OT: OT: Lets Go Cardinals! (All Baseball Talk Here) Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
2 things-

1) Mo is staying this year so that anything unpopular will be on him and not the new guy

2)my goodness do we now have a bunch a entitled, whinny bitchers and moaners for fans
after Whitey won the World Series, he was here for 8 more seasons, 4 of them were losing seasons, we just came off a stretch of one losing year out of 18
people need to get a grip on their expectations
I didn’t realize asking for a competent GM and an owner that’s willing to spend money on the team to improve it was entitlement.

I always had the naive thought that those aspects were simple responsibilities that come with those jobs.

Reactions: Memento

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
2 things-

1) Mo is staying this year so that anything unpopular will be on him and not the new guy

2)my goodness do we now have a bunch a entitled, whinny bitchers and moaners for fans
after Whitey won the World Series, he was here for 8 more seasons, 4 of them were losing seasons, we just came off a stretch of one losing year out of 18

How about you don't play fan police with everyone? I am fine with losing seasons, but I am not fine with having losing seasons with arrogant front office people who do no wrong, and how dare the fans want more and how dare we not vote on a gambling law that will make the owners even more money?

Reactions: TheDizee

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
2 things-

How dare you!?!

I deserve...

Reactions: joe galiba

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
I didn’t realize asking for a competent GM and an owner that’s willing to spend money on the team to improve it was entitlement.

I always had the naive thought that those aspects were simple responsibilities that come with those jobs.
they do spend money, around 10th or so in revenue and around 10th or so in payroll
I don’t know how 17 out of 18 winning years could be thought of as incompetent
have they been successful the last couple of season? no, but things run their course

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
they do spend money, around 10th or so in revenue and around 10th or so in payroll
have they been successful the last couple of season? no, but things run their course
Yeah they spend money, but they spend it in idiotic ways. Then they lecture the fanbase that they know what they are doing like they are smarter than everyone else and every other club in the league.

Bowtie boy is a elitist smug snob who rode the coattails of Jocketty's success and hasn't done anything meaningful in almost a decade.

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
How about you don't play fan police with everyone? I am fine with losing seasons, but I am not fine with having losing seasons with arrogant front office people who do no wrong, and how dare the fans want more and how dare we not vote on a gambling law that will make the owners even more money?
I can fan police all I want to, so there :)
honestly Mo comes across as pompous, but I don’t care
he is a human being and it seems to me that there is a lot of uncalled for vitriol towards him personally just because someone doesn’t like the moves he made as a GM

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Yeah they spend money, but they spend it in idiotic ways. Then they lecture the fanbase that they know what they are doing like they are smarter than everyone else and every other club in the league.

Bowtie boy is a elitist smug snob who rode the coattails of Jocketty's success and hasn't done anything meaningful in almost a decade.
the Cardinals were successful, so they kept doing those things, why change when it works
others copy that success and improve on it and eventually you are no longer successful
they finally tried to adapt and weren’t good at it, so now it is time to move on

as far as Mo being smug or arrogant or pompous, sure, but I simply don’t care

Last edited:

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018

Answer this.

If they played in tougher division how many winning seasons do they have???? Kinda nice when you could feast on the bottom of the barrel teams in your division 19 teams a year previously and now you only play teams in division 13 times.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Man that presser was a !$@#$ing disaster.

It makes me happy that there is at least one competent management in STL. I mean we all don't agree with Army's moves, but yet you at least see a direction almost every year with the Blues. Just avoid answering the questions. Asking about improving play and talking about well going to have new cool giveaway. That was horrible.

Honestly they basically need to start over and build for future for couple years IMO.

Reactions: TheDizee

joe galiba

Apr 16, 2020
Answer this.

If they played in tougher division how many winning seasons do they have???? Kinda nice when you could feast on the bottom of the barrel teams in your division 19 teams a year previously and now you only play teams in division 13 times.
they made it to the NLCS 5 times in 18 years, so the week division argument seems week to me

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
they made it to the NLCS 5 times in 18 years, so the week division argument seems week to me

But playoffs are crapshoot at times. They also lost 6 times in the 1st round. But you aren't looking at the big picture

2011 the year they won the world series, they played Astros 19 times who were 56-106
2006 they had Cubs and Pirates that won 66 and 67 games. 19 times they play each team.
2012 Astros & Cubs won 55 and 61 games

Central division is weak.

Memento

Future Authoress.
Sep 12, 2011
St. Louis, Missouri
I can fan police all I want to, so there :)
honestly Mo comes across as pompous, but I don’t care
he is a human being and it seems to me that there is a lot of uncalled for vitriol towards him personally just because someone doesn’t like the moves he made as a GM

I have no vitriol towards Mozeliak as a person, but he encapsulates the entirety of what's wrong with this front office and ownership. They're fine with the status quo: making money, not changing what needs to be changed, and doing the barest minimum to compete.

I do not see a plan like what the Blues have when it comes to the Cardinals. That's my issue with this press conference and what they're doing.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
461793359_18455943397036159_7786480353931912337_n.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad