OT: Other Buffalo Sports (Bandits, Beauts, Bisons, NCAA Basketball and Football)

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Judging by their attendance I'm not sure anyone who wasn't on the team even knew they existed. I saw a couple of their games last year and I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't more butts on the players' benches than in the stands.
The Facebook NLL post announcing it had several people talking about not knowing they existed, then others saying they lived in the ares and saying no advertising was done at all by the owners. No link between the team name and geographical area of the team had people saying they knew they existed but not where they were even from.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
The Facebook NLL post announcing it had several people talking about not knowing they existed, then others saying they lived in the ares and saying no advertising was done at all by the owners. No link between the team name and geographical area of the team had people saying they knew they existed but not where they were even from.
Soooo.....where were they from? The only city I'd think of with "Panther City" would be Charlotte.....cuz they have the Carolina Panthers.

Tsujimoto

Jan 23, 2006
Soooo.....where were they from? The only city I'd think of with "Panther City" would be Charlotte.....cuz they have the Carolina Panthers.
Before they announced they were folding there was speculation they were going to be moving to Charlotte, but now that they're dispersing their players that seems dead in the water.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Before they announced they were folding there was speculation they were going to be moving to Charlotte, but now that they're dispersing their players that seems dead in the water.

The dispersal draft was yesterday.

Eddy covered the why the relocation to Charlotte didn't happen. It was basically way too short a timeframe to get a front office and ticket sales going before the start of the 2024-25 season.

The Long Island to Ottawa relocation was announced in February, for instance.

Reactions: Tsujimoto

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad