OT Non-Ski Resort Thread Part ∞+5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
Wait what? Which poster?

Johnny Canucker IIRC

He ran into the Oilers at Cactus and they were talking about tanking and how they're all for it. When he said "Now I know how Oilers fans feel (from the perspective of a Nucks fan)" all Hall had to say was "At least you guys have nice weather here"

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Johnny canuck I think

Johnny Canucker IIRC

He ran into the Oilers at Cactus and they were talking about tanking and how they're all for it. When he said "Now I know how Oilers fans feel (from the perspective of a Nucks fan)" all Hall had to say was "At least you guys have nice weather here"

Damn, that's pretty bad.

And TSN 1040 basically read that on air? And here I thought they didn't pay attention to us.

The Stig

Rest In Peace Johnny Gaudreau
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
Johnny Canucker IIRC

Credible source

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Sup Vancouver people.

LOL 1040 was talking about the story that poster who ran into the Oilers at Cactus the other week told apparently.

They 100% get all their info from HF

What station is this? I'm gonna have to add it to my list of streams for the lulz.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Wow Balls Mahoney passed away today. He just celebrated his 44th birthday on Monday. Sad news. Makes you wonder about all the other ECW originals though and what kind of toll that style has taken on their bodies.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Hi guys, visiting Vancouver with the better half, had a great first day. Thanks for all the suggestions!!!

Just wanted to reiterate a question I had from before - any suggestions on a good spot to watch the games (specifically, the Rangers game) tomorrow? To go one step further - we'd love to find two or three spots close to each other and move between them during intermissions. Preferably spots that have interesting menus or ambiances, but I know that's asking a lot for a sports bar. We're ambivalent to area - preferably within 30 min walk of downtown though, so Gastown, Yaletown, West end, even Mt. Pleasant are all perfect for us.

Thanks!

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Hi guys, visiting Vancouver with the better half, had a great first day. Thanks for all the suggestions!!!

Just wanted to reiterate a question I had from before - any suggestions on a good spot to watch the games (specifically, the Rangers game) tomorrow? To go one step further - we'd love to find two or three spots close to each other and move between them during intermissions. Preferably spots that have interesting menus or ambiances, but I know that's asking a lot for a sports bar. We're ambivalent to area - preferably within 30 min walk of downtown though, so Gastown, Yaletown, West end, even Mt. Pleasant are all perfect for us.

Thanks!

I'd recommend The Pint in Gastown. And if you want to check out another place in the area the Lamplighter is pretty good too. Clough Club is next door to Lamplighter, and while it won't have the game it's a pretty cool spot.

There's also a good sports bar on Robson and Bute (808 Bute St.) called All Star Wings and Ribs. They have tons of TV's and should have the game.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I'd recommend The Pint in Gastown. And if you want to check out another place in the area the Lamplighter is pretty good too. Clough Club is next door to Lamplighter, and while it won't have the game it's a pretty cool spot.

There's also a good sports bar on Robson and Bute (808 Bute St.) called All Star Wings and Ribs. They have tons of TV's and should have the game.

Thanks! Any thoughts on which of those spots is most likely to play the games with sound on?

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Thanks! Any thoughts on which of those spots is most likely to play the games with sound on?

All Star Wings is absolutely oppressive. It's like being in the centre of a disco ball with every chip of glass a tv lasering sports at you Clockwork Orange-style.

The Pint's a bit more chill. IIRC, if you get a booth, you have your own tv and they'll tune it in to how you want. Not 100% sure about the sound, though. And the food's better.

GL to the Rangers, btw. Viggy's still the best coach this team ever had.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009

Thanks!

If you want an interesting menu...
Try The Score on Davie.
Check out this monster:
Score-On-Davie-Pub-Caesar-Madness-Bloody-Mary.jpg

:yo:

If that is too much...
It also has other similar...
But smaller...
Drinks.
Here is the website:
http://scoreondavie.com/?p=68