazy that he has 26 already.

I find it funny that the Rangers are only in a playoff spot literally because a third liner is suddenly shooting nearly 8% over his career high.

That's the most Rangers thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad